• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next gen NBA Street revealed

Amir0x

Banned
heh. This one seems like online will be a major component - choose a hometown, win victories to put it on 'the map' i bet.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Note too Developers: Start releasing Trailers or Teasers when you actually have something to show. 3/4th of that Trailer was emotional tripe and BS when I just wanted to see how it looked visually. I don't give a shit if your a virtual basketball player from the projects. ARRRRHGGGGGGGG

Foil

For some reason I actually liked Street 1 the best, by far. Also prefered the first announcer and his over the top performance.

the carmelo model should give you some idea of how it should look...and we are not dumb...we know what next gen like visuals are

if they do it right, should be damn good...since we wont see another one for two years

story mode should be just as long as part 3, if they gonna use individual nba players, then get them a team...it took what, 140 victories to finish volume 3

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
jordan0386 said:
the carmelo model should give you some idea of how it should look...and we are not dumb...we know what next gen like visuals are

I also want to see how the animation is. Especially in a game like this that throws around alot of nice breaks and other trick moves. I just hate that most of the Trailer was explaining the typical story.

The Stealth Fox

I actually like Street 3 better because they reduced the decisiveness of gamebreakers. In street 2 if you got gamebreaker level 2.... it's all over. But a lack of signature dunks is a let down in Street 3, but other than that, I thought it to be a worthy game.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
jordan0386 said:

if they do it right, should be damn good...since we wont see another one for two years

story mode should be just as long as part 3, if they gonna use individual nba players, then get them a team...it took what, 140 victories to finish volume 3
That model didn't look anything like Carmello.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Mine! Look world Seattle ballers coming at ya!

That teaser sucked. Seriously. However, from the 1000th of a millisecond of actual footage that I could make out, it looks pretty impressive. I expect to be very impressed, especially when you take into account what EA Canada has achieved on current gen systems. NBA Street:Volume 3 may have been the black sheep of the NBA Street family, but there's no denying how good it looked when it was first released.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Yeah I kinda felt the same as CorruptionDee, it was like 1 second of the actual game. I can understand the whole "this is just a teaser and just a sample of where we are going" but It could of been a NBA live teaser for all I know. Where the **** are the wacky cross overs, the nba jam dunks, and most of all.... Stretch?

for gods sake EA, show me DEF JAM!

Amir0x

Banned
Symytry said:
It does? Could you even see anything from that video? I sure as hell didn't see much of anything at all.

the pic on IGN's page that links to the video shows an very clear shot with an in-game character model, which seems pretty good.

nba-street-2007-20060807051054676.jpg

seems a character model only though, the background just real life

mrklaw

MrArseFace
that background could be ingame. Just some relatively simple textures like PGR, nice prebaked lighting to make it natural looking, then blur it.

Does look nice though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
To me, the best aspect of Street was always the crazy characters, rather than the NBA players (of who I care little).

As long as it plays close to the first one, and I can make a comparable dream team again (Stretch, Yeti Snowman, custom character), I`ll bite. If it`s too much of this melodramatic `I`m a baller from the streets, yo!` bullshit, I`ll pass.

Top Bottom