• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually hope nothing leaks, lol

I want a big massive blowout that makes up for the last few E3s. I hope the specs are at the high end of our expectations, and the games, while somewhat predictable in what we can expect to be announced, just blow us away visually.

Ditto no leaks, just give an announcement and go godzilla with the reveal content!

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Has this dropped yet?

Arguably the most important detail in the leak is the price of the PlayStation 5, which is put at £449 in the UK, $499 in the US, €449 in Europe, and ¥54,999 in Japan. Pre-orders will allegedly begin as soon as the reveal event in February is over. The specs of the PlayStation 5 will apparently be ‘almost on par’ with the Xbox Series X, which the leak suggests will be $100 (£77) more expensive than Sony’s console. The PlayStation 5 will also be fully backwards compatible with all existing PlayStation 4 games.

Pricing is a bit off, no? Europe and US always have the numbers, but different currency. So I guess they just converted the dollars to euros, but that's not how it works. Hence the whole leak is probably false.

If that reddit post were true, I think I'd buy a 10tf PS5 that launches with GT7 and Demon Souls. Depends on price in my region, but that would be a powerful console and some good launch games. But if MS pull off something more powerful at a similar price, and with better/similar launch games....

We need more physics, destruction, better AI. It is my personal campaign.

It's one of those things (even if its more than a single thing) that some of you will only know you need once it's already here. There is more to next-gen than 4K + higher fps and then more of the same shit we been pkayong since 2010.

But we need to speed up these things being implemented, put more pressure on devs to be more ambitious. If a new engine in a compatible genre doesn't have destruction or advanced physics, we need to call it out, as we should expect more.

MilkyJoe

I don't think "It's time to play" is the real slogan, it sounds more like something Chucky would say before he kills you.

EOx0E0fX4AAsJNp.jpg:large

ZywyPL

Banned
Tbh sounds way to good to be true having a ssd like that. Imagine the price even in a wholesale. unless they really charging 600$

Exactly, people underestimate how much the SSDs alone will elevate the next-gen consoles price (not to mention GDDR6 and other additions and new features). In retail market the price difference between 1TB PCIE4 NVMe SSD vs the usuall 1TB 2.5" HDD is literally 500%, probably the same proportions in wholesale market. But there are still many people believing in 399 just because one console could have slightly smaller GPU than the other...

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned
Has this dropped yet?

Arguably the most important detail in the leak is the price of the PlayStation 5, which is put at £449 in the UK, $499 in the US, €449 in Europe, and ¥54,999 in Japan. Pre-orders will allegedly begin as soon as the reveal event in February is over. The specs of the PlayStation 5 will apparently be ‘almost on par’ with the Xbox Series X, which the leak suggests will be $100 (£77) more expensive than Sony’s console. The PlayStation 5 will also be fully backwards compatible with all existing PlayStation 4 games.

I have a very hard time believing the Series X will be 549 euros here in Europe with similar specs to a 449 euro ps5. It reads like a fanboy fantasy based on the 2013 prices. Back then Microsoft had the Kinect cost which raised the price, i.e. that won't be the case this time.

MilkyJoe

I have a very hard time believing the Series X will be 549 euros here in Europe with similar specs to a 449 euro ps5. It reads like a fanboy fantasy based on the 2013 prices. Back then Microsoft had the Kinect cost which raised the price, i.e. that won't be the case this time.

True, only a fan boy would say 9 and 12 are similar :messenger_grinning_smiling:

sinnergy

According to reports, the new master PCIe 4.0 SSD will reach a speed of 7GB / s, which is very beneficial for the host. Microsoft has confirmed that the Xbox Series X is equipped with a core configuration based on the AMD Zen2 processor and the next-generation GPU. In addition, it will also be equipped with an "ultrafast" NVMe SSD. It has also announced that it will eliminate game loading time.

