• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tenchu 4 (Wii) Videos of Spazzing Out and Shaking a Kitty

theultimo

ZealousD said:
shakekitty.gif
Reminds me of the Shogo Kitty Doll :lol :lol

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
hot feline action FTW.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
SamuraiX- said:
And I don't know what the hell they were thinking developing Tenchu 4 for the Wii. The game belongs on actual gaming consoles, not some gimmick machine.

Ugh, there is no place for your ignorance on GAF.

Evilink said:
I really, really want this game to be good...

is it me, or is this "Tenchu" guy less cool in appearance than "Ryu" or "Shinobi?

No. Rikimaru looks more badass than Ryu Hayabusa's pretty boy s&m look.

Does anyone else think the music sounds like 007 in the first video?

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I knew Acquire wouldn't disappoint. Shinobido was awesome and much more fun than the last few Tenchu games. This and Way the Samurai 3 are going to be the return of good Ninja/Samurai games.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
I really liked Tenchu Z for some reason. Make your own ninja and kill stuff. This also looks good. It's a guilty pleasure series of mine.

jrricky

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
And I don't know what the hell they were thinking developing Tenchu 4 for the Wii. The game belongs on actual gaming consoles, not some gimmick machine.
:lol cry moar...where were u when this was announced.

SamuraiX- said:
I'm sorry, but if "it more or less sucked," then this looks to be complete garbage compared to the previous Tenchu games.
I think u should reread what u wrote there.:lol

Stop your whining and go play Tenchu Z:lol

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Linkup said:
Flicking the controller up to move the aim up?

Thought the same. Hope we were simply looking at the wrong "explanation"
That would be a pain in the ass >_<

pakkit

Banned
Toma said:
Thought the same. Hope we were simply looking at the wrong "explanation"
That would be a pain in the ass >_<
Codeveloped by the team that made Fatal Frame 4?

Requesting YouTubes of the video, OP's videos bring my Mac to a crawl.

GrayFoxPL

Nash said:
Is is true that this one by the original developer of Tenchu 1, Acquire?

I really hope so.

Yeah, Tenchu 1 is one of my all time favorite games ever. I love Acquire. I lost interest in the series after they stopped being the developer. I run trailer of this out of bordome one day and WOOT! ACQUIRE?!

Shame it's only for Wii. Still, is you can GET IT PEOPLE!

Fuck the graphics, Acquire delivers the best pure fun gaming experience in the universe.

pakkit

Banned
ZealousD said:
GameTrailers has 'em up.

Many thanks. The twitchy leg assassination was pretty great. Maybe it was just be, but it looked like the upward flicking motion was for flicking the actual shuriken. Still pretty much confirms a lack of IR control though. :\

NEO Frog

Banned
Linkup said:
Flicking the controller up to move the aim up?
I thought the player locked on and then flicked the wiimote to throw the ninja-star. I see nothing wrong with that!

That cat-control is awesome!!!

I'm kind of surprised how many people in this thread consider Tenchu 2 to be a great game. It's plagued with terrible slowdown unless you're playing it on a PS2 with disc speed turned up, and the soundtrack is awfully sparse. I guess it's not a bad game, though.

Anyway, this looks awesome. Welcome back, Tenchu.

Frenck

Banned
It looked like it was on rails :D

Move from glowing particle effect to another by pointing the Wiimote in the direction. That's just lame.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Frenck said:
It looked like it was on rails :D

Move from glowing particle effect to another by pointing the Wiimote in the direction. That's just lame.
It's not on rails. You don't have do rolls into hiding places but it seems like you get some sort of stealth kill bonus for using it. I trust Acquire and their talent so they will not make it mandatory or overused.

Tenbatsu

Japan is getting this like what? October? Dam they really are getting all the good shit, its good to be a Wii owner over there.

Tenbatsu said:
Japan is getting this like what? October? Dam they really are getting all the good shit, its good to be a Wii owner over there.
If this is the good shit, I don't want to know what the bad shit is.

GitarooMan said:
If this is the good shit, I don't want to know what the bad shit is.

I'd partly agree that the Software Wii situation is still pretty bad compared with the other two major consoles, but, my Tenchu I & II lover self, want to tell you something:

STFU!!

Top Bottom