• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Splinter Cell game is on the horizon according to Gamestop’s night-vision goggles listing

CyberPanda

Banned
Gamestop may have just leaked a new Splinter Cell game. A new listing for some new night-vision goggles appeared yesterday, with its description clearly stating that the 10th Splinter Cell main game is on the horizon.

Although Gamestop was quick to react and remove the listing, users were able to capture screenshots from it. Below you can find its “juicy” description.

“For the first time since the introduction of Splinter Cell in 2002, after nine top-selling AAA+ titles, and with the 10th release one the horizon, this is your first chance to own Sam Fisher’s signature Ultra High-Frequency Sonar Goggles.”

wmqWP23.png

itkiFZD.jpg

These goggles will be available this November for $39.99. As such, Ubisoft may announce a new Splinter Cell game during that period. Or at least that’s what this description hints at.

Now I should also note that the description specifically states that the 10th part in the Splinter Cell series is on the horizon. Not a Splinter Cell spin-off or Sam appearing in another game; the description lists the 10th release of the main series.

Ubisoft has not announced anything official yet. However, and after this leak, the French company might be forced to provide some additional teasers. That, or Ubisoft may debunk this latest leak.

Stay tuned for more!

Anyone still care about the series anymore?

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Me: "I didn't know GameSpot had merch"
"GameSpot goggles?"
"GameSpot knows about an upcoming game and they aren't reporting it?"

wow gamestop surprised to see you still breathing

D3SCHA1N

I'll have to see what the next game looks like to decide whether or not I care about it. A handful of years between installments isn't what would make me stop...

Arachnid

I will never stop caring about Splinter Cell. Chaos Theory is, to this day, in my top 5 games of all time. Ubi needs to get it together and confirm a new entry already.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I will never stop caring about Splinter Cell. Chaos Theory is, to this day, in my top 5 games of all time. Ubi needs to get it together and confirm a new entry already.
Fully agree. The multiplayer was such a revelation and still hasn't been touched to this day imo. Really good duos could absolutely destroy other teams as ethier mercs or spys based on teamwork, timing and strategy. It wasn't just about about twitch reflexes and bigger guns.

Last edited by a moderator:

xrnzaaas

Please stop giving Ubisoft the attention it seeks, surely it's a running joke for their devs and nothing more. ;)

SleepDoctor

Banned
Splinter Cell is a day one for me whenever they decide to announce it.

The originals were great but Conviction and Blacklist weren't so bad either.

Romulus

Ubisoft is confirmed to be working on a AAA game based on one of their previously successful games. VR this time though.

Arachnid

I missed the bulk of the Splinter Cell games but I enjoyed Conviction and LOVED Blacklist.
If you ever get the chance and a stealth itch, pick up Chaos Theory on Steam or Xbox BC. I'm not one of the SC fans who hate the newer games (Blacklist is one of the best in the series despite some big changes IMO), but CT really is the the golden child.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
If you ever get the chance and a stealth itch, pick up Chaos Theory on Steam or Xbox BC. I'm not one of the SC fans who hate the newer games (Blacklist is one of the best in the series despite some big changes IMO), but CT really is the the golden child.
Yep, Chaos Theory is the best SC game ever made. Blacklist was really good though and way better than Conviction.

Siri

Banned
The way Ubisoft has evolved Assassin’s Creed gives me great hope for an evolved Splinter Cell game - I hope this happens.

The way Ubisoft has evolved Assassin’s Creed gives me great hope for an evolved Splinter Cell game - I hope this happens.

How does that give you hope?

Ubi went from being the kings of stealth over the course of three games, to then releasing a series of games that have the word Assassin in the title, of which features some of the worst controls and Fisher & Price stealth gameplay ever conceived.

The only other comparable fall from grace was with the release of Thie... oh sorry, Thi4f.

Im convinced Ubi (and AAA in general) dont re-release/remaster their older games just to save face and avoid making their newer games look bad.

Last edited:

Smoke6

I want massive open set pieces and levels that can take a while to take down with tons of replay value for each level!

I didn’t really play the later entries, but the first few games were absolute fire. Chaos Theory was a fucking classic. I’d love it if they gave us a next gen Splinter Cell in the vein of the older games. Please be that and no VR bullshit. Please?

The biggest problem with the later Splinter Cell games is they were more cinematic. They didn't need to be cinematic or action oriented. Splinter Cell is about getting in and out of tough situations without setting off alarms, or setting off very few of them. If Splinter Cell took a few lessons from the new Hitman games and then expanded on it, I'd be totally OK with it.

Siri

Banned
How does that give you hope?

Ubi went from being the kings of stealth over the course of three games, to then releasing a series of games that have the word Assassin in the title, of which features some of the worst controls and Fisher & Price stealth gameplay ever conceived.

The only other comparable fall from grace was with the release of Thie... oh sorry, Thi4f.

Im convinced Ubi (and AAA in general) dont re-release/remaster their older games just to save face and avoid making their newer games look bad.

Assassin’s Creed is one of the most evolved series in all of gaming. The first game in the series is a hollow shell in comparison with the latest. Only someone who’s completely blind, or completely biased, wouldn’t see this.

Assassin’s Creed is one of the most evolved series in all of gaming. The first game in the series is a hollow shell in comparison with the latest. Only someone who’s completely blind, or completely biased, wouldn’t see this.

Jump from AC1 to 2 was huge. The rest not so much.

I hope its not open world. A classic splinter cell could be cool.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned

The first entry's had a soul and a development goal. Aside from a few repetitive side missions to acquire information on your target, assassinations were actually the core gameplay mechanic aside from the freerunning.

The new ones are just Far Cry set in the Assassins Creed universe. Bounties, forts to conquer, XP systems, leveling up.. all that annoying fucking bullshit to pad their games out to the maximum.
Season passes, greed filled microtransactions and stores, towers, copy paste enviroments and huge swaths of nothingness while traveling.

The most evolved series in all of gaming? What a fucking joke.

You mean devolved into a meaningless copy paste cookie cutter LIIIIIVEEE SERVICE game and lose all of it's soul/character.

Siri

Banned
The first entry's had a soul and a development goal. Aside from a few repetitive side missions to acquire information on your target, assassinations were actually the core gameplay mechanic aside from the freerunning.

The new ones are just Far Cry set in the Assassins Creed universe. Bounties, forts to conquer, XP systems, leveling up.. all that annoying fucking bullshit to pad their games out to the maximum.
Season passes, greed filled microtransactions and stores, towers, copy paste enviroments and huge swaths of nothingness while traveling.

The most evolved series in all of gaming? What a fucking joke.

You mean devolved into a meaningless copy paste cookie cutter LIIIIIVEEE SERVICE game and lose all of it's soul/character.

You asked me why I had hope, so I took the time to explain it. Why are you screaming in my face like a madman. I couldn’t care less what you think about the series.

If you don’t want to hear why a person likes something, then don’t fucking ask in the first place.

I'll still probably buy it day 1, but what they did to Ghost Recon with Brokepoint is giving me serious pause about future UBISOFT titles.

Top Bottom