• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New to PC. Recommend some good horror games on Steam.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I will give gold to anyone thay can give me the closest recommendation to the Condemned series. I'm still looking for something similar.

Cryostasis (2008), but it's no longer on Steam.

That said, you can get it for free here:

You could also try Manhunt and Manhunt 2.

near

Gold Member
I haven't played these, but they've been recommended to me before. Both are set in the 80s, one in Taiwan, the other Japan. Have a look and see if they tickle your fancy:

Hollow Cocoon - from a small indie Japanese development team:

Hollow Cocoon is a first-person horror adventure game set in 1980s Japan. Immerse yourself in meticulously recreated environments as you venture into the depths of unspeakable horrors that await you.

Devotion - this one is not on Steam any more, it was removed due to a censorship issue. You can buy it DRM-free directly off the devs website:

Devotion is a first-person atmospheric horror game depicting the life of a family shadowed by religious belief. Explore a 1980s Taiwan apartment complex lost in time gradually shift into a hellish nightmare. Delve into the vows each member of the family has made, and witness their devotion.

Top Bottom