• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New WII U Indie Game Trailers

Not sure whether I should be, but I'm getting a serious Psychonauts vibe from Stick it to the man, which can only be a good thing.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Not sure whether I should be, but I'm getting a serious Psychonauts vibe from Stick it to the man, which can only be a good thing.

There are some similarities for sure, but Stick it is more about dialogue and solving puzzles, less about platforming. So from of a gameplay point of view, it's closer to a traditional point-and-click adventure, with some platforming added.

VanWinkle

I was about to get Stick it to the Man a while back and several people told me it wasn't very good. I was really disappointed. I thought you guys should know.

Noogy

Glad to see Teslagrad in there. That's a great PC game that hasn't received enough exposure, and I hope it finds a new audience.

Exile20

Ohhh! Oh. I know that one, I just saw it the other day. Hold on a sec, lemme find a link to refresh my memory--

Ballpoint Universe.

cover_large.jpg

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._the_north_american_wii_u_eshop_on_march_18th

Looks awesome, video at the link. As of 2/14 it was actually coming out in NA...tomorrow!

WHAT?!?!?! this is out tomorrow?

Edit: Oh, was coming out. Ignore me.

jholmes

There are some similarities for sure, but Stick it is more about dialogue and solving puzzles, less about platforming. So from of a gameplay point of view, it's closer to a traditional point-and-click adventure, with some platforming added.

Oh good, you sold me on the game. I thought it looked great but everyone seems to compare it to Psychonauts, which I thought was about the most obnoxious, grating thing I've played. (Unpopular opinion, I'm well aware.)

Nihilumbra is pretty good; it's one of the best iPhone games I've ever played. I don't know how much will it cost on the eShop, but if the price is right you guys should really check it out.

Glass Joe

We really don't know. I haven't seen the press release for NA yet, it still could come out tomorrow.

It's late April now. Found on the Ballpoint Universe e-Shop page:

Ballpoint Devs said:
The Wii U version of Ballpoint Universe will be released on March 18th!

edit:
Hey guys. We had a few technical issues, so there's been a delay. Look out for the game on the e-Shop in late April!

I think the US is just getting Volleyball NES VC and possibly Pure Chess (I've only seen confirmations of Europe so far for that). I suppose something like Evofish could sneak its way in.

This is great. I'm excited to finally try out some of these indie titles on Wii U and I hope that there are plenty more to come throughout the year.

And a big thanks to the indies developing for Wii U!

Stick it to the Man is a lot of fun. Hopefully it does well on Wii U. I kind of get the impression it... didn't on Steam and Vita. Also Cubemen 2 sounds good, but man that visual style is really putting me off at this point. Might still check it out.

ahm998

All these games make me feel so good ;)

I will get them all day one.

I will make my wii u as main console for Indie & 1st party game.

Vagabundo

I <3 indies. Saviors of the gaddamn universe.

As soon as the summer hits and I've a bit more time I think I'll be gorging myself on some delicious Wii U indies.

These all look pretty good. I'm glad that indies are supporting the Wii U. They're bringing some really interesting stuff to the eShop.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
The lack of Unity game announcements is sort of perplexing...

What do you mean, exactly? Games using Unity, or developers specifically announcing they're using Unity for their games? Because at least one of those games is in fact using Unity (Stick it to the Man).

What do you mean, exactly? Games using Unity, or developers specifically announcing they're using Unity for their games? Because at least one of those games is in fact using Unity (Stick it to the Man).
I mean more developers announcing Wii U ports of their Unity-based games.

When porting becomes a viable thing to do at 5000 units. I figured we'd see more game announcements.

Top Bottom