• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it reads like what it says. No need to "find" double meanings that just so happen to line up with your agenda.

What stood out to me was the be respectful and be cool part. He knows, hell we all know how pathetic rabid fanboys can be. Incessant tweeting, posting, threats even. Sometimes it's funny, most times it's sad. I find humor in a good jab or two, but people take it way too far.

The sad part is too, i'm sure most of the people doing this shit are adults like me. Dawg I got kids, a mortgage, car payments, projects to manage. You will NEVER find me volunteering for Sony or Microsoft as a "warrior" :messenger_tears_of_joy:. It baffles me, really it does.
Real spill. I can’t imagine ever being that comitted to a corporate entity that doesn’t know my name nor put food or my table. It’s bizarre. 🤷‍♂️

Zadom

So it's indeed an upscaled Xbox One game, just as I said.

38bUXAd.jpg

xacto

That was my feeling reading it cold - “Hey guys please don’t be angry if the Xsex stuff we show you looks bad. Oh and for you PS fans we’ll throw in Bugsnax so be cool!”

When did it become necessary for “journalists” to apologise for the quality of products produced by corporations? Particularly trillion dollar corporations using money to buy market dominance ....

source.gif

I will tell you when that became necessary... when they lost their integrity.

That was my feeling reading it cold - “Hey guys please don’t be angry if the Xsex stuff we show you looks bad. Oh and for you PS fans we’ll throw in Bugsnax so be cool!”

When did it become necessary for “journalists” to apologise for the quality of products produced by corporations? Particularly trillion dollar corporations using money to buy market dominance ....

source.gif

Sounds more like you misread things to me. You're eager to try to shit on the other camp and You're upset someone asked you to act like an adult. But hey, you didn't earn that tag for level-headed thinking and behavior.

ethomaz

Banned
I read that as future updates, not 2k22. If they're not going to fix it until the next game, then 2k21 might be a hard pass for me. Unlike PC versions, you can't hack these bits out of the console game.
Future episode is 2K22 not update.
Unless they used the wrong word in the PR.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Not the trees. The N64 ground textures.

I know it's cherry picking, but everyone else is doing it, so 🤷‍♂️

Do you think its a fair comparison that Riky boy made, comparing Bugsnax an indie development team with a couple of people to Halo whose budget is in the hundreds of millions and has a team of hundreds?

Just seriously, do you think that is a fair comparison.??

Last edited:

devilNprada

So....What, lets say 3, games would/are you getting release day? I'm still undecided but leaning towards:

• Miles Morales (Looking Noice in 4k/RT)
  • Sackboy (Wife/Kids)
  • Watch Dogs: Legion (Dunno tbh)
Not Really a Godfall/Demon's Souls kinda guy.

The plan is "If" we can have two home consoles (as in the case of PS3/PS4) the whole family can play one copy of sackboy?
I keep asking if anyone has seen anything on this?

MastaKiiLA

The plan is "If" we can have two home consoles (as in the case of PS3/PS4) the whole family can play one copy of sackboy?
I keep asking if anyone has seen anything on this?
I think removal of game share would be a legit cause for concern. No word on that having happened, so I don't think you should worry. I used to share games with friends in other states.

Pretty cool feature. Have the PS4 set up in one room and be able to stream games onto the PS5 in another.

Obviously better for games that are non-disk based.

I think so. Gives the ps5 another use rather than boxed. Suprised there wasn't more Fanfare to it, just kind of mentioned in a FAQ on the site. Maybe they don't see it as important to gamers as opposed to just redownloading the games on the PS5

DaGwaphics

3121363-03-1.jpg

Some really good looking games can look like shit in places.

100%, the more you start looking at unimportant little things the more you ruin the illusion. I remember in Warhammer on OG Xbox the street markets looked amazing from a distance, but up-close the flat jpgs they used for fruits and vegetables didn't look so good. LOL

DaGwaphics

I think it was, but after halo, 3 things have stuck with me forever,

1 those Minecraft Mountains
2 Craig
3 Tree's

I can not get those images out of my mind no matter what i do.

I don't expect much from the environments in a racing game, the devs are going to prioritize more important things. Even the sky can be viewed as more important than the periphery, just because it will be present looking down the track. I've always loved the way Turn 10 leans into the joke a bit by putting those cardboard cutouts as stand-ins for a crowd, complete with a cross base so they don't fall over.

xacto

I think it was, but after halo, 3 things have stuck with me forever,

1 those Minecraft Mountains
2 Craig
3 Tree's

I can not get those images out of my mind no matter what i do.

Minecraft mountains I could get used to, since we had some of the same in ME Andromeda, and we have some real life counterparts in Namibia, look at the picture down here; Craig and the trees, yeah, they were pretty ungainly looking. But the worst for me, were the pop-in textures.

Namibia, by the way:

KhcBRZG.png

sircaw

Banned
How only more than 1k if they talking of 3 gen of xbox.

giphy.gif

The XSX will be a good buy in a couple of years but that lineup have fucking nothing.

Aye not having halo really really fucked Microsoft big time.

They have to try to keep up the good pr i suppose, but yer, the end of this generation is pretty poor and the start of this be one is even worse.

Sony kept on giving the goods right up to the end, ghost of Tsushima, the last of us 2, and now demon souls, spiderman BUGFUCKINGSNAX at the start to name a few.

I mean if you were a completly neutral in the console wars 50/50 would you seriously recommend an xbox over a ps5 this xmas to someone, considering what you can play in regards to last gen and this gen on both systems.

I would feel fucking dirty telling some mum to get an xbox if i worked at one of those stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom