• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New teaser for Netflix's War Machine, Brad Pitt's satirical war movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teaser

Netflix's next big film project is on its way for a spring debut. Titled War Machine, the film stars Brad Pitt as General Glenn McMahon in a satirical comedy meant to lampoon the War in Afghanistan. He's joined by an all-star cast featuring Tilda Swinton, Atlanta's Keith Stanfield, Anthony Michael Hall, and Topher Grace.

War Machine, directed by Australian director David Michôd, is based on the 2012 bestseller The Operators, which detailed the travels of retired General Stanley McChrystal, who led US and international forces in Afghanistan in the 2000s. It's a big get for Netflix: the streaming company reportedly paid $60 million to Plan B (the studio behind both The OA and Bong Joon-ho's Okja) last year for the distribution rights. It's certainly clear that Netflix is intent on releasing prestige projects that will attract awards attention, and those efforts are sure to ramp up now that Amazon has a Best Picture nomination to its credit. War Machine will land online on May 26th.

The Verge

Edit: title was supposed to say New teaser for Netflix's War Machine, Brad Pitt's $60M satirical war movie

Theorry

3 teasers in the last 3 days.
All were meh tho. Awell probably gonna watch it because i have Netflix lol.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Kind of interested to see what War Machine's costume would look like on a Luke Cage budget.

war+machine+cosplay+fail.png

number11

The way Netflix treats movies is still weird to me. It feels like they release stuff with very little hype and build up. "I don't feel at home in this world anymore" won the grand jury prize at Sundance, yet hardly anyone has heard about it / knows it's on Netflix.

It’s certainly clear that Netflix is intent on releasing prestige projects that will attract awards attention, and those efforts are sure to ramp up now that Amazon has a Best Picture nomination to its credit.

Which one was this?

*Iron Patriot

Seriously though, if someone had told me 5 years ago Netflix would be in the position they're in today, I'd have laughed in their face.

Damn, I didn't know David Michod was directing this. I really dug The Rover and enjoyed Animal Kingdom. And the cast is fucking ace.

This will probably be one of the few Netflix originals I'm actually excited to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom