• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LED Guy?

Banned
Previous (January) words of wisdom of your beloved leaker of the generation:

1.) The PS5 will be revealed at a PlayStation Meeting event for the press/media on February 5, 2020.

2.) Pre-orders for the PS5 will go live after the event on February 5.

3.) The PlayStation 5’s new slogan, as well as for the brand as a whole, is “IT’S TIME TO PLAY.”

4.) Sony will be at E3 showing off the hardware and games.

1 and 2: Oops
3 was a slogan used by European Playstation in an ad campaign since November 2019
4 is another big oops.

But go ahead, your laughter will probably end in tears.
Why are you insinuating that I believed in those fake insiders saying this stuff? I told you and I have said more times than I remember, I only believe in what Matt, Kleegamefan, Jason Schreier said all the time, now I can add OsirisBlack OsirisBlack and HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 as well.

And 2nd, I am not sure why you had to bring those fake insiders who stated 5th February, even if they are fake (which they are), still doesn't make anyone of those I have mentioned like hmgqq, Tim Dog, Colbert, Speshal Ed, Klobrille etc etc appear true or reputable insiders.

I only go by reputable insiders which were verified by ResetEra moderators and/or ones who have had an outstanding track record like Matt.....and guess what, ALL OF WHAT THEY SAY OUTRIGHT DENY THE OBERON 9.2 TF LEAK.

Accept it, deal with it and move on. 😊😂😂😊😂😊😊😂

Last edited:

bitbydeath

its the quiet before the storm... Who am i kidding, just about every morning i wake up hoping for an announcement and nothing. (i am in timezone where all big news happens when im sleeping)

The 20th is coming.

InEiOcC0NU7fwf9kUTez6ZDsoYYJdThKZZ96rMSVt0fKnERqIj4xup2NP6b8W56Tp_jWxjVFUIxqXrO60A2CeLOy-DEt7u111XeAF6dsKw=w319-h230

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I think we should all be grateful that *most* of the information points to both systems being ~12TF or slightly above.

That's an insane level of power for a console and almost unimaginable considering the new CPUs, sufficient RAM *and* SSDs for both consoles.

Not to mention with RDNA efficiency, both systems are going to punch well above their capabilities.

We have seen what Naughty Dog, Capcom, Guerillla and Square-Enix can eek out of the old systems.

This is gonna be ridiculous, especially as the console life progresses.

That's why many PC gamers going nuts as 99% of PC's now will be inferior to consoles, probably by a big margin for most with higher standards and 25-50% or less prices.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I've got a good friend that's a lifelong gamer like me... though he has grown tired of current gen and says most games now are shit. He swears up and down he wont be buying next gen systems at all because developers have grown lazy and he doesnt believe games next gen will look or play any better than current gen games. He thinks 4k is a complete lie looks the same as 1080p and that the human eye cant even see more than 60fps so it's a waste to go any higher. I hope he is proven wrong on all fronts next gen, I'm ready for the leap.

I would suggest he invest in an eye-sharpening surgery. We are starting the 4K vs 8K debate now. And guess what? 8K is way better and cleaner than 4K at around 65". 16K probably is the peak, but I have no $5,000,000 for Sony's 6x20 meters screen.

Kusarigama

I would suggest he invest in an eye-sharpening surgery. We are starting the 4K vs 8K debate now. And guess what? 8K is way better and cleaner than 4K at around 65". 16K probably is the peak, but I have no $5,000,000 for Sony's 6x20 meters screen.
what!? I though you were an Omani Sheikh. 5million would just be your pocket money.

nikolino840

Looks a bit different than the patent. :pie_thinking: It doesn't show a complete onscreen controller. But it could depend on the game (if it's really prepared for mobile).
Is still in testing i think
that girl work in the xcloud department, maybe there will be the full mode and minimslist mode 🤷🏻‍♂️

B_Boss

Hmm...

"It's very difficult to really discuss this timing-wise," continued Totoki, "but as of today, we will provide the guidance at a time period which is comparable to the past. So we will not change the time schedule."

While he's speaking in heavy legalese, Totoki appears to be suggesting that PS5 reveal timeline will follow the same beats as that of the PS4's debut, which - if taken at face value - still leaves a chance for that rumoured PS5 February reveal event to take place, even if it's just in the form of a State of Play livestream.

Last edited:

Stillmatic

Having seen 000000 O running I’ll just say this. Games > Flops. The lighting in this game is beyond my ability to explain. Firing a shotgun in a dark room seeing the muzzle shot light up the room and the accompanying smoke wafting around leaving trails that also react to the light and has actual weight. Everything just seems real.
Far Cry 6? Adding a space between the 000 000 O would've been too obvious so kept it together maybe. 🤔

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Far Cry 6? Adding a space between the 000 000 O would've been too obvious so kept it together maybe. 🤔

Yup, same guess, but what's with the light on the shoulder? Problem is with this prediction though is it's 6 zeros and an O letter, which pushes Black Ops more.

