• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York Comic Con 2012 lOTl Cosplayers, Video games, Comics, and Panels oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rCIZZLE

So I got my Saturday and Sunday passes in the mail but only ordered Friday late last week so I'll have to pick it up there.

What should I do to prepare for this? How early should I get there? How long will it take to get the pass then get in?

Pass is pretty quick to get the past couple of years since they started mailing them out. The time consumer is the line getting if you plan on being in panels/on the show floor the first hour or two after opening. In that case you'll want to line up 8-9. After around 1130-12 though you can pretty much walk right in.

BiggNife

Pass is pretty quick to get the past couple of years since they started mailing them out. The time consumer is the line getting if you plan on being in panels/on the show floor the first hour or two after opening. In that case you'll want to line up 8-9. After around 1130-12 though you can pretty much walk right in.

The lines have a TON of people but go by pretty quickly since all they're doing is A) checking to see if you have a badge if you're in the ticket line or B) scanning the barcode on your receipt in the non-ticket line. IIRC last time I got there 9:45/10-ish and I got in around 10:30.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
So how many people would be actually down for a meetup? I'd say drinks and/or a bite to eat after the con (on either Fri or Sat) would be an ideal thing for a meetup. Though I'm not hugely familiar with that part of Manhattan being a 'b&t' person :p

If not, there's always the Amano panel, I'll be going there. Planning on wearing a Tiesto shirt one day and a shirt with Hatsune Miku on it another day.

Penguin

So how many people would be actually down for a meetup? I'd say drinks and/or a bite to eat after the con (on either Fri or Sat) would be an ideal thing for a meetup. Though I'm not hugely familiar with that part of Manhattan being a 'b&t' person :p

If not, there's always the Amano panel, I'll be going there. Planning on wearing a Tiesto shirt one day and a shirt with Hatsune Miku on it another day.

I'd be interested in Sat night since don't have to wake up early on Sunday to attend.

yencid

going from tomorrow till sunday. Already have my day off tomorrow and everything. and i have a lot of friends going as well. I expect a lot of pictures this year from you guys.

I don't know if i should be asking this here but whatever.

Anyone know any scalper locations? I went down there today to get tickets from the guys i usually get it from for 2 years now but i didn't see them. Going to try again tomorrow.

BiggNife

I don't know if i should be asking this here but whatever.

Anyone know any scalper locations? I went down there today to get tickets from the guys i usually get it from for 2 years now but i didn't see them. Going to try again tomorrow.
If you go to the center near the end of the show each day (7pm), there's always some people right outside the center selling their 4/3 day passes. Never bought any from them myself because I don't really trust scalpers personally, but they're always there.

If you go to the center near the end of the show each day (7pm), there's always some people right outside the center selling their 4/3 day passes. Never bought any from them myself because I don't really trust scalpers personally, but they're always there.

The guys i get it from are usually a few blocks from the javits center. Near the McDonalds. I don't know, maby because today is for the press. Tomorrow it's open to everyone so i think i'll see them. I hope!

I always get a good deal. I paid $45 for a 4 day pass last year.

m0dus and I are in. Friday or Sat is fine. I've been asking about this forever it feels like but everyone always seems to ignore it until the day of somehow. :p There's that Beer place someone mentioned near the convention center.

djtiesto

m0dus and I are in. Friday or Sat is fine. I've been asking about this forever it feels like but everyone always seems to ignore it until the day of somehow. :p There's that Beer place someone mentioned near the convention center.

The beer place sounds awesome to me... possibly on Sat night? Anyone else?

Jhoan

You guys mean Beer Authority on 40th 8th. Sounds good; Friday would be good. On shift; Bronies are lining up. I have a faux hawk, wearing black sneakers. Standing on front of the info booth. Come at me bros.

Edit: Standing at the Ben Folds 5 qeue now. It's getting big.

Jhoan

Live at the Ben Folds 5 concert. Very front of the stage taking mobile pics and shooting the breeze with some coworkers.

rCIZZLE

Pretty productive couple hours. Got a lot of $1 recent back issues I needed (they even had uncanny avengers), Ono signature on my ssf4 book, ticket for the Chuck Palahniuk signing Saturday and a couple exclusives I wanted. Only downside is seeing the assholes who hoard exclusives just to turn a profit. Really takes away from the experience and point of cons.

MG310

Yup...saw a guy buying a case of each Mattel exclusive plus guys circling back in the Ono line because "free stuff is all ebay profit"

Grabbed a Zuul figure and sketches/sketchbooks from Paolo Rivera and Daniel HDR today. Plus they had an awesome SfxT poster for the Ono signing and there were Okami HD posters that someone left on the floor that the mob tore into.

djtiesto

Beer Authority on 40th and 8th for Fri sounds good... what's a good time for everyone?

