• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Valkyrie Profile 2 -Silmeria- -Lenneth- pics (56k beware)

neo2046

wow!! Goob job, Tri-Ace !

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/vp/vp2/index.html
http://www.jeux-france.com/news14331_valkyrie-profile-2-en-images.html

4631520060203_131354_8_big.jpg
4631520060203_131354_9_big.jpg
4631520060203_131353_6_big.jpg
4631520060203_131353_7_big.jpg
4631520060203_131352_3_big.jpg
4631520060203_131352_4_big.jpg
4631520060203_131352_5_big.jpg
4631520060203_131350_0_big.jpg
4631520060203_131351_1_big.jpg
4631520060203_131351_2_big.jpg
4631520060203_131354_10_big.jpg

Valkyrie Profile LENNETH pics here
http://www.jeux-france.com/news14330_valkyrie-profile-lenneth-en-images.html

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I never had the chance to play the first so Ik thrilled that they are making this. Its looking so fucking incredible :D

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
The battle characters are much less detailed but this is still amazing! These last years have made PS2 a hot spot for quality gaming especially RPG's.

On a side not I would be completely satisfied if revolution graphics approached the level of those cut-scene models. Sadly not many teams can do what Square can do graphically.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
araganekyassuru said:
[prine]PS2 is a beast![/prine]
:lol

Good one.

Error2k4 said:

Are you suggesting that the characters in those close-ups are the same detail as the characters in battle? Maybe I need to wait for closer shots of the battle but even from here I can tell that the models are toned down for the fights.

Ok maybe not much less detailed but they look less detailed to me. This assumption is mostly based on the fact that if those close-ups ARE battle characters then this game looks better than 70% of 360 games out right now.

Drek

Those character models are just fucking obscene. Hopefully all the english text in the battle system implies a strong chance for US release.

Bebpo

Banned
PS2 tech + good art = better looking visuals than most next-gen games.

Next-gen tech + good art = :O

I'm looking forward to Tri-Ace's first PS3 game :)

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Ok I'm completely positive that those battle character are lower poly models. All you have to do is look at the fight charcters head and compare it to their avatar to the side. The low detail on the enemy is also a dead give away. Still those close-up models especially the bar scene *wait for it* looks better than Oblivion to me and I have no idea why.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
The more pics I see from this, the more hyped up about it. i need this game as soon as possible! When is the scheduled to be released?

hahahax

Banned
With the high quality texturing intact, a lower polycount in battle doesn't bother me.
I'm more worried about the HUD which looks worse than in VP1.

Duderz

Banned
Abel said:
4631520060203_131352_3_big.jpg

Anyone think the chick with black hair/armor might be Hrist/Early? :D

Hrist wears black armor. Unless they changed her around in this game.

Good catch either way. If it was a silver-haired girl, it'd look more like Lenneth.

Anyway, these shots look beautiful. But I'm wondering why someone is always asking if we'll get the game over here...why wouldn't we?

Ranger X

Nobody getting tired of that trend of "bloom lighting for everything everywhere in the game"? Jeez does that really get into thinking the graphics look better?

Anyway, besides this, it's looking really good imo ;)

Bebpo

Banned
Wyzdom said:
Nobody getting tired of that trend of "bloom lighting for everything everywhere in the game"? Jeez does that really get into thinking the graphics look better?

Anyway, besides this, it's looking really good imo ;)

NO!

I want more bloom lighting. Seriously, bloom lighting when used properly makes everything look gorgeous like this. All the next-gen X360 games seem to have ditched bloom lighting for generic HDR and I don't like it. Bloom is awesome, so good developers better keep using it next-gen.

Bebpo said:
NO!

I want more bloom lighting. Seriously, bloom lighting when used properly makes everything look gorgeous like this. All the next-gen X360 games seem to have ditched bloom lighting for generic HDR and I don't like it. Bloom is awesome, so good developers better keep using it next-gen.

yes bloom lighting rocks when used properly. Now remember, this is PS2 pushing great looking bloom lighting effects. Fantastic stuff!

duckroll

Duderz said:
Hrist wears black armor. Unless they changed her around in this game.

Good catch either way. If it was a silver-haired girl, it'd look more like Lenneth.

Anyway, these shots look beautiful. But I'm wondering why someone is always asking if we'll get the game over here...why wouldn't we?

Erm, that IS black armor with purple sub-coloring, exactly like Hrist's. The white part is the reflection of light because VP2 has CRAZY AWESOME LIGHTING! :D

Duderz

Banned
duckroll said:
Erm, that IS black armor with purple sub-coloring, exactly like Hrist's. The white part is the reflection of light because VP2 has CRAZY AWESOME LIGHTING! :D

It is still a stretch. Her shoulder pads are black, but her chest piece is blue. She's missing a helmet (maybe it's taken off), her shoulder pads have too much gold "finishings", unlike Hrist, her hair is a lot shorter, she's missing that red emblem right over her chest...

I mean, I'd really like to believe it's her, it very well could be (all the things I mentioned can easily be changed), but I'm venturing on the negatory side right now.

trmas

Banned
Totally beautiful. Owns some of the 360 games (the crappy ones). I just wish we didn't have to wait an eternity to play it.

duckroll

Duderz said:
It is still a stretch. Her shoulder pads are black, but her chest piece is blue. She's missing a helmet (maybe it's taken off), her shoulder pads have too much gold "finishings", unlike Hrist, her hair is a lot shorter, she's missing that red emblem right over her chest...

I mean, I'd really like to believe it's her, it very well could be (all the things I mentioned can easily be changed), but I'm venturing on the negatory side right now.

Yeah I agree it's a stretch. But we'll see. So little is known about this game (other that it has a graphics engine powered by the DEPTHS OF SATAN'S LAIR) but the wait is getting more painful by the day! :D

Duderz

Banned
duckroll said:
Yeah I agree it's a stretch. But we'll see. So little is known about this game (other that it has a graphics engine powered by the DEPTHS OF SATAN'S LAIR) but the wait is getting more painful by the day! :D

Indeed. There are times where I wake up thinking, "Man, it'd be nice to see some new VP: Silmeria screens today!"

And the tri-Ace gods have blessed me this day. Huzzah!

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Holy artificial AA Batman!

No, really, this is really what a lucid dream powered by human energy looks like.

I'm all hot and bothered just thinking about it.

Gimme a US date, damnit!

Top Bottom