• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ukiyo no Shishi Details/Footage (Choose MC Gender, Equal Fanservice, Air Combos)

Update:

A bunch of new details and gameplay footage have been released for Ukiyo no Shishi.

Story/Character Previews
Battle Footage
Ukiyo-e Features/Character Customization
Opening Movie

Some of the biggest takeaways from the footage is just how customizable your character is. There are loads of different outfits, and you can change the character's gender and skin color too, which is awesome.
Another neat confirmation is that the fanservice stuff (the ukiyo-e style pin-up portraits) are available for both the male and female characters. I'm very happy about that. There also seems to be a plethora of different battle mechanics to utilize, including air combos and some very flash special attacks.

If any Japanese speakers would like to enlighten us with more details they noticed from the videos, please feel free. :)

Now I'm more hyped for this game than ever! I really, really hope someone picks it up for the US.

qoSDsxS.gif

J1NWUYe.gif

---

Original Post:

Spike Chunsoft has posted the OP to the upcoming Way of the Samurai off-shoot, Ukiyo no Shishi for PS3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC32hM_1Qzk

This game is part of duology. The other game, Ukiyo no Roushi, will be released for Vita shortly afterward and focuses on a different protagonist, set in the same world. (The PS3 game will be more traditional action, while the Vita game will have mystery elements incorporated.)

I love the concept of these two games, and I think the ukiyo-e woodblock print inspired features are pretty neat. And a recent print ad for the game suggests that the fanservice in this game may be equally balanced between the genders, so that's awesome. :)

I really hope someone in the US picks these games up. I would love to give them a go. Shishi's OP song is pretty amazing too.

Audioboxer

Spike Chunsoft has posted the OP to the upcoming Way of the Samurai off-shoot, Ukiyo no Shishi for PS3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC32hM_1Qzk

This game is part of duology. The other game, Ukiyo no Roushi, will be released for Vita shortly afterward and focuses on a different protagonist, set in the same world. (The PS3 game will be more traditional action, while the Vita game will have mystery elements incorporated.)

I love the concept of these two games, and I think the ukiyo-e woodblock print inspired features are pretty neat. And a recent print ad for the game suggests that the fanservice in this game may be equally balanced between the genders, so that's awesome. :)

I really hope someone in the US picks these games up. I would love to give them a go. Shishi's OP song is pretty amazing too.

You had me there.

I dreamed to see a Way of the Samurai 5.

Prelude.

Mandatory XSEED pls

Shishi looks good and hopefully we get both but I'm more interested in seeing a proper video of how the murder solving works in Roushi.

Mandatory XSEED pls

Shishi looks good and hopefully we get both but I'm more interested in seeing a proper video of how the murder solving works in Roushi.
I was initially thinking XSEED too, but they didn't do any teasing to it in the latest New Years thing, so I don't know if they have it on their radar.

Spike Chunsoft has worked with all three major niche publishers (XSEED, Aksys & NISA), so it could possibly be any of them. I don't really care who does it, as long as it gets done.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Got no interest in a PS3 game at this point, but I'll check out the PS Vita game if impressions are good.

I found a bunch more videos that I missed and posted them in the OT. The confirm a lot of cool stuff, since as extensive character customization (including gender and skin tone), equal opportunity fanservice and lots of interesting battle mechanics, among other things.

I'm sure a lot more was revealed too, but lots of it was text. If anyone wants to translate, that would be great. :)

(Thanks duckroll for the title change!)

I don't know if there are many fans of this on here, but the this comes out in Japan today. (Jan. 29th)

I'd love to hear some impressions if anyone has them.

Varth

wise.jpg

Anyone tried these games? Kinda like the premise, and I'd like to know if they're playable with minimal japanese knowledge and if there's some guide comparable to the ones for RGG Isshin! (for story comprehension, mostly). I'd really like to explore the "two sides of the story" aspects of the two games, but I can't find any resourse.

clues/impressions?

Top Bottom