• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyliethicc

Last edited:

reksveks

BC won't push 1.825GHz "FIXED", won't saturate the asymmetric RAM, overall won't push the system to its fullest. Yet some reports of heats we're getting. Those BC modes should be way downclocked for compatibility. Anyone has the clock speeds of the BC modes?

DF has already said that you are getting 12tflops of gcn performance when running in back compat mode.

here in Brazil there is only the standard version of Demons.

Although we do have the option for Morales. Got the standard version too cause I already played the original. Anyway, I bet Remastered will come to Plus later anyway.

I see. I bought standard DS as well. Im on the fence about Miles as well.Do get the full whack or just buy miles. I to see the remaster going to PS+ later as well. Better to save the cash for a game I probably wont play again.

Last edited:

Insane Metal

Gold Member
So several of the components in this X-ray look like from the PS4. I think given this inlcuded a clear sketch drawing as well, this is a fake photoshopped guess at whats inside the PS5 and how its built. Good guesses. But thats not a legit x-ray of the PS5.

For starters the fan is too small from what we saw earlier and not as centrally located as in the leaked pic. We can see the fan in the PS5 is larger than the PS4 Pro fan, which is shown here in the x-ray. The PS4 Pro fan is roughly 90 cm, while the PS5 fan looks almost 130-140mm diameter.

VSModQ6.jpg

The die is clearly from a PS4 Pro, etc. There's an audio optical port from the PS4 Pro on the ports, etc.

Clearly fan made guess, but a damn good one.

I think its safe to assume the PS5 inside is roughly this.

Qbz8X4V.jpg
That doesn't make sense, the fan has to be closer to the sides to be able to suck enough air.

Great video, but I'm sorry, but what is he on about? The Japanese youtubers weren't even allowed to touch the console, watch their videos. I am sure the system is quiet, but I'm interested in how they would know if the console was cool during operation?

(I'm confident that the system isn't going to overheat, nor will the XsX)
Guys from Famitsu and other outlets were allowed to check I think.

Last edited:
So to sum up the latest fud.

Apparently the Japanese Youtubers were gaming on a dev kit. The PS5 in front of them was apparently fake.

However the Japanese Youtubers said these things about the console.

1. The console turns on and has a light that functions
  2. They could hear the fan if they were close enough
  3. They could feel air coming out of the exhaust.
So now the new narrative is that Sony constructed a fake PS5 that produces warm air and has a light that functions.

Is this about right on the latest FUD claims that seem to get dumber as we get closer to launch?

Loxus

He wont share his source because once everyone finds out where it came from people will dismiss it because its been around for a couple of months and I wont give that Twitter account any love
My bad, I now understood you.
Back then I wasn't a member yet and everyone was posting him like he knew things.
So i took a peep at his account and he seem legit, until i realize he has many screw loose.
But it wasn't him that posted it, he was reply to someone that's why i kept it.
And it ain't going back through his timeline ever again to find it.
That dude post some things that will give you cancer.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
My bad, I now understood you.
Back then I wasn't a member yet and everyone was posting him like he knew things.
So i took a peep at his account and he seem legit, until i realize he has many screw loose.
But it wasn't him that posted it, he was reply to someone that's why i kept it.
And it ain't going back through his timeline ever again to find it.
That dude post some things that will give you cancer.

No worries I just see a Neo Member and post things from him and instantly think alt account.

And sorry didnt see you say where it was from thread just moves too fast.

TeKtheSanE

Guys from Famitsu and other outlets were allowed to check I think.
Famitsu are schills for Sony, I read them daily they have a dedicated page for PS5 news and Xbox news is posted but not covered as much as PS5/Sony

Also just read this article (Assuming you can read Japanese)

They don't mention anything regarding temperature of the console in their description of their hands on event with PS5. They talk a ton about the controller and load speeds.
They also did not get to see a UI.

Last edited:

reksveks

That is slower than I expected to be honest. It is barely saturating USB 3.1 gen1 speed for the internal to expansion port via direct PCIE 4.0 x2 which maxes at 4GB/s. Something is wrong somewhere.

Are files transfer speeds really depends on the typical file size and how the file's blocks are organised?

sircaw

Banned
You know, it actually was implied by Cerny back in March that some of the features were not part of desktop RDNA but he wished that they may trickle down into desktop products further down the line.

doesn't it kinda keep the same DNA and just morph along,uprading over time, adding on, bolting on, i can't find the words, like the architecture evolutionaises over time, i think i just made up a completely new word lol.

Shut up stupid fish ffs, I give up trying to be technical. just fucking slap me.

DaGwaphics

Damn that is really silent. Nice!

Also, it seems copying and transferring data is very fast. I have no idea how 500MB/s on a damn console is low for some people. A few minutes for a 40GB game. COME ON. We've been playing on turtle-like consoles for almost a decade. Don't be an asshole. That's fast as fuck.

Disk to disk transfer speed looks a bit slower than I was expecting. :messenger_grimmacing_

But that has always been the absolute worst case IO scenario for Windows, so maybe that crosses over here.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
I know the cache scrubbers could be one of them. Then there's talk of the Infinity Cache but I think thats an RDNA2 feature and not an RDNA3 one.
RGT leaked a few months ago that the PS5's RDNA 3 feature would be the Geometry Engine and he's been doubling down on his claim ever since, according to him RDNA 3's and PS5's "Geometry Handler" will be significantly better than what is featured on RDNA 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

reksveks

That's vague anyway. We'll need solid numbers.

However, it's important to stress one thing: while Series X runs old games with full clocks, every compute unit and the full 12 teraflop of compute, it does so in compatibility mode - you aren't getting the considerable architectural performance boosts offered by the RDNA 2 architecture.

What solid numbers are you looking for? The xbox in bc mode doesn't seem to downclock or disable cu by default. You should maybe expect the same for the ps5 although maybe a part of the bc issue is from going from one fixed system to one variable system.

Tripolygon

Banned
Are files transfer speeds really depends on the typical file size and how the file's blocks are organised?
That is true but games especially console games are packed meticulously to avoid the usual slow downs that occurs due to reading or copying small files. This is something Sony patent on their SSD solution talks about.
Heat throttling?
The gaintbomb video does say it gets very hot so that is possible but i couldn't say for sure as SSD tend to work optimally at ~40C.

Last edited:

reksveks

Did greenberg ever admit to trolling the Internet with his hedgehog post on instagram live?

Ps I think it's a maybe an ml feature to double fps, we have previously see from another company that did this for animation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom