• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faithless83

Banned
I'm not talking about visual assets or even audio assets.

Levels, items and their stats.. other scripting elements.. engine assets, etc.
Sorry, your point being what exactly? It's not a game if it's not original/new? Are we comparing this to something else?
Game design is a part of the equation, sure. but the game was remade from the ground up. Not only textures but everything else.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Sorry, your point being what exactly? It's not a game if it's not original/new? Are we comparing this to something else?
Game design is a part of the equation, sure. but the game was remade from the ground up. Not only textures but everything else.
Do you want me to re-type my post or something? My point is pretty basic, just read it.

I'm buying the game for $70 with no complaint either way. But remaster or remake, the budget is a fraction of what a full game would be from scratch.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Do you mind quoting it? I believe I missed your point entirely, hence the question.
See my edit right above. I don't even really have a point.. just stating facts.. I don't have any sort of agenda here.

I do appreciate being corrected on remake vs remaster, and also was legit asking a question.. I thought they started from the PS3 version but may have been just remembering them saying they did port the PS3 version for comparison.

Last edited:
The actual Xbox Hot Chips conference. Most things are already known.

I need to run into a meeting but some interesting quotes so far:

@15:20: "This shows the overall RDNA-based GPU structure" <-Only highlighting this because this quote insinuates the RDNA/RDNA2 distinctions are mostly arbitrary.

@15:47: "A single, unified geometry engine handles primitives, including mesh shading and generates higher order services."

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
See my edit right above. I don't even really have a point.. just stating facts.. I don't have any sort of agenda here.

I do appreciate being corrected on remake vs remaster, and also was legit asking a question.. I thought they started from the PS3 version but may have been just remembering them saying they did port the PS3 version for comparison.
Not a fraction at all. The base was there and that saved them a lot of time, for sure, but the expensive part of development is doing what they had to do: build everything. It wasn't just "let's up res the textures and call it a day". It took them 3 years to do it. It wasn't an easy/cheap task at all.

I ended up cancelling my PS5 and Series X preorders. The launches are just too boring for me to justify the purchases. I still have one PS5 preorder which I’ll sell to my brother at cost. I hope everyone enjoys their consoles. I’ll probably wait 1-2 years to see how things shake out.

you didnt' bother selling it? respect. some lucky dudes there will thank you for your kindness.

IntentionalPun

Not a fraction at all. The base was there and that saved them a lot of time, for sure, but the expensive part of development is doing what they had to do: build everything. It wasn't just "let's up res the textures and call it a day". It took them 3 years to do it. It wasn't an easy/cheap task at all.
I think you are vastly underestimating the difference in budget for a remake vs a game from scratch.

Handy Fake

Someone spotted Deadpool on the mini map!
Prowler I believe.

151282-64124-prowler.jpg

SSfox

Man i can wait for PS5 until march 2021, maybe even more, but because of Demon Souls i want PS5 RN!!!! The game looks so awesome OMGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

IntentionalPun

I think we are going in circles. Looks like you expect this to be a $40 game somehow.
Guess we have to "agree to disagree" on this one. :messenger_sunglasses:
I think it's gonna give me at least $70 worth of value so have no complaints.

But yeah we can agree to disagree for sure, not here to have a remake budget war, but I'm right ;)

There's a reason Sony could decide to make this game of all games not cross gen.... (hint: it's the budget)

edit: Obviously I am pulling the cross-gen statement out of my ass, please dont take it too seriously

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
I ended up cancelling my PS5 and Series X preorders. The launches are just too boring for me to justify the purchases. I still have one PS5 preorder which I’ll sell to my brother at cost. I hope everyone enjoys their consoles. I’ll probably wait 1-2 years to see how things shake out.

4KOG

4KOG

It’s a cool looking game and one that I would like to play, but it’s a remake. That’s not enough for me to be excited at launch. I hope and expect it to be a great game, but it’s not like you’re remaking Metal Gear Solid or Ocarina of Time.

Last edited:
T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
It’s a cool looking game and one that I would like to play, but it’s a remake. That’s not enough for me to be excited at launch. I hope and expect it to be a great game, but it’s not like you’re remaking Metal Gear Solid or Ocarina of Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom