• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peacewalker was PSP or Vita only, right? I guess I played Guns of the Patriots and then Phantom Pain. Really liked them though...wild ass stories aside. Really I think Guns of the Patriots had the most charm although maybe that was my interest in that camera/boss easter eg. :)

Guns of the Patriots was really good. Phantom Pain could’ve been in the same realm if the story wasn’t half finished and losing momentum after a certain point, but overall still pretty good. Chronologically Phantom Pain is set before the events of Guns of the Patriots, while Peacewalker is set before Ground Zeroes(the prequel story to Phantom Pain), at least from what I remember. Everyone, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, my memory could be a little bit rusty.

Slight edit : Peacewalker was originally a psp title before being released in the hd collection for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Last edited:
That won't work for certain subscription options, if you try to sign 1-month or 3-month options it will ask for billing nonetheless.
Really?? Even if you pay with PS $? I just top my account and then it deducts the amount straight from my balance. TBH I only ever went with the 1 year sub. For $60 you can't get a better deal.

DaGwaphics

Terrible idea to me, either you put some content on the disk to reduce download time to just some patches or scrap the disc and go digital only. It just feels like a scam.

Totally agree. But, since we're currently in the era of day 0 patches larger than what a disk could even hold, anything is possible. The only advantage you'd have over digital is the ability to still buy/sell/trade games a used shops or with friends.

Well I can understand that the term exclusive can be subjective in this industry, and it's really up to everyone, but what I wanted is for @X-Fighter to be consistent:
Either a game being on pc stops it from being exclusive in this case Xbox has 0
OR
being on PC doesn't stop the exclusivity perceived and then Godfall is a playstation exclusive.

But if someone says since it's on PC I don't count it for this console but will count it as exclusive for the other then that is clear bias or at least double standard.

So according to @X-Fighter perception of exclusivity Ps5 has some and XsX none.

That's not a way of thinking I share of course to me PC is separated in this discussion so I can absolutely admit that both Ps5 and XsX have exclusive that will also come on PC.

No bias just I personnal perception of exclusivity even if it paint Xbox in a way better light which is apparently enough to fix it like it fixes everything....
Alright jokes a part I am just consistent if constraint X applies to A it has to apply to B.
I hear you, but I tend to agree more with @X-Fighter
Exclusive to me means you can only play in one place. I have PCs, so if I can play any game coming to Xbox there, then really, there aren't any exclusive games there.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I hear you, but I tend to agree more with @X-Fighter
Exclusive to me means you can only play in one place. I have PCs, so if I can play any game coming to Xbox there, then really, there aren't any exclusive games there.
Sure I understand but in his comparison he wouldn't count godfall as an exclusive for that reason. I'm ok with that but it has to apply to Xbox too.Then it drops their number to 0. Not 9 or 10 as he said.

THE:MILKMAN

Yep and if you think about it, isn't it weird we don't have any production line pics of XSX or PS5 either? Maybe Covid has let these companies SERIOUSLY lock down security.....or there are big issues waiting to be announced.

We did get that PS5 factory image but I'm not too fussed about leaks as such but when both companies seem to be going out of their way not to share details until the last minute you start to wonder why. Both will have plans/prices/marketing etc locked for a while now so why neither seem to have the confidence to pull the trigger I don't get.

DaGwaphics

We did get that PS5 factory image but I'm not too fussed about leaks as such but when both companies seem to be going out of their way not to share details until the last minute you start to wonder why. Both will have plans/prices/marketing etc locked for a while now so why neither seem to have the confidence to pull the trigger I don't get.

It makes me concerned for my wallet more than anything else. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Seems like a case of hiding the price for as long as possible, hoping that maximum hype eliminates any blowback from a higher than expected price.

If mod of war wants to lick my anal fins, that's on him :messenger_grimmacing_

Otn82tk.gif

Sinthor

Gold Member

Well, I was thinking back in March that they would hold onto pricing but because of the virus. They were hoping things would loosen up later in the year and allow increased production. Smaller numbers= higher pricing at least to an extent. The recent news of Sony upping their order and forecasting for the PS5 by a few million units makes me think higher volume, lower pricing. Whether or not there are any spec bumps I think they've both been holding on MOSTLY to try and negotiate more favorable component contracts and pricing. But we are now about out of time. I think they need at least 2-3 months of pre-ordering so I expect to hear the news finally in August. Time will tell!

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
RGT on Machine Learning:

"with this said, I am sure a technology (ML) which is quiet close to how the Xbox handles things is also present in the PS5, not only have I had it hinted to very heavily that the PS5 has some sort of data handling similar to RDNA 2, one of my sources and I'm paraphrasing them when I asked about it "it would makes for the PS5 to have it as well, wouldn't it?"

THE:MILKMAN

Well, I was thinking back in March that they would hold onto pricing but because of the virus. They were hoping things would loosen up later in the year and allow increased production. Smaller numbers= higher pricing at least to an extent. The recent news of Sony upping their order and forecasting for the PS5 by a few million units makes me think higher volume, lower pricing. Whether or not there are any spec bumps I think they've both been holding on MOSTLY to try and negotiate more favorable component contracts and pricing. But we are now about out of time. I think they need at least 2-3 months of pre-ordering so I expect to hear the news finally in August. Time will tell!

I'm fairly convinced (read hopeful!) about ArmGunar's analysis of Sony's financial forecast showing $399 is more than possible for PS5 even being very conservative with the numbers. He will be doing a revision based on Sony's update due next week to account for the digital edition and a few game release changes.

I’ve wanted to get into it twice because I know it must be good (and I actually loved GTA:V) but I just get bored of it and end up playing something else. It feels slow, the controls are janky, there’s bags of input lag on aiming, and the horse riding sucks.
I want my Ghost of Tsushima horse in all other horse games. That thing zips between tree with grace and sprints at the click of a button. You can also whistle him while sprinting away to your next direction and jump on him while on the move.

I’m so glad the Mongols invaded Tsushima more than once...
I thought rdr2 horse riding was great. I got my white Arab the minute I had cold clothes and had the same horse to the very end. Never used a single horse res either. It made my ending really really impactful. Was quite teared up since it was a solid 80 hours with the same horse. Play the game like you are controlling a guy and not a video game character.

But should we be able to just buy one disc that can work with both consoles? Isn’t that cleaner more efficient?
Regarding the user experience, sure. But not design-wise, and how the cover will look in my collection. To me, it's cleaner with a cover that says PS5 only, with new colors and design compared to the old PS4 games, without any legacy stuff on it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
From Bedrooms to Billions: The PlayStation Revolution - Documentary Coming in September...

You know what? Watching this really hit me. Sony is right back where they were at the dawn of the playstation. With Nintendo just doing their own thing while Sony made gaming on playstation 'cool'. We are now at a similar junction where Nintendo is once again pretty much irrelevant when it comes to AAA games and in the next gen console space, while Sony is out there making massive critically acclaimed blockbusters left and right. And with Microsoft pretty much out of the picture when it comes to AAA next gen games for the next 3 years, I think Sony is set to have a PS2 like generation. Only this time, they wont be relying on MGS2, GTA3 and FFX, they will be making their own exclusives which will put MS in a very tight spot.

I dont really like monopolies since I think they hurt consumers and in this case gamers, but I think Sony deserves the success. After a slow start to the gen, they have done a remarkable job closing the gen, and are set to have an insane start to the gen. I wouldnt be surprised if Sony puts up PS2 numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom