• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ubi Softs Big title to be revealed soon

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/front_index.php?

Ubisoft is shortly to unveil a new title residing in a "new genre", the publisher has mysteriously revealed.
Revelation on the game appeared in the company's latest financial report - covering results for the twelve month period ending March 31, 2004 - the secretive title detailed as the third offering in a trio new high-potential brands that currently includes Brothers in Arms and Far Cry: Instincts.

Intrigued, we naturally put in a call to Ubisoft's UK offices. Further light failed to be shed on the project, but with it placed alongside Brothers in Arms and Far Cry: Instincts, we could be looking at a first-person action outing. But "new genre"? It implies a twist, but is it just a classic case of publisher hyperbole?

And just to throw further speculation into the mix, the other day we caught up briefly with Crytek, developer of the Ubisoft-published Far Cry on PC, and were informed that we can expect some "juicy gossip" from the studio in the not too distant future.

Could Ubisoft's mystery new title and the cryptic comments from the German development studio be related? Well, we'll have to wait and see.

I dont think its Crytek,its more likely another Montreal project,possibly new franchindise(the project called "Project 0816").
Might be new Ancels title,or Tiwaks or Southends,or whatever,Ubi Soft stands for innovation currently. :D

Slo said:
Explain please.

Well Ubisoft took the name recently, and they were rumors they were making a GTA Clone in Montreal's studio (and they ARE doing something like that). I'm sure the game is what they are talking about.

element

Ubisoft has owned the IP for Loose Cannon for a while now, ever since MS dropped it years back. It was being worked on by Sinister Games a while ago. But I dont think they are even open anymore.

MS should have totally moved it to Xbox and finished it. Way better then Brute Force.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Dr.Guru of Peru said:
OMFG!!
Its UBU!!!!!11

fubu-1%5B1%5D.gif

Littleberu said:
Well Ubisoft took the name recently, and they were rumors they were making a GTA Clone in Montreal's studio (and they ARE doing something like that). I'm sure the game is what they are talking about.

Hmmm... if it's true, I'll check it out next monday.

Then I'll tell you all.

Littleberu said:
You better JACKASS! Please.

Ok, so here it goes.

Yes, Ubi Montreal is workin on a unannounced project. As for what it is... I dunno. Nobody really knows(except the dev team). It's not a really big team at this time. About 10 to 20 people.

Also, Ubi montreal's workin on a PSP project. That is all.

The Bookerman said:
Ok, so here it goes.

Yes, Ubi Montreal is workin on a unannounced project. As for what it is... I dunno. Nobody really knows(except the dev team). It's not a really big team at this time. About 10 to 20 people.

You sure are very helpful! :p

Thanks anyway!! So you're testing games there? How much do you get paid?

Littleberu said:
You sure are very helpful! :p

Thanks anyway!! So you're testing games there? How much do you get paid?

What if I told you that some people at ubi Montreal come to these boards?

Testing games is fun and all, but It's only a steping stone to somethin hopefully better for me.

The Bookerman said:
What if I told you that some people at ubi Montreal come to these boards?

Testing games is fun and all, but It's only a steping stone to somethin hopefully better for me.

Yeah I know what you're talking about. I hope to get myself there someday. Or at EA.

And the fact that some game related people come here doesn't surprise me that much! :p

Ubisoft also has picked up Tork, the prehistoric platformer that MS dropped, and Nightmare Creatures 3...Ancel probably has a new project, and Rayman DS hasn't been unveiled. Not that any of these are the game we are talking about, but just saying...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The Bookerman said:
Ok, so here it goes.

small dev team... could it be southend's new game? :O

Top Bottom