Grouplink is leading the way in PCIe 4.0 master control. Its E16 master SSD is the only SSD on the market that supports PCIe 4.0 interface. According to previous reports, the PS5018-E18 master will provide a read / write speed of 7GB / s and a maximum read / write speed of 1000k IOPS. In order to achieve this goal, Qunlian has switched from TSMC's 28nm lithography technology to the latest 12nm manufacturing process, controlling the controller power consumption to a maximum of about 3W, and increasing the speed of each memory channel from 800 MT / s to 1200MT. / s, which greatly increases the speed of the controller. This new controller will also support DDR4 / LPDDR4 cache, and will be able to support TLC and QLC NAND, and support NVMe 1.4 protocol.”

tbh sounds way to good to be true having a ssd like that. Imagine the price even in a wholesale. unless they really charging 600$
Normally those 7 GB/s Ssd solutions are enterprise, but as we know MS also wants server blades from series X they could have made a nice deal.

OsirisBlack

Banned
MS is definitely KILLING it, shit just got very real. It’s safe to say MS will have quite a few new titles for Xbox fans to sink their teeth into.

edited to add
It’s 5:07am
Or is it 7:07pm
Who calls some this early that excited about game acquisitions? Fucking seriously.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

MS is definitely KILLING it, shit just got very real. It’s safe to say MS will have quite a few new titles for Xbox fans to sink their teeth into.

edited to add
It's getting harder and harder to get excited by nextgen. AAA games are either MP based or "cinematic stories", and specs aren't as important for indies/AA. I've spent more time playing on my ps3 last month than on my ps4, and had more fun with it (backlog).

edited to add
Who calls some this early that excited about game acquisitions? Fucking seriously.

Will we hear about this development imminently?

Dolodolo

[QUOTE = "OsirisBlack, post: 256630245, member: 416651"]
Прихожу, и я уверен, что MS первый год будет сильнее, чем Sony.
[/ QUOTE]
Will not be
Microsoft will have marketing for some games and that's it
Sony will have annual exclusives
Can you screen this
Just a thought)

Gediminas

Banned
Coming and I’m pretty confident MS first year will be stronger than Sony’s.
the same was with PS4 and xbox. i always said, it is marathon, not a sprint. biggest sales comes way later in the gen.

new titles are stole from sony? or just that the games should have been released on PS4-PS5 and they made it happen to xbox as well?

Dolodolo

Osiris, with all due respect for your work
Have you seen the second part of Horizon
When Microsoft can provide this level, then you can say something with confidence
These are thoughts from the ceiling, Yes)
That's what they do when they don't want confirmation, right?)

Brudda26

Anyone claiming a studio has been bought already we would know. Any large monetary exchange especially if it's a publicly trading company would of been discovered by now. I'm fairly certain at this point certain people on this forum are just saying things people want to hear.

Dolodolo

the same was with PS4 and xbox. i always said, it is marathon, not a sprint. biggest sales comes way later in the gen.

new titles are stole from sony? or just that the games should have been released on PS4-PS5 and they made it happen to xbox as well?
You don't know anything at all about what Sony has made and what their first-party games are going to be
I'll give you some hints especially for you
- Japan Studio(And it's not Ape Escape, though it will be too)
- Bluepoint games
- Housemarque
This is the obvious point

Desodeset

Neo Member
Hello, guys! It's my first post here, but i follow the thread for quite some time.

It's interesting that Osiris Black is talking about a developer, who owns one IP that was third party and it's not from western world or Japan.

Given the fact that Dying Light 2 was delayed, i think that Microsoft has acquired Techland. It must be a private company, because if it was public traded, we would know by now.

Sorry for my english. It's not my native language.

Gediminas

Banned
You don't know anything at all about what Sony has made and what their first-party games are going to be
I'll give you some hints especially for you
- Japan Studio(And it's not Ape Escape, though it will be too)
- Bluepoint games
- Housemarque
This is the obvious point
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom