• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Gen NBA Street Pics + Info

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/730/730211p1.html

nba-street-2007-20060901013238598.jpg

nba-street-2007-20060901013252722.jpg

nba-street-2007-20060901013303097.jpg

nba-street-2007-20060901013254050.jpg

nba-street-2007-20060901013255113.jpg

EA's on a roll tonight.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Mrbob said:
Look at the detail. Simply amazing.

Must be PS3 shots.

:lol

I hope everyone knows that Bob is just being funny. This is how he does it. I'm here to ruin it for him. :D

Hey it's NBA Street sponsored by Prozac. I wonder if they will ever figure out how to make their faces show some sort of emotion.

If they put the fun back in this version (which they said they will) I'm jumping on this day one for sure. Jordan brand bosses. :)

big_z

the trees look like crap but otherwise it's nice. what's up with the messed up texture on the shot too....

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i like in the second shot how you can kind of see through the players shorts. wait, that sounded wrong. you know what i mean. whats that fancy graphically effect called? it was demod for one of the (then) new graphics cards.... showing light behind a hand and how you could see through the edges of the hand. yeah, that effect. looks neat to see it applied in a game.

sex and titties

Still needs alot of work. First pic, the hand on the ball and the headband look like placeholders. The trees and environments could look a lot better. And the shirtless wonder model doesn't compare to FN 03 in terms of body definition.(forgiving the different physiques of course)

op_ivy

sonycowboy said:
Still needs alot of work. First pic, the hand on the ball and the headband look like placeholders. The trees and environments could look a lot better. And the shirtless wonder model doesn't compare to FN 03 in terms of body definition.(forgiving the different physiques of course)

ITS BASKETBALL

sonycowboy said:

These new EA games (FN3 PS3 and NBA Street Next) look fantastic. They better move fantastically, as well, or everything will go to shit.

mrwilt

op_ivy said:
i like in the second shot how you can kind of see through the players shorts. wait, that sounded wrong. you know what i mean. whats that fancy graphically effect called? it was demod for one of the (then) new graphics cards.... showing light behind a hand and how you could see through the edges of the hand. yeah, that effect. looks neat to see it applied in a game.

sex and titties

sub surface scattering or SSS.

op_ivy

mrwilt said:
sub surface scattering or SSS.

yeah, thats it. good application of it (as long as its not overdone). is that a feature of both consoles videocard?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Nobody's watching the game? No spectators, no people walking by?!?!?

op_ivy

DarienA said:

gaming-age, where we find the dumbest shit to nitpick, regardless of how good your game looks.

op_ivy said:
yeah, thats it. good application of it (as long as its not overdone). is that a feature of both consoles videocard?

I have yet to see subsurface scattering to be overdone...if anything it's something that needs to be looked into more as it's still very infant technology in game use. Basically it takes the concept that light doesn't just reflect and bounce off but is also being absorbed...this is the key to make things skin detail in games even more realistic.

A great example of lighting and subsurface scattering going hand in hand is the PS3 Alfred Molina Spider-man 2 head tech demo, it showed it off brilliantly.

DMczaf

DarienA said:

in EGM they said games will be going on in the background, and there will be crowds all around the court (who will also rush the court if you do a really crazy dunk). Spring 2007!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
op_ivy said:
gaming-age, where we find the dumbest shit to nitpick, regardless of how good your game looks.

I'm just trying to fit in.... if I had said holy shit that looks really good I'd be branded a Sony apologist... I CAN'T WIN WITH YOU GAF!!! I JUST CAN'T WIN!!!!! <sob>

DMc that would be cool as hell if while you were playing a game in the foreground you could see another going on in another court...

Zep

Banned
Gotta nitpick here...There is no damn emotion on their faces, no wonder they look so good. Impressed but it looks like a high-res street 3

TheJollyCorner said:
I'm really hating 'next gen lighting' in some of these sports games...

it's like a nuclear bomb has gone off somewhere in the distance.

Dude have you ever played Street? It has always featured "stylized" lighting.

op_ivy

DarienA said:
I'm just trying to fit in.... if I had said holy shit that looks really good I'd be branded a Sony apologist... I CAN'T WIN WITH YOU GAF!!! I JUST CAN'T WIN!!!!! <sob>

DMc that would be cool as hell if while you were playing a game in the foreground you could see another going on in another court...

actually you're right. first negative thing you've ever said about an EA game!

;)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
DAMN EA has done it again. Give me a nice looking Jordan and it's an automatic buy.

sportzhead said:
Dude have you ever played Street? It has always featured "stylized" lighting.

I edited my original post- not just 'sports' games, but a few next gen games have had this 'apocalypse lighting'.

I don't like it... and I hope it's gone sometime soon after the 1st gen games.

Nutter

Make it more like Street Vol.2 and I am all over this. (And for the love of all human kind, no EA TRAX, More music like Vol.1 please)

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I said WOW! NBA streets is one of my favorite franchises and I was afraid EA may **** it up going into next gen. Well I am glad to say EA owned my bitch ass.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh man... what is up with EA for real... they're supposed to suck, not make games that look this damn good!!! Jeez...

Def Jam III is going to look insane at this rate...

Even EA is schooling Japanese devs (besides Capcom & Team Ninja) in next-gen graphics... games like these really show the gargantuous difference between the East and the West...

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Skilotonn said:
Oh man... what is up with EA for real... they're supposed to suck, not make games that look this damn good!!! Jeez...

Even EA is schooling Japanese devs (besides Capcom & Team Ninja) in next-gen graphics... games like these really show the gargantuous difference between the East and the West...

EA were investing in R&D while some other devs were just chilling making great PS2 games.

But seriously after this great jump by EA, we might not see another one for another 3 years.

BigBoss

Skilotonn said:

You know there are other Japanese devs pumping out great graphics too right? But I guess since they aren't working on the Xbox 360 you don't really care.

Top Bottom