• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Steins;Gate Sequel Potentially Teased for 2024

kcHia27.png

In an assortment of new developer comments compiled by the Japanese outlet Famitsu, MAGES director Makoto Asada made a few substantial comments.

Firstly, alongside acknowledging the 15th anniversary of the Science Adventure franchise’s second mainline entry, Steins;Gate, a “brand new entry” is planned to be at least announced in 2024. Of course, no further elucidation was provided regarding what this new entry will be, but it’s a major announcement regardless.
Moreover, Asada’s keyword for the new year is “sequel,” which, while not specified, could certainly be related to Steins;Gate when considering the emphasis of that title throughout his message. It is planned to launch in 2024.

Lastly, a significant event conclusively celebrating the 15th anniversary of Steins;Gate is planned for October 2024.
You can view Asada’s various comments from Famitsu below:
“Next year, Steins;Gate, the title that defines our company, will turn fifteen years old. To correspond with this occasion, we have planned a number of projects and titles we hope to be able to present you with this coming year—among them, a long-awaited brand-new entry. We’re preparing a wide range of content for the 15th anniversary of Steins;Gate, and it would make me quite happy to be able to enjoy the celebrations year-round with all of you.”
“My keyword is ‘sequel‘—and we are, in fact, currently putting much work into one such project. I believe it’s going to turn out to be quite the stunning entry indeed, and I’m greatly looking forward to the day of its release. We are currently planning to release this entry in 2024—we hope you’ll look forward to it!”
“We’re planning a big event for October 2024 to mark the conclusion of Steins;Gate’s 15th anniversary year. We’re hoping to put our all into this one!”

cireza

Please port the original VN on Switch already ! We only have Elite and it sucks !

People should give Anonymous;Code a try, it was really good. It feels very different from Steins;Gate though, but that's to be expected with novels anyway.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Please port the original VN on Switch already ! We only have Elite and it sucks !

People should give Anonymous;Code a try, it was really good. It feels very different from Steins;Gate though, but that's to be expected with novels anyway.
Elite I think is fine, especially for folks who haven’t watched the original anime. However, yes, original (well HD version) Steins;Gate VN is still the best.

Btw, you can get it for like $10-15 on sale for iOS iPad version and it’s great there.

Thief1987

Elite I think is fine, especially for folks who haven’t watched the original anime. However, yes, original (well HD version) Steins;Gate VN is still the best.

Btw, you can get it for like $10-15 on sale for iOS iPad version and it’s great there.
There are too many cuts in S;G Elite, I wouldn't recommend it tbh for the first-time playthrough.

StereoVsn

There are too many cuts in S;G Elite, I wouldn't recommend it tbh for the first-time playthrough.
Yeah, it follows more heavily to the anime script. It’s better than nothing though. Not sure how many folks would buy a pure VN now days.

It still would be good to have the option though.

Top Bottom