• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Gen Predicts Top PS3 Titles

raYne

szaromir said:
It's great that NGB will be on PS3. Now we know fo sure that 360 is too weak to run this game.
To run NGB? Your logic is asstounding.

...and that's not a typo.

PhatSaqs

Banned
raYne said:
To run NGB? Your logic is asstounding.

...and that's not a typo.
FeedTroll.jpg

donny2112

Summary for Next-Gen's prediction for PS3 by April 2007 (end of March 2007) for the U.S.:

1.5 million hardware
7.0 million software for the top 20 titles

Anyone have what the top 20 titles had sold on the 360 through March 2006?

Edit:
Total software for the 360 through March 2006 was about 5.5 million.

:lol @ Next-Gen's predictions, now.

szaromir

Banned
BTW was new Splinter Cell even announced for PS3? I don't remember that, but next-gen.biz have it on their list...
edit: Luckyman was faster;p

gofreak said:
Good games don't always sell well (assuming it will be a good game, of course ;)).

But Next-Gen are only counting up to April, and HS prob won't be out til Feb/March, so..those sales wouldn't be too bad at all.

I think Sony will be putting a lot behind it. They haven't spared much expense with its production from what we hear, so I doubt they'll let up when it comes to pushing it and marketing it. I'm sure they see it as a key upcoming new franchise.

They've got Assassain's Creed at 600k and it's not releasing till Q2 2007. The real answer is that Next Gen rides the short bus and this article is no exception.

I assume that this is just NA, even though it's not mentioned anywhere in the article? Christ Next Gen sucks.

Great news about NGB though. More money for Itagaki can only be a good thing. Maybe OPM confused words with syllables? Nin*Ja Gai*Den Black OMGITS5!@#! Speaking of which, Dead Or Alive Extreme 2, OMG.

xaosslug

Unreal Tournament 2007
Publisher: Midway
Developer: Epic Games
Estimated Release Date: Q1 2007
Forecasted Sales: ~400,000

What? Doesn't this game have a HUGE following? Also, I assume it'll be pushed as hard as Gears, if not, harder... These have to be opening week numbers, not whole of '07 totals. Right? lol

next-gen.biz's HS numbers are a joke as well. :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
They've got Assassain's Creed at 600k and it's not releasing till Q2 2007. The real answer is that Next Gen rides the short bus and this article is no exception.

I assume that this is just NA, even though it's not mentioned anywhere in the article? Christ Next Gen sucks.

Great news about NGB though. More money for Itagaki can only be a good thing. Maybe OPM confused words with syllables? Nin*Ja Gai*Den Black OMGITS5!@#! Speaking of which, Dead Or Alive Extreme 2, OMG.

Here I am, still waiting for the first gameplay footage of Assassins and it's already getting all kinds of free plugs.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
xaosslug said:
What? Doesn't this game have a HUGE following? Also, I assume it'll be pushed as hard as Gears, if not, harder... These have to be opening week numbers, not whole of '07 totals. Right? lol

next-gen.biz's HS numbers are a joke as well. :lol

unreal tournament games have sold poorly on consoles in the past, IIRC. It has a large PC following but that's about it. I doubt it'll have anywhere near the penetration as Gears, as mutliplayer-focused games (like UT) have not traditionally reached the same numbers as single-player focused games (like Gears).

And yes, this article is retarded, so what's the point speculating about it anyway?

Top Bottom