IkarugaDE

IMO the still guessed COD Black Ops 5 could be the hottest idea. Especially after there still were rumors on kotaku last year:

IkarugaDE

It's sometimes not that clear. There is some hate against the game since MS bought the studio.
I don't understand why there is any hate at all. I was sad, yeah. Cause I really liked the first game, it was great (apart from my PS4 turns into an Airbus while playing it; the only other game where this is Happening is Detroid: Become Human). But I can't hold against it if a (smaller) Studio takes the chance to have a more peaceful future and not having so much risks anymore.

Sussoloc

I don't understand why there is any hate at all. I was sad, yeah. Cause I really liked the first game, it was great (apart from my PS4 turns into an Airbus while playing it; the only other game where this is Happening is Detroid: Become Human). But I can't hold against it if a (smaller) Studio takes the chance to have a more peaceful future and not having so much risks anymore.
The good thing with MS studio purchases is that you can play them on Pc and with xCloud nearly everwhere you want. But right, it still sucks, when a part 1 was multiplattform.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

I'm really confused by many reports of PS4's being loud. I had PS4 then upgraded to PS4 Pro, it's dead silent. Maybe because the room is over-heated during Winter? Or you keep it in a closed area? Mine gets enough dust and never cleaned it since day one in 2016. But I think yours have too much dust in it? Or because I only play digital games since 2015?

I believe all the reports but they're still strange, even in public, not perfect conditions in amusement centers they're pretty quite🤔

Stillmatic

Yup, same guess, but what's with the light on the shoulder? Problem is with this prediction though is it's 6 zeros and an O letter, which pushes Black Ops more.
Oh was this the same game as the insect like creature with 4 arms? Thought it might be a different game.

Yeah both definitely fit. FC6 only works if you think he's swapped the numbers and letters around purposefully, so the the numbers are a word, and the letter is a number. Black Ops probably is the stronger guess, and COD games have been looking pretty great even on current hardware.

IkarugaDE

The good thing with MS studio purchases is that you can play them on Pc and with xCloud nearly everwhere you want. But right, it still sucks, when a part 1 was multiplattform.
Due to the cooperation between Samsung and Microsoft I really hope there will be a xCloud app for my The Frame with the possibility to connect a MS Controller (or Maybe PS4/5, would be great) via Bluetooth. Then it's ok.

IkarugaDE

I'm really confused by many reports of PS4's being loud. I had PS4 then upgraded to PS4 Pro, it's dead silent. Maybe because the room is over-heated during Winter? Or you keep it in a closed area? Mine gets enough dust and never cleaned it since day one in 2016. But I think yours have too much dust in it? Or because I only play digital games since 2015?

I believe all the reports but they're still strange, even in public, not perfect conditions in amusement centers they're pretty quite🤔
I have this red/black PS4 (Metal Gear Editition), which means it's one of the first PS5 revisions. The first PS4 "fat" has three different Revisions (as far as I can remember) with different PSUs, also different parts. The same for PS4 Pro. I can remember a discussion about several PS4P-revs which are loud as fuck, the other ones aren't.

Regarding the cleaning-thing: I am a great hardware-geek, opened and repaired many consoles, also have several retro-consoles, cleaned them, bleached them (after especially nintendo consoles like the famicom or snes become very yellow after some time), etc. I still tried to do my best for my PS4. Cleaned it, replaced the thermal grease, used it sideways. It improved the overall noise Pollution but unfortunately didn't solved it.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Due to the cooperation between Samsung and Microsoft I really hope there will be a xCloud app for my The Frame with the possibility to connect a MS Controller (or Maybe PS4/5, would be great) via Bluetooth. Then it's ok.

I think PlayStation should help other divisions like Bravia TV's and Xperia phones some PS Now exclusiveness that can run already purchased games from your PS store along with the other PS Now has to offer. Xperia is literally dying and they pulled out of middleast 1-2 years ago and I'm still using an Xperia phone since 15 years of loyalty 😂. Might buy from the net now with many dangers around how effective warranty would work 😱.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I have this red/black PS4 (Metal Gear Editition), which means it's one of the first PS5 revisions. The first PS4 "fat" has three different Revisions (as far as I can remember) with different PSUs, also different parts. The same for PS4 Pro. I can remember a discussion about several PS4P-revs which are loud as fuck, the other ones aren't.

Regarding the cleaning-thing: I am a great hardware-geek, opened and repaired many consoles, also have several retro-consoles, cleaned them, bleached them (after especially nintendo consoles like the famicom or snes become very yellow after some time), etc. I still tried to do my best for my PS4. Cleaned it, replaced the thermal grease, used it sideways. It improved the overall noise Pollution but unfortunately didn't solved it.

Well, that what I was thinking, different versions/revisions. We tend to get PS4/PS4 Pro a month or weeks after US release, so we might be getting the 2nd wave? Not sure. Never cleaned a console before, only had the laser problem ones with PS1 but because of pirated games (I'm a changed man and don't approve piracy🙏😁).

Last edited:

Gudji

Hope that leak isnt real. I have both systems but let's be honest here. If MS doesnt have the power advantage and doesnt bring some SERIOUS games.... they are nailing their own coffin.

Even with power advantage it will never be big. Won't matter for shit. They still need to bring games and raise the quality of said games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom