• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

edotlee

-No loading screens
-Ray-traced reflections everywhere (ray-traced reflections under ice and snow and wet streets at different times of day, and that changes during overcast skies … You'll be able to see realistic holiday lighting reflecting off of ice and wet streets)
-4D scans for characters for more realistic and believable performances
-Far more destruction, particle, and simulation systems
-Haptic controller is next-level immersion (allow bioelectric attacks to travel from one side of the controller to the other; makes the web-swinging feel that much more visceral when there's resistance on the trigger, as you feel the connection of the webs and then the tension as you swing through)

Last edited:

ArcaneNLSC

Still hoping its manufactured hype and I'll be able to walk in JB in a weeks time, put a deposit, and get one for Christmas

Not what I got from talking to JB staff the other day at Garden city they sold out until after Christmas 2021 I even checked to see about Black Friday and was said it was going to be a very different Black Friday and that they won't have any either

Is he taking a shit while holding the PS5?
Rcl5be1.gif

Last edited:
With the redesign of the website for PlayStation, I'm seeing references to PSnow on the Singapore store. The link is currently 404.

It's not something which interests me personally, but for those that are interested, looks like PSnow will be expanded to more countries WW.

Last edited:

ArcaneNLSC

TLZ TLZ Don't stress we all make mistakes at the last 2 basketball camps I coached at I misidentified a kids gender by saying girls tend to write neater than boys when asking for someone to write some numbers down as I recorded the kids vertical hops. And at the previous camp thought there was something going on between 2 kids a boy and a girl because they always did the tasks and drills together little did I realise they were twins (now to my defense on that one they always came in with different parents as well 1 was with the mum and the other with the dad).

Mind you I'm the type of asshole that has thrown down a reverse dunk on an 8 year old girl made a kid cry by insulting the private school he went to (we had a fierce rivalry against the private schools being the only public school in the competition)

Last edited:

DinoD

Not what I got from talking to JB staff the other day at Garden city they sold out until after Christmas 2021 I even checked to see about Black Friday and was said it was going to be a very different Black Friday and that they won't have any either

Mate. I got two of these. Care to join me on the 12th? This Garden city in Mt Gravatt right?

3gxghFJ.jpg

Rea

With the redesign of the website for PlayStation, I'm seeing references to PSnow on the Singapore store. The link is currently 404.

It's not something which interests me personally, but for those that are interested, looks like PSnow will be expanded to more countries WW.
I'm from SG too and waiting for PSnow for ages. So exciting. Thx for info.

geordiemp

LiquidRex

After the 28th we will know just how close Cernys relationship with AMD actually was... I would think.
Be it Geometry Engine, Tempest Engine and the RT implementation. 🤷‍♂️
For all we know Infinity Cache was the result of the RAM choice for PS5 🤷‍♂️

Then again maybe there's nothing special at all, but I'm going 70/30 in favour that there is.

Goncas2

Well, well, well, a single player PS4 game from 6 years ago just got a new patch

He's a TLOU1/2 speedrunner. I saw his stream today and basically the load times are now better with a regular hdd, and *much* better with an SSD.

It's happening...

Last edited:

He's a TLOU1/2 speedrunner. I saw his stream today and basically the load times are now better with a regular hdd, and *much* better with an SSD.

It's happening...

Damn, I searched on YouTube for a video of this new patch and found this. Load time from main menu to game: ~6 seconds

It seems this is true. I'd imagine this means 1 second on PS5...

For comparison, here's a video comparing load times between PS3 and 4. Load time from main menu to game: ~52 seconds

Here's another video of another section. Load time: ~43 seconds

Last edited:
I'm selling my ps4 pro on Friday, is copying my save files on usb enough to be ready for ps5 ?
do I have to make my ps4 pro not primary console or can I just delete everything.
I thought about also copying those pictures connected to trophies

Last edited:
I'm selling my ps4 pro on Friday, is copying my save files on usb enough to be ready for ps5 ?
do I have to make my ps4 pro not primary console or can I just delete everything.
Wait, saves are not synced to the cloud? What year is this? 2006?

I think if you're a PS+ member you should be able to download your saves from the server. Right?

Yea back up save and remove that ps4 from ur psn id . Its easy to do . Look it up on YouTube.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
So just saw the Xbox Power Your Dreams ad on TV here in Australia and just like their 1st year lineup not 1 game in sight

If one thing is going to hurt them badly, it’s this. To the general audience, games sell consoles. You can’t persuade people to spend five hundred bucks for 12 teraflops, or to play Gears 5 again.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I know about the cloud save but I have 236 save files to upload and it say 92.90GB free after upload. so, like 7GB to upload.
and I have low/medium connection speed. guess I'll put it to upload during the night

Ok, but do you need all of those saves? That’s an awful lot of saves of games you’re never likely to play again!

ArcaneNLSC

If one thing is going to hurt them badly, it’s this. To the general audience, games sell consoles. You can’t persuade people to spend five hundred bucks for 12 teraflops, or to play Gears 5 again.

Agreed well its $750 here and yeah with a dry out put of games for at least 2 years if anyone is genuinely interested are best to wait 2-3 years and well to see if the games are any good and actually release and who knows might save a bit of money if there is a price drop by then

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Agreed well its $750 here and yeah with a dry out put of games for at least 2 years if anyone is genuinely interested are best to wait 2-3 years and well to see if the games are any good and actually release and who knows might save a bit of money if there is a price drop by then

That‘s where I am. A friend had a second XSX pre order that he gave me first refusal on, but I’ve told him to give it to someone else. I’ll pick up an XSX in a year or two for less when it has games on it I can’t play elsewhere.

Mr Moose

Back up to USB, make sure its not primary and then initialize.

Article states adaptor included.....” You'll also need to use the included PS Camera adaptor, which thankfully comes with the system. “

Article could be wrong. But a simple USB dongle costing a few cents is likely easier just to mass distribute than administering a whole redemption process together with the associated shipping costs.

I know this is a few days old now, but based on the pictures of the box we have now seen since media outlets have got their consoles, it doesn't look like the adapter is included. Certainly not listed on the box under the "whats included" section.
Of course it could be a different version that has been sent to media outlets but it does look like they have been sent retail consoles in retail boxes so who knows!

dimaveshkin

It's happening...

How is it possible? Then why was is so long at all if there always was a capability to speed loading up? Artificial limitation? What for?

Shmunter

I know this is a few days old now, but based on the pictures of the box we have now seen since media outlets have got their consoles, it doesn't look like the adapter is included. Certainly not listed on the box under the "whats included" section.
Of course it could be a different version that has been sent to media outlets but it does look like they have been sent retail consoles in retail boxes so who knows!
Yeah, not holding out hope for this being a simple process now

vkbest

So Sekiro will have got a stealth ps5 patch if a new release is after July, as it must be tested and be good on ps5 for approval by Sony.

Look forward to see how it runs on ps5.

I don’t believe that. I mean we saw the same reports about support PS4 Pro from launch, 4 years after there are games releasing with no Pro support such as Mortal Shell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom