• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New U.S. Promotions for PSP this June(3 free games)

Just saw this posted on the blog:

Hi everyone! Today is an exciting day for both the PSP-3000 and PSPgo systems. Starting today, June 1, we’re now offering some new initiatives that offer HUGE value for you across the PSP platform.

First, we’re excited to introduce a new $9.99 “Favorites” software line. Featuring a healthy variety of your favorite titles, this new value line will reconnect you with some of your old favorites or introduce you to titles you haven’t played before. Initial Favorites games will include:

* Ape Escape: On the Loose
* Buzz! Master Quiz
* Hot Shots Golf Open Tee
* LocoRoco 2
* Patapon 2
* PixelJunk Monster Deluxe
* SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo
* Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow
* Twisted Metal: Head On

We’ve also partnered with your favorite game publishers to include titles such as Justice League Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), Manhunt 2 (Rockstar Games), Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection (Crave Entertainment), Silent Hill: Origins (Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.), Sims 2 (Electronic Arts), The Warriors (Rockstar Games) and so many more.

Want to get your hands on some of the best PSP titles of all time? We’re proud to announce the induction of four new games into the PSP “Greatest Hits” collection:

* Gran Turismo
* LittleBigPlanet (PSP system)
* Resistance: Retribution
* Secret Agent Clank

If you don’t own these fantastic titles, be sure to pick them up now for only $19.99!

Wait, the fun doesn’t stop there… If you purchase a PSPgo system from today through March 31, 2011, you will receive an e-mail with a PlayStation Network voucher to download three games absolutely free! With premiere titles such as LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3, the PSPgo “Digital Game Pack” offers you an $80 value while giving you access to a great variety of our biggest games to get you started gaming on-the-go. What better way to get started with an all digital, full-scale, console-quality handheld gaming experience?

If you’re still looking for more, the PSP has got you covered. With a robust lineup of titles to choose from, you can always find the kind of game you’re looking to play. With newly released and upcoming titles such as God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Hot Shots Tennis, Invizimals, KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep, METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER, and ModNation Racers, PSP continues to bring you unparalleled gaming experiences only possible on the PSP platform.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/01/new-promotions-for-psp-this-june/

Spiegel

4660802734_315e3d719c_b.jpg

Have Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear been confirmed for PSN release for Go?

And are the three free Go downloads limited to the three listed games?

Jeels

If birth by sleep isn't going to be on the Go, that three game pack is useless to me. I was hoping we'd get three games with the 3000.

Barrett2

All of those 'favorites' are probably about $2.99 on Ebay right now. The raping of existing PSPGo owners continues unabated.

Edit: Yeah, some of those are actually price increases :lol

Blu_LED said:
So Patapon and Locoroco 2 both went up in price from $7 to $10?

Haha yeah I was just thinking this. Also wtf Sony give all owners the 3 free games pack, we all bought the system and supported you!

Cornbread78

This just might be enough....
to convince my wife to let me get one!

Resistance and LBP for $20 is a bargain! Oh please be mine!

kenta

Has no PEINS
Just FYI to everyone who was waiting like I was: Patapon 2 is now available on UMD for this $9.99 price point

kenta

Has no PEINS
krae_man said:
That's a download voucher(at least in North America).
No, that's my point. I live in California but I walked into GameStop and bought a UMD copy of Patapon 2

I waited to buy the game until I could get a normal UMD copy of it and now I have one

krae_man

TSAGoodness said:
Haha yeah I was just thinking this. Also wtf Sony give all owners the 3 free games pack, we all bought the system and supported you!

Making it retoractive would cost Sony too much money. After all there are tens of PSP Go Early adpoters out there.

DMeisterJ

Banned
SCEA FAIL.

Why did you not do this at launch? Why do we get three while SCEE gets 10? Why give us two games from this year, and one old ass game?

DMeisterJ said:
SCEA FAIL.

Why did you not do this at launch? Why do we get three while SCEE gets 10? Why give us two games from this year, and one old ass game?
Ratchet sticks out so bad from those three... Why couldn't they just throw in Modnation? At least then it wouldn't look as retarded since it just came out and all...

So does this mean they will begin to release new PSN legacy titles?

I mean, very few of my favorites are missing, but Dissidia and Crisis Core not being there kinda burns the soul.

Pai Pai Master said:
Resistance and LBP bought. Been waiting.
Same here. The portable version of the LBP was just kind of too expensive after getting the Playstation 3 version already.

But Gran Turismo I may look into now. If they had a career mode, day 1 purchase, but after hearing that things that have more or less "made" Gran Turismo were missing, it had kind of deflated my interest all together.

krae_man

USD said:
Holy shit, Europe gets 10 free games with the PSPgo? Do you get to choose?

nope:

Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Gran Turismo
LittleBigPlanet
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
Need for Speed SHIFT
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice
2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
WipEout Pure

Cowie

Now I'm worried that I need to buy patapon 2 and loco roco 2 before they get a price raise on psn ;x

Cowie said:
Now I'm worried that I need to buy patapon 2 and loco roco 2 before they get a price raise on psn ;x
They're still $8 when I checked a few minutes ago so go at it. Luckily I bought Patapon 2 recently but I might just go ahead and got Loco Roco 2.

BJK

Jeels said:
If birth by sleep isn't going to be on the Go, that three game pack is useless to me. I was hoping we'd get three games with the 3000.

I plan on buying a PSP later this year (Valkyria Chroicles 2 = system seller), but as much as I like the design / aesthetics of the PSP Go over the 3000....I can't buy a version of the handheld that may not allow me to play the games I'd want to have the handheld for.
Is there an updated list of PSP games that aren't available on the PSP Go?

Also, I assume anyone sufficiently knowledgeable about games to be reading NeoGAF is at least smart enough to wait until after e3 to make hardware purchases. I'm guessing about a 80-90% chance of at least one new PSP bundle being announced during the Sony press conference (possibly even a new color / bundle). Plus, there's always the possibility of a price cut.

depward

LBP on the PSP is awesome. Bought it full price and do not regret it. The online share aspect is as well done as they could do it... and, frankly, there are some really great levels out on the PSP version.

Ponn

Banned
Though I am in the market for a new PSP before KH comes out this bundle is useless to me if its for the GO only. Oh well, hoping for a psp-3000 price drop for E3.

krae_man said:
nope:

Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Gran Turismo
LittleBigPlanet
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
Need for Speed SHIFT
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice
2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
WipEout Pure
Man, fuck. I was genuinely interested in getting a Go when I read about the free 10 games thing. I don't know whats more bitter: NA not getting the deal or the list being pretty damn sweet.

Top Bottom