• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next DOOM closed alpha test will be from Dec 3 to Dec 6. Invites going out.

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/669563309767696384

The first invites for next week's Closed Alpha are being sent today. Check your inboxes http://doom.com/en-us/alpha/faq

CUrESEYVEAATOlH.png

What is the DOOM® MP Closed Alpha?

TThe DOOM MP Closed Alpha is a series of development-driven tests designed to stress test the game’s dedicated server infrastructure in a real-world end user environment. It is not the Beta (offered with Wolfenstein®: The New Order™ pre-order), a demo, or representative of the final game.

For complete details on the DOOM Beta program go to wolfenstein.com/doom.

When is the DOOM® MP Closed Alpha?

Start: Thursday, December 3, 2015 @ 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 5)

Burst test: Saturday, December 5, 2015 @ 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 5)

End: Sunday, December 6, 2015 @ 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 5)

How do I know if I’m eligible to participate in the DOOM MP Closed Alpha?

Closed Alpha participants will be chosen from the people who have redeemed their DOOM Beta codes included with some physical retail copies of Wolfenstein: The New Order, and to those who pre-purchased or purchased the game digitally through May 26, 2014.

I participated in the first Closed Alpha. Does this mean I’m eligible to participate in a later Closed Alpha test?

Yes. You can download and install the next closed Alpha test from your games library, when it’s available.

Can I divulge any information about my closed Alpha experience on the internet or on social media?

All participants will be required to agree to a legally binding non-disclosure agreement (NDA), which expressly prohibits posting or sharing comments and/or content from the Closed Alpha. The Closed Alpha builds will contain watermarks that identify each participant. Those who violate the NDA will be banned from all future tests, including the Beta, and may be subject to further legal action.

Read the rest of the FAQ.

Kriken

I PARTICIPATED IN THE FIRST CLOSED ALPHA. DOES THIS MEAN I’M ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN A LATER CLOSED ALPHA TEST?

Yes. You can download and install the next closed Alpha test from your games library, when it’s available.

Okay, that's all I needed to know, thanks for the heads up

As someone who's played it, it feels perfectly ready. I imagine they're just testing their network stuff

That's exactly what is says

TThe DOOM MP Closed Alpha is a series of development-driven tests designed to stress test the game’s dedicated server infrastructure in a real-world end user environment. It is not the Beta (offered with Wolfenstein®: The New Order™ pre-order), a demo, or representative of the final game.

wwm0nkey

Remember to check your junk mail, if you are playing on Steam it should be automatically added under "closed Alpha"

RowdyReverb

I hope I get selected. The last alpha came at the worst possible time for me, so I only got a couple of games in, but it seemed like it had potential

I hope I get selected. The last alpha came at the worst possible time for me, so I only got a couple of games in, but it seemed like it had potential

If you were already in, then you don't need to be selected, you're in again. At least I think this means that

I participated in the first Closed Alpha. Does this mean I’m eligible to participate in a later Closed Alpha test?

or maybe a later one?

MiguelItUp

Nice. Hope they added one or two maps to the Alpha.

From what I've gathered and via the email there isn't a new map, or anything really. It's identical to the one that was previously held. Though I'd like to assume that the beta will definitely show off some new stuff. As much as I wanted PC access, XB1 was better than nothing! It felt pretty damn solid on XB1, I was impressed considering I always prefer mouse and keyboard. I heard it was solid on PS4 as well. However, I heard the PC version had a number of issues that quite a feel people were dealing with. Some couldn't even test the game because they were so severe. Obviously I'm sure it'll all be fine come release. That'd be pretty ironic, DOOM, a game that started on PC and the PC version is all kinds of borked. :\

hey bethesda

remember that time I bought that wolfenstein game

because I don't think you do

They do! That was for the beta, this is for the alpha. You were only able to sign up for it via the DOOM site saying that you were interested. It's completely different content. We need to have a gigantic flashing sign telling people this.

But you couldn't sign up without a code from Wolfenstein: The New Order. It literally required it on their website.
That was the initial plan but then something got fucked up and it was pretty much open to people through the sign up

Unless signups were then filtered from Beta people who knows

What I think the issue was is they were going to have one client for both the alpha and beta, but realized they couldn't just have select users download it (or something like that) so they were forced to make a new client

I looked in my library before the last alpha and the item I got when I redeemed my Wolf code had been renamed "Doom Closed Alpha" but it was not possible to be downloaded, the actual client ended up being different (and also called Main Menu for whatever reason....be it NDA or to differentiate it from the Wolf code item)

Seems like they also renamed it from Main Menu to just DOOM Closed Alpha now too

That was the initial plan but then something got fucked up and it was pretty much open to people through the sign up

Unless signups were then filtered from Beta people who knows

What I think the issue was is they were going to have one client for both the alpha and beta, but realized they couldn't just have select users download it (or something like that) so they were forced to make a new client

I looked in my library before the last alpha and the item I got when I redeemed my Wolf code had been renamed "Doom Closed Alpha" but it was not possible to be downloaded, the actual client ended up being different (and also called Main Menu for whatever reason....be it NDA or to differentiate it from the Wolf code item)

Seems like they also renamed it from Main Menu to just DOOM Closed Alpha now too

Every time I attempted to sign-up through their website it always asked me for the Wolfenstein code.

Every time I attempted to sign-up through their website it always asked me for the Wolfenstein code.
That was their original listing that told people to redeem their Wolf codes (though most people, like me, already redeemed them day 1)

They later changed their mind due to "technical issues" and had a separate signup. The one I got in for was a few hours before the test started

Mike Golf

Literally loaded up my email after seeing this thread title and there it was. So glad, it runs through my birthday and I'll be off work the entire alpha test. It's going to be glorious...

I just got my own invite. I can't wait to play, though I wish it didn't demand that you sign a NDA.

The game's still WIP; they'd really rather you didn't discuss aspects that probably aren't done as if they were done and spread (possible) negativity about the game.

I redeemed my code on PS4 ages ago, in the free section of the PSN store (f2p) the doom closed alpha was there, as was rainbow 6 beta.

There is no last-gen version, no.

To clarify, I have a PC and a Playstation 4. Was just wondering if this beta is just for xb1 right now. Trying to understand why they gave me one for a console I didn't sign up for. Obviously it was most likely just a mistake.

If so, Anyone want to trade there PS4 code for a Xb1 code?

Nerdkiller

Membeur
So if you've already inputted the code, all it does is pop up in your purchase history? Because it seemed strange that it didn't appear when I did the deed.

To clarify, I have a PC and a Playstation 4. Was just wondering if this beta is just for xb1 right now. Trying to understand why they gave me one for a console I didn't sign up for. Obviously it was most likely just a mistake.

If so, Anyone want to trade there PS4 code for a Xb1 code?

The Alpha is on PS4, Xbone and PC.

So if you've already inputted the code, all it does is pop up in your purchase history? Because it seemed strange that it didn't appear when I did the deed.

Yes, it SHOULD be in your purchase history or your library.

epmode

Invites are still going out. At least, they were an hour ago!

I'm kinda surprised that this is limited to the multiplayer mode. Guess I should have read up on the previous alphas.

Top Bottom