DTJAAAAM

Only got to spend about an hour at the show since my shuttle took longer than planned, but I did get some cosplay shots in, so I'm happy. I'll be sure to post links when all is said and done.

Kisaya

I hope nobody is lining up right now for tomorrow.

:lol

I'm literally about to leave soon to line up.
Unless I crash and fall asleep. If so then I'll be there at 3am.

Z1vT4.jpg

Got my pass earlier today. Won't be going on Saturday. Wish me luck you guys!! I'm dying to get that Amano tix

yencid

you're lining up for autographs or just for getting in? Cus if its just to get in i've never had to line up early.

djtiesto

Extremely jealous that you have enough energy to stay and camp out for those Amano tix... I'm beat after an especially trying week at work, there's no way I'm getting out from Suffolk to NYC any earlier than noon tomorrow :p

Kisaya

Extremely jealous that you have enough energy to stay and camp out for those Amano tix... I'm beat after an especially trying week at work, there's no way I'm getting out from Suffolk to NYC any earlier than noon tomorrow :p

I haven't had any sleep all day so I have no idea how I'm gonna fucking do this. #dead #RIPme

let me know the scene when you get there. I'll be there around 5 if I can get enough sleep.

Sure thing ;P

Mirimar

I haven't had any sleep all day so I have no idea how I'm gonna fucking do this. #dead #RIPme

Sure thing ;P

Oh jeez, I was told it'd be fine to get there around 6 since the doors don't even open until 7am to get inside. It'll be a bum rush to form the line at 1C anyway.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm literally about to leave soon to line up.
Unless I crash and fall asleep. If so then I'll be there at 3am.

Got my pass earlier today. Won't be going on Saturday. Wish me luck you guys!! I'm dying to get that Amano tix

damn you must be the most specific demographic ever on GAF. Female, and I presume Muslim AND a gamer? Impressive. I think you're in a class of one, unless I'm missing some other GAFer?

Anyway, have fun Kisaya. I hope I can get Amano's autograph, we're leaving at 6:00am in the morning now to get up to the city. I hope I make it... but I doubt it >_<

Going Saturday and Sunday. Trying to adjust my sleep schedule so I can wake up, but that's not so easy when you've been consistently going to bed at 5 AM for over a year. Either way, can't wait.

the chris

Got my copy of Uncanny X-force #1 and Uncanny Avengers #1 signed by Rick Remender, really cool guy. I also got a copy of G-Man #1 signed by Chris Giarrusso for $1 and a Battlepug print signed by Mike Norton. I only had a professional registration for today but I think I took in everything I wanted to see and do though.

Kisaya

Oh jeez, I was told it'd be fine to get there around 6 since the doors don't even open until 7am to get inside. It'll be a bum rush to form the line at 1C anyway.

I can't tell you cause I literally have no experience doing this. They told me though that people stay overnight when it comes to this stuff so I'm coming early just in case.

damn you must be the most specific demographic ever on GAF. Female, and I presume Muslim AND a gamer? Impressive. I think you're in a class of one, unless I'm missing some other GAFer?

Anyway, have fun Kisaya. I hope I can get Amano's autograph, we're leaving at 6:00am in the morning now to get up to the city. I hope I make it... but I doubt it >_<

Haha... yeah I think there's another scarf head in here but I forgot who. And fuck it, I'm gonna head there around 3am. Need a lil nap right now ;_; Good luck to you too though!!

Jhoan

It's been a hell of a busy/fun day for me. Had a massive nostalgia trip catching up with people. But nonetheless, it was a very chill day. While it's normally not my cup tea, being at the very front of the Ben Folds Five concert with them performing right behind us was pretty surreal. :D

Several select cell phone pictures from Day 1's festivities and activities:

Gonna have to pose for a picture in front of it on Saturday after we kick attendants off the Show Floor:
itvQl.jpg

Fantastic pop culture paintings:
Q1BdE.jpg

MW0Te.jpg

Commander Shepard decked out in full gear talks about her suit:
Qh6qS.jpg

Ben Folds 5 Concert pictures:
KBBJz.jpg

AI61r.jpg

Ovk1B.jpg

2cEQE.jpg

uEA5c.jpg

DorSJ.jpg

I got super nostalgic here. So many memories of the Masquerade Parade from last year (we call it "Masquerade Massacre" whenever we refer to it)
TKzd3.jpg

Here's my mug in Crew mode ready to work:
6rELA.jpg

I heard from many co-workers that attendees are jealous of our badge. Zombies are totally bad ass; it's a perfect fit for us since there's a ton of us. I love it. Also notice the neon orange shirt:
wNHVO.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that I have updated the OP with the latest people going so you guys don't think I'm slacking off. :D
EDIT 2: Penguin, post some impressions as soon as you can.

Kisaya

Overslept but just got here, line isn't long at all. Pretty confident I'll get an Amano ticket :> (unless they're only giving away like... 30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom