• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyliethicc

I am not a big believer of exclusive games sell consoles to the masses. Maybe on Gaf, but we tend to forget a majority of the game playing world doesn't have a job yet.

I would argue it's more about convenience than exclusive games.
People buy the Switch for exclusive games.

Bzpk20L.jpg

devilNprada

People buy the Switch for exclusive games.

That's sales and there is no argument here Nintendo doesn't make and sell a lot of great games, but compare the switch owners playing any one of those games to the switch owners playing Fortnite... Did any one of those games effectively sell the console itself?
I understand your argument i just think it's a fallacy to imply those sales effected the initial purchase of the device..

kyliethicc

That's sales and there is no argument here Nintendo doesn't make and sell a lot of great games, but compare the switch owners playing any one of those games to the switch owners playing Fortnite... Did any one of those games effectively sell the console itself?
I understand your argument i just think it's a fallacy to imply those sales effected the initial purchase of the device..
Basic fact is people buy game consoles for games.

Question is do they buy consoles for exclusives or just games in general?

For the Switch, all of the best selling games are exclusive. There is no 3rd party game on Switch that comes close.
Many people have bought a Switch just for Animal Crossing alone.

So that seems quite obvious. Less so for PS4.

That's nasty. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Today was hilarious with all the fail FUD and banter. Gotta sleep though, now it's 3:22am here, 16th of September, but to me it's still tomorrow for the showcase (12am, 17th of Sep.). Good night, guys.

4f3q1a.jpg

Good night brother! Go dream up a couple of PS5s while you're at it, because I've decided to hold off a few months to see if there are any major hardware issues with that 2.23 Ghz GPU running so high, and the exotic liquid-metal Sony may be using to keep it cool. You don't want that generated heat to compromise the liquid-metal compartment.

Okay.

Ready for Sony to bring some positive stuff, really. Family and I went for a second show and talked, realtor felt we should stand firm as we had best offer by a mile. So we did..

Didn't even make it home before he called and some asshat offered top dollar despite all the issues, so we lose.

devilNprada

For the Switch, all of the best selling games are exclusive

Agree because they are some of the best games on the switch. You're discounting FTP's. i can't prove it, but i would bet Fortnite is the most played game on the switch.

You do have a point, pretty sure some people did buy the switch just for Animal crossing... but i would argue even if animal crossing came out on the PS4 they would have still bought it for the switch for convenience.. I could have gotten dragons quest builders 2 much cheaper on the PS4, but oh to lay in bed and play is so much nicer...

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Just got my 85" X900H last week with a Denon AVR-X2700H receiver, just waiting on that sweet ass PS5 to hit the streets now!

Can I please have your name, address, zip code, house alarm security code, a mask, voice changer coded to sound like you, some of your clothes, your bank account information, and anything else you might think I'd find useful?

Neo Blaster

The odds are that depending what you’re looking for, some or a bunch of it will. There’s at least a 50/50 chance that we will not be able to pre order right after the show. If someone wants to be able to, there is half of the chance possibility that they will be disappointed.
To manage expectations, I just want a stunning Miles Morales gameplay with release on console launch, anything more is icing on the cake. There's no way I can get disappointed at that, can I?

wellgamer789

Neo Member
This is fake man.

The only reliable insiders we listen to here are Tidux, Jace, Foxygamesuk and Robert Serrano.
I am not an "insider" or "leaker", in this case I am the one who sought the information, they are products from the store, remember that "leak" on the contents of the PS5 box? It came from me, I even posted it on my twitter account, it wasn't even two hours later, someone took the image and cut it with a bad quality, luckily I had saved a good quality screenshot before, saved the page in the archive.fo too
Look:

But none of this makes me a "leaker", I'm just taking something that is available for everyone to access, something that nobody has seen before and that can be new? It may be true or it may be false.

:)

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
I think one thing has to be mentioned.
Sony is the market leader and therefore wants to appeal to everyone.
They want parents to buy a PS5 for their kids. Or show parents who want a PS5 that this a good investment because it also has a lot of kid friendly games.

So do expect to see "kids" games. Expect to see games that are a bit "out there". Games with mass a niche appeal. Its not gonna be 40 minutes of GoW, HZD, Silent Hill, Spiderman, GT7 and so on. Not every game shown will appeal to YOU. In fact there might only be one or two games that will appeal to YOU in particular. Out of maybe 15 games. Remember that.

You are not the only video game playing human on earth and your taste is NOT universal. Sony will try to appeal to as many folks as possible and with launch line ups being rather small, that means only very few games will cater to ones specific taste.

Also do not forget that most games are about 3 months or more behind schedule because of Covid. So even if there were rumors about certain games it does not mean they are ready for a showing just yet. Showing of a vertical slice like the E3 presentation of HZD or GoW takes weeks (!!!) of work. If you have to decide between working on that vertical slice or getting the game out earlier and make money it will always be getting the game out. So maybe they cant show good gameplay of games they intended to show and it will just be some pre render or logo reveal or dev interview. Its probably what happened to some of the stuff from the xbox showing.

I can not stress enough how important it is to accept these things so I wont have to read about "how fucking disappointing" it was. Its only a disappointment if you set yourself up for it.

Despite a lot of rumors I still only expect Spiderman as AAA on release, plus maybe some AA stuff (Little big Planet or Bugsnax or whatever). The rest will be filled with 3rd party timed exclusives or exclusive content that probably no one asked for. Everything else probably comes later.

That is the mindset I have set for myself. End of the year is still going to be great with Mafia Remake, Cyberpunk and Spiderman. Maybe some cool indy game like 12 hours.

Yep, I think you're dead on with this. I mean, that's why you see things like 'Volcano High' and 'Bugsnax' along with your God of War, Demons Souls and Call of Duty's. Sony has always had a really good mix of family and kids titles in addition to the mature audience stuff. That's PART of why they are so successful!

Yep, I think you're dead on with this. I mean, that's why you see things like 'Volcano High' and 'Bugsnax' along with your God of War, Demons Souls and Call of Duty's. Sony has always had a really good mix of family and kids titles in addition to the mature audience stuff. That's PART of why they are so successful!
That is the biggest thing Xbox Brand hasn’t proved yet. Xbox is a way better brand then it was as Xbox One launch. Yet they still don’t have a game portfolio. I know they acquired studios. I know they focusing on first party games. It’s the delivery and quality that still needs to be seen. This is an important step for Xbox this gen. Is to deliver quality first party titles among there AA game out put. I loved Recore on Xbox One, but it still was a low budget AA title. Would have been a great game with AAA billing and bigger budget.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
So just woke up and saw another FUD bites the dust and was shot down by Sony itself. What will happen to "concern" troops then? Will they be buying PS5 again :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Bloomberg didn’t retract the story, but they did add Sony’s response. As Sony never officially announced a number, they can deny this all day long. Doesn’t make it false.

"The Invincible" only claims to run on Series X. Some people are saying if it runs on X it runs on S by default, like they're that analogous. But... I've also seen people argue the S won't hold next-gen back because third party devs won't be forced to make games for it. But... I see people saying Microsoft won't certify a game for X unless it can run on the S... man my head hurts... is it just the naming conventions being too confusing, was the announcement for what the game plays on planned before the S reveal? Does Series X just look sexier than saying XBOX Family? But the real question, if you were buying an S... wouldn't you want to know FOR SURE games were supporting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom