• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Weight Loss Before/After thread! Pics ahoy!

Asparagus

Down another 20 lbs since my last post in here. Total weight loss is 131 lbs since April 6th.

uWP5mIW.jpg

New face pic:

4S6iZd9.jpg

Starting to get "you're losing too much weight" comments. But I still have a good 20 lbs of body fat to lose.

Awesome progress mate, don't let people put you off reaching your goal.

I'm almost at 40 pounds lost since I started, multiple people at work have started noticing, I'm down two pant sizes, have no really good pictures from when I used to weigh 260 though

Megasoum

Banned
WTF... So I went to Old Navy because I felt like my 2XL gym shorts were getting a bit loose at the waist...

I ended up buying L shorts... I haven't worn anything under XL since probably high-school 15-20 years ago.

rykomatsu

Are you seeing definition anywhere, are you improving in your workout performance?

I'm the same weight I have been for the last 3 months but body composition is altered due to weight training. Definition and vascularity everywhere.

Hoping to get to 220lbs by end of year, currently at 228. After that gonna go get consult for skin surgery I think.

My workout performance has improved...lifting heavier weights for more reps and my running has improved as well. Maybe a little more muscle around the shoulders / upper back but I don't think it's to the extent that it would be negating any fat loss. My body fat % has stayed around the same too (fluctuates with hydration level to an extent).

Again, it's not affecting my motivation, but just curious why I'm plateauing.

I'm 6'7" and this is me last October at about 300lbs(I was as heavy as 320 that summer):

this is me now at 225:

nothing but good ol' fashioned exercise and healthy eating. right now my body fat is about 18% and my goal is to get it down into the 12-14% range. which didn't seem possible a year ago.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm 6'7" and this is me last October at about 300lbs(I was as heavy as 320 that summer):

this is me now at 225:

nothing but good ol' fashioned exercise and healthy eating. right now my body fat is about 18% and my goal is to get it down into the 12-14% range. which didn't seem possible a year ago.

Awesome! You kinda look a bit like Dan Ryckert lol.

On my side I think I finally solved one of my biggest issue! Since day 1 (15months ago or so when I signed up for the gym) my biggest issues always was the food aspect of the whole process.

It took me a couple of weeks to get used to going to the gym and now it's pretty much the norm for me, I never have issues staying motivated to go to the gym 5-6 times a week so that side of things is well covered.

On the food front however, it's always been much more difficult. A mix of a clear lack of motivation on my part with the fact that I kinda hate/suck at cooking meant that I was eating mostly "ok" but often cheating (it's so much simpler to order food after a long day at work instead of cooking something).

After talking with my nutrionist on monday she strongly recommended that I look into companies that sell healthy and ready to serve meals. I heard about those companies before obviously but I could never find one that was close enough to my house and/or offered delivery at decent hours (I don't have a car).

I finally found one that is like 15min walk away from my house (accessible by bus too if needed)... They sell a ton of varied meals for 10-12$ CDN each (which is not that expensive). All their stuff is using extra lean meat, no added preservative, no oils or butter, no dairy products and most of them are even glutten free (not that I care about Glutten but hey why not). You can even order via the website for pick-up the next day.

This is FUCKING AMAZING! I bought 6 meals today to try them out and I'll go back this week-end for a full order. They have a ton of varied meals like salmon, buffallo meat chili, chicken, ginger pork, etc.

I basically removed all the food related stress from my life.

The website is in a weird mix of french and english (mostly french) but if you're curious to see the meals you can click on the "Lunch box" at the top.

https://lelunchbox.ca/

I'm so happy right now.

Also, bonus.... I changed job a couple of weeks ago and now I happen to work for an amazing game studio that has a fully stocked smoothie bar that I can use as much as I want every day. So I'm getting free smoothies for my afternoon snack.

Miutsu

Awesome! You kinda look a bit like Dan Ryckert lol.

On my side I think I finally solved one of my biggest issue! Since day 1 (15months ago or so when I signed up for the gym) my biggest issues always was the food aspect of the whole process.

It took me a couple of weeks to get used to going to the gym and now it's pretty much the norm for me, I never have issues staying motivated to go to the gym 5-6 times a week so that side of things is well covered.

On the food front however, it's always been much more difficult. A mix of a clear lack of motivation on my part with the fact that I kinda hate/suck at cooking meant that I was eating mostly "ok" but often cheating (it's so much simpler to order food after a long day at work instead of cooking something).

After talking with my nutrionist on monday she strongly recommended that I look into companies that sell healthy and ready to serve meals. I heard about those companies before obviously but I could never find one that was close enough to my house and/or offered delivery at decent hours (I don't have a car).

I finally found one that is like 15min walk away from my house (accessible by bus too if needed)... They sell a ton of varied meals for 10-12$ CDN each (which is not that expensive). All their stuff is using extra lean meat, no added preservative, no oils or butter, no dairy products and most of them are even glutten free (not that I care about Glutten but hey why not). You can even order via the website for pick-up the next day.

This is FUCKING AMAZING! I bought 6 meals today to try them out and I'll go back this week-end for a full order. They have a ton of varied meals like salmon, buffallo meat chili, chicken, ginger pork, etc.

I basically removed all the food related stress from my life.

The website is in a weird mix of french and english (mostly french) but if you're curious to see the meals you can click on the "Lunch box" at the top.

https://lelunchbox.ca/

I'm so happy right now.

Also, bonus.... I changed job a couple of weeks ago and now I happen to work for an amazing game studio that has a fully stocked smoothie bar that I can use as much as I want every day. So I'm getting free smoothies for my afternoon snack.

Nice! I live in Montreal as well and just like you I don't like cooking after a long day at work, will be checking it out soon :D

Megasoum

Banned
Nice! I live in Montreal as well and just like you I don't like cooking after a long day at work, will be checking it out soon :D

There's a couple of options available but most of them you need to pickup either in Laval or South Shore... They all deliver but only during normal buisness hours which is useless if you have a normal job.

I happen to live near Monk blvd so Lunchbox is only like 10-15min walk away from my house and you can order online for pickup.

Also, their website is not complete shit like many of the other alternative in Montreal lol.

Looking great, AnAnole, Partyphone and Festwill!

So after the 0.6lbs loss last week, I've been especially good this week; ate very little in the way of "wish I didn't eat that" this week, started kickboxing classes on Monday (a lot of fun and a damn sweaty workout) and did the most steps I've probably EVER done in a week at nearly 80,000 (and that's just Monday to Friday). Been rewarded with a 4.6lbs loss this week. Feels damn good!

I'm at 218.8lbs now. Ideally I want to hit at least 196 (14 stone) by the end of the year, but I'm determined to keep this lifestyle going this time around, so if I don't then I'll hit it in the new year.

Megasoum

Banned
Follow up on my pre-cooked meals I was talking about in here the other day. I just came back from The Lunchbox to pick up my order for the week.

From left to right/top to bottom.

-Quebec's pork
-Grilled Chicken
-Meat loaf with hard boiled egg
-Another grilled chicken
-Crab cake
-Another meat load with egg
-Fried shrimps
-Another Québec's pork
-Salmon
-Meatballs
-Mac & Cheese with shrimps

Laekon

Update, have dropped from 213 (initial weightlifting bulk) down to 198.

Lifts going up a bit more slowly, but starting to get some good definition.

Awesome that you are loosing weight and gaining strength at the same time.

Weighed in at 199.8 this morning. Was actually really happy to be under 200 lbs even if its just by a small amount. i still haven't figured out what goal to set next or how to change stuff up to make sure I don't stall.

Megasoum

Banned
Down to 220. There is going to be a serious party when I hit 199.

Yeah man... When the scale ticked at 299.something for the first time a couple of months ago it was such an amazing feeling. Major milestones are great. I'm roughly 10lbs away from having lost 100lbs total and that's my next big step. Can't wait!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
And that's me under 15st, 14st 13lbs. Down from 21st 3lbs (23st at my heaviest).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You the boss St3v3

Thanks man, Christmas is coming soon though! I actually did well last year, I had a couple of naughty days but mostly I was good. Luckily I'm not much of a drinker so I only have a few beers over the holiday which helps keep the calories down.

Laekon

Daily weight fluctuations are still really weird to me. Made a Indianish style stew with green lentils, Japanese sweet potatoes, and greens last week and ate that for a good number of meals. It was filling enough for me to stick with small portions but in weighing myself daily I went back over 200lbs. Didn't use the scale yesterday and today I'm down 1.8lbs from last Monday. I still feel I need to lose a few more pounds before I feel safely under 200.

Still need to find the motivation to work out. Not sure why it's so tough when I know it will make a bigger difference in how I see myself than just losing weight.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have been hungry for about 4 hours now and I don't know why. I'm eating like normal, even more so as I wanted to curb the pain but I just can't shift it. I even drank 2l of water to try and fill myself up!

Laekon

The time change and bout of cold weather at the same time has made me hungry all the time. Just stay smart and don't stress about it.

SeanR1221

Just wanted to share a progress update.

So I started losing weight in February to look better for the summer. That morphed into keep losing weight for my trip to Vegas. I'm leaving for Vegas first thing tomorrow morning, so here are the final results.

From 228 to 191. 9 months of dieting (with two maintenance phases thrown in). What a difference. I look and feel like a totally different person.

I'm not exactly sure where to go after Vegas. We'll see :)

JCX

Visited some friends I haven't seen in a while and they all say they can tell I lost weight, but I honestly can't see it. I've only lost a total maybe 10-15lbs, but I've also focused on weight lifting more than cardio, so maybe it's a busy composition thing.

Fuck me sideways man, my body just does not like to lose weight. I've counted my calories to the gram, I'm working out 3-4x a week, and I have a very physical job... and still no weight loss in the month since I've reignited my weight training.

Feels bad. :( I wanna be slim so the girls like me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I felt like awful shit this week since I overate 3 times and kinda did nothing. I feel better today though since in the grand scheme I'm still down a lot.
Visited some friends I haven't seen in a while and they all say they can tell I lost weight, but I honestly can't see it. I've only lost a total maybe 10-15lbs, but I've also focused on weight lifting more than cardio, so maybe it's a busy composition thing.
10-15 you can def tell. People carry themselves differently and it's most apparent in the face (which is where people notice).
Fuck me sideways man, my body just does not like to lose weight. I've counted my calories to the gram, I'm working out 3-4x a week, and I have a very physical job... and still no weight loss in the month since I've reignited my weight training.
Post your stuff dude. What kind of loss are you targeting? How's your water intake and sleep/stress?

Post your stuff dude. What kind of loss are you targeting? How's your water intake and sleep/stress?
26 M, 215 lbs, 30% body fat. I travel probably 3 miles a day at work (job is at a banquet kitchen at a busy hotel), and I work out 3-4 times a week. Keep caloric intake to <1900 a day, I allow myself a cheat day or two to "reload" each week.

Sleep averages 5-6 hours each night. Water is a little under a gallon a day.

Goal is to lose 30 lbs in six months. What else you wanna know?

SeanR1221

26 M, 215 lbs, 30% body fat. I travel probably 3 miles a day at work (job is at a banquet kitchen at a busy hotel), and I work out 3-4 times a week. Keep caloric intake to <1900 a day, I allow myself a cheat day or two to "reload" each week.

Do you track the cheat days? How many calories are you getting there?

Sometimes cheat days can ruin an entire weeks worth of work.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

How often are you weighing? You did <1900/day for a whole month and didn't lose?

I've had 8 lbs swings in two days before on the scale, and it can be a real pain in the ass to keep tracking and see yourself go up and down 2-3 lbs even with consistent weighting times.
I've also had cases where I'm tracking everyday exactly and not losing despite -5000 calories for the week for 3 weeks. It's really demotivating but you just gotta keep at it.
I've changed my macros for more protein to try to help it out and see if it affects me.

My advice is skip the weekly "cheat day or two" and don't expect it to be easy. Nothing worth doing is.

Week 16: 4.6lbs loss
Week 17: 1.2lbs loss
Week 18: 4.6lbs loss
Total: 60lbs loss (3.3lbs per week average)

The pattern of a big loss one week, much less the next continues, but I am fucking delighted with what I've done.

I'm down to 213lbs, and my target for the end of the year is 196lbs (14 stone). Looking like I'll ace that.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Week 16: 4.6lbs loss
Week 17: 1.2lbs loss
Week 18: 4.6lbs loss
Total: 60lbs loss (3.3lbs per week average)

The pattern of a big loss one week, much less the next continues, but I am fucking delighted with what I've done.

I'm down to 213lbs, and my target for the end of the year is 196lbs (14 stone). Looking like I'll ace that.

We're very similar, I'm at 207lbs now, starting at 297lbs. I'm aiming for 200lbs by my birthday which is in January. At this point I don't need to lose much more weight and honestly I look fine, what I need to do is start toning and building muscle so I've ordered myself a York barbell and I'm going to start doing 5x5 strong lifts.

My diet went out the window today though, overate by a good 400 calories. I'll make it up before next weigh-in though.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
i wish i have an once of will power like you guys here to lose weight.

I failed many times before I succeeded, the only difference was this time I really wanted to change, I wasn't trying to do it for others like the previous times. And shit, it's a daily struggle I won't lie, every day I fight with myself not to overeat, I still love eating large amounts but I 9/10 I stick to my calories. Yesterday I totally shit the bed though, munched through a giant bag of crisps which were 600 calories. But it's so rare I relapse that it doesn't have an impact on my overall progress. It's hard but worth it if you really want it.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
If you don't have any willpower get some discipline instead. Willpower is limited each day.

I failed many times before I succeeded, the only difference was this time I really wanted to change, I wasn't trying to do it for others like the previous times. And shit, it's a daily struggle I won't lie, every day I fight with myself not to overeat, I still love eating large amounts but I 9/10 I stick to my calories. Yesterday I totally shit the bed though, munched through a giant bag of crisps which were 600 calories. But it's so rare I relapse that it doesn't have an impact on my overall progress. It's hard but worth it if you really want it.

just seems impossible to me. I'll start tomorrow and see what happens. I know i will fail eventually.

rykomatsu

i wish i have an once of will power like you guys here to lose weight.

Consider the ketogenic diet - I've gone from food addict / eating all the time due even though I wasn't hungry to no hunger pangs at all. Much easier to control food intake. A lot of times I need to force myself to eat (like right now...)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
just seems impossible to me. I'll start tomorrow and see what happens. I know i will fail eventually.
Starting without knowledge, reasons, reminders, and a structured plan will just lead to failure and a fear of failure so the next time you want to start is even harder.
Just stocking your entire house with lean meats and vegetables makes it nearly impossible to overeat if you can't handle urges.

Do your Day 1 FIRST (Starting is #1), then plan out why you are doing this and what you want.

It's tough but if you really commit yourself it will eventually get easier as you get used to eating healthier. I think the best advice I can give you is to make realistic plans and set realistic goals, don't try and go on some over the top caloric restriction that's going to leave you frustrated and prone to giving up sooner than later.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I started lifting this week and gained 6lbs which I'm not happy about, but apparently it's normal when starting to exercise as your muscles store fluid due to inflammation (I'm super sore). Hopefully I'll see a drop on the scale in 2 - 3 weeks.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I started lifting this week and gained 6lbs which I'm not happy about, but apparently it's normal when starting to exercise as your muscles store fluid due to inflammation (I'm super sore). Hopefully I'll see a drop on the scale in 2 - 3 weeks.

Your first step should really be to stop caring about the number on the scale, especially if you're supposedly trying to build muscle by lifting weights.

Azulsky

Yeah this is normal. Be sure you are drinking enough fluids.

The weight will start moving downward again in short order if you are maintaining a deficit.

Need to start posting in here again. I lost a pretty massive amount of weight a couple of years back through extremely strict diet and exercise, and thanks in large part from participation in and motivation from this thread.

Then I got a new job, moved, found myself a bit unhappy in my new job, and kind of sunk into a major, multi-year funk.

I'm still in much better shape than I was 4-5 years ago, but I need to get back on track. And part of that is talking to other people about getting back on track.

So I'm back to this thread, and will be officially starting back into a new diet and fitness regime tomorrow. I know what to do because I've done it before. I just need to really commit to it like I once did.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Ate half a lemon curd swiss roll, feels bad man, but tasted so fucking good. It's no wonder I used to be obese with such amazing food in the world.

Thanks for he motivation guys.

I'm currently the biggest I've ever been. 230lbs but I'm only 5'7". I have a pretty solid build with a big gut. It's pretty annoying because I have run over 400kms this year (but been pretty slack in the last two months), been swimming and playing cricket and trying to watch what I eat more but I can't seem to lose weight. I'm about a kilo heavier than at he the start of the year....

I have a black tie dinner tonight and so last night tried on my dinner suit, it only just fits and it's not going to be a comfortable night and I'm going to have to avoid the photos. I was invited to another black tie dinner earlier in the year but made up an excuse because I was worried about it fitting into my suit. I'm currently slightly lighter than the middle of the year so it probably was a good idea to not go then.

I hate lifting weights but I don't mind running (during the peak times this year I was running 20km a week) and swimming. Although I find exercise hard after working long hours (I'm probably in the office 50hrs a week easy).

What are some good resources for healthy low carb dinner recipes? I like cooking but need to start cooking more healthy food. Generally I skip breakfast, eat sandwiches for lunc and have rice and curry/ stir fry or pasta for tea.

Some good work in here guys.

Just a heads up, weight loss is easy imho. Weight maintenance is insanely difficult. I have legit panic attacks sometime because I wasn't mentally prepared.

Top Bottom