• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Unicorn Overlord Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member
ATLUS and Vanillaware have shared a new trailer for their latest tactical RPG entitled Unicorn Overlord. The video presents the game's main mechanics, including field exploration, missions and city reconstruction. In addition, digital pre-orders for Unicorn Overlord are now active.

In the trailer, the knight Josef instructs the game's protagonist, Alain, on what is needed to save the world from the Empire's domination. Alain learns about the vast continent of Fevrith, the challenging quests he will encounter and how to free the cities to their former glory.

Thief1987

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Some new info, detailing some classes, a few new characters, and a little more.
https://www.rpgsite.net/news/15338-...ass-types-leaders-promotions-more-allies-enem
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
The fact they they've announced this for every single console but no PC has me wondering if I should hold off because they plan to try to get folks to double dip down the line. Usually they just release for one system at a time. Hmm...

Danjin44

The fact they they've announced this for every single console but no PC has me wondering if I should hold off because they plan to try to get folks to double dip down the line. Usually they just release for one system at a time. Hmm...
I'm console player only so for me getting this day one is most obvious choice, still they haven't released any of their past games on PC so there is no guarantee they will release Unicorn Overlord on PC.

Vanillaware games always worth getting day one.

Vanillaware, FromSoftware and Monolith Soft are my ALL TIME favourite devs and I have 120% trust in them and will buy their games day one, no question.
I'm with ya for two out of three of those. Not the biggest FS fan tbh. I'd replace them with Nintendo.

Danjin44

Love Vanillaware, how many genres have they tried already? Loved them all
I recently replayed GrimGrimoire and I'm not type of person who enjoys RTS games but Vanillaware managed to make it fun and working well on consoles.

I also LOVED the familiar designs you can summon in this game. so much so that I want one day Atlus bring them to design some Demons for next SMT games.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm console player only so for me getting this day one is most obvious choice, still they haven't released any of their past games on PC so there is no guarantee they will release Unicorn Overlord on PC.
You're right, good point

Last edited:

Danjin44

The foods looks good as ever but can we talk about this background art....
KesvKqT.jpg

MY GOD, the background so fucking gorgeous!

Fake

I don't usually play with EN VA, but those are decent, unlike Stellar Blade with was terrible IMO.

So, will be funny change VA on fly, but I do main use japanese VA.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I don't usually play with EN VA, but those are decent, unlike Stellar Blade with was terrible IMO.

So, will be funny change VA in fly, but I do main use japanese VA.
For this game‘s setting it makes sense for me to play it in English, meanwhile I played 13 Sentinels in Japanese because its Japanese setting.

Last edited:

blackjon24

Game is looking good, I am swimming in jrpgs right now so I'll probably have something to play right into its release. I love vanillaware but this is the least excited I am for one of their games. I like the battle visuals alot but outside of battles I am not sure if I like the RTS look they've got going.

Also I am still playing their last game 13 sentinels... i got it on release. Great game but might be a bit too long for what it is. I chip away at it every couple months or so because the story is bonkers but ya I still need to finish that.

blackjon24

It’s not RTS, its squad based strategy game similar to Ogre Battle.
if-you-love-strategy-games-youll-love-ogre-battle.large.jpg
ogrebattle64-28.png
I get that but to me it looks rts lol (admittedly I don't play rts). I am a big fan of the tactics ogre games but never played the ogre battle games, I always wondered why ogre battle never received rereleases like tactics ogre

Danjin44

I get that but to me it looks rts lol (admittedly I don't play rts). I am a big fan of the tactics ogre games but never played the ogre battle games, I always wondered why ogre battle never received rereleases like tactics ogre
I’m guessing they thought it was too niche for western audiences? I personally super hyped for this game, it’s SRPG game inspired by Ogre Battle with Vanillaware‘s signature artstyle, its dream game for me.

I also find Vanillaware games very fun, I’m also so not in to RTS games but I strangely really enjoyed GrimGrimoire, I even recently replayed it on harder difficulty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom