• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New theatrical poster for Jurassic World (new trailer on Monday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really complain about this poster. I think the text logo would look better, but the logo they used doesn't look so out of place this time.

Love the setting, and the kid on the lower left is a great touch. This would make a damn good cardboard cutout display. Hell, I guess the first one would as well.

I'm still pretty sure we will get the aviary as the third poster, though it would be weird having only one poster with a cast member.

Jawmuncher

I gotta say I'm very excited for this movie. But man these posters suck if you ask me. Neither would do anything to get me into the theater or be hung up on my wall. Hope the final one is intereting. Expecting raptors.

The Mosasurus better have a real scene and not just the feeding because they're pushing that animal hard for some reason.

Can't unsee the CGI and I hate complaining about this stuff. I really hope the movie is good, but the dinosaurs aren't looking real to me in these posters.

ThisOne

The second poster looks like graphics straight out of Polar Express. Like, is that kid at the bottom supposed to be a real person?

Ominym

Banned
I love the concept of the first poster even with the weird sizing of the dinosaur. Or the angle, depending on the sketch someone posted in here (great job, by the way). Either way, still hyped.

The second poster looks like graphics straight out of Polar Express. Like, is that kid at the bottom supposed to be a real person?

Pretty sure the second poster is all art, I mean yes, it's built from 3D assets, but it's not trying to look photo real like the first one. It's a bit stylized.

Calcium

Banned
The second poster is much better than the first. The Mosasaur looks awesome, can't wait to see it in IMAX. I feel like the whole "Park is open" thing should have been the running theme for the posters. There just isn't much going for the poster of Bryce staring at the I-Rex snout.

Hope they do some more water based scenes, although I'd be afraid they'd do too many "homages" to Jaws, but it's one area the franchise hasn't explored enough yet.

injurai

Banned
This is what I see, to be honest.

gKlTzvb.png

but more jarring, with two cameras with different lenses

I didn't even notice the perspective problem at first. Now I can't unsee it.

Toothless

I really think that second poster is beautiful. A cool concept executed to perfection. Probably my favorite poster I've seen this year.

Boem

I'd totally have that Mosasaur poster on my wall if this movie came out when I was a kid. Cool beans. Not too hopeful about this movie being what I want it to be, but eh, I'll watch it. The first one was something very special for me way back then.

Holy shit. I love it. There's just something giddily traditional about that; it's something I would expect from Spielberg or Lucas. Yeah I know not everyone is down with that but whatever. I guess it's just in my blood to enjoy these things as it's like what I grew up enjoying.

Calcium

Banned
The whole Raptor Squad thing is such a risky idea. It'll either work and be completely badass and fun or be goofy as hell. My mindset currently is in the "That looks like fun" camp, so I dig that poster.

Jawmuncher

Called it. I knew we would get Raptors. I'll probably end up getting this poster framed.
Wait some places are getting the movie on the 10th? Thought it was everywhere the 12th?

Am I the only one who thinks the last poster looks like a mess?

I'm not a fan, either. But then that's mostly because this teaming up with raptors business is one of the aspects I am most skeptical about.

Aside from that, yeah, the motion blur makes it harder to look at, if that makes sense, and the logo looks out of place.

I like the first and second ones way more.

strafer

are we really doing this? making fun of movies?

I thought I knew you GAF.

You just threw us all in the meatgrinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom