• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sircaw

Banned
Well, those questions are beyond me. But 2 PS5 APU's connected (stacked/butterfly chiplet) could easily be priced by Sony as much as launch PS5 by 3-4 years from now. Would they go the extra mile for a 24-channel per 24 modules (1,650GB)? Probably.

Jesus Bo, are you working for Skynet or something.
Save those questions for the technically minded people.

Need to lay down now :messenger_grimmacing_

It's still one of my favorite game of this gen, and maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but while i really love Spiderman PS4 but i loved Batman AK (and also the other Arkham games) even more.

Bonus:

That's not an unpopular opinion. Spider-man however reaches more people who have probably never played Batman Arkham games (where its DNA comes from). There are a lot of things Insomniac needs to polish in the next full entry.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

OgTrpMr.gif

Oh, boy, can he just stay quiet like every wrong 'insider'?

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
It's still one of my favorite game of this gen, and maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but while i really love Spiderman PS4 but i loved Batman AK (and also the other Arkham games) even more.

Bonus:

I really liked it as well, it was the second game i played on my new tv, after the second tomb raider. IT blew me away just how stunning it was. Infact i liked all of it except for the quests where you had to chase firefly in the batcar. I found them extremely difficult and were the only quests i could not complete. old--- reactions---bad.

Last edited:

SSfox

Yes, 12 > 10, just as 2.2 > 1.8 or 9 > 4.8.

In the end, all games announced so far on 3rd party are said to run at same / similar settings. But whatever, thats boring but seems what floats your boat.

I am more interested in the hardware technology, the cooling designs and the APU design choices from both sides.

I bet those 12>10 guys also think that horsepower is the thing and only thing that define which car is the best and who would win the races... LeL

It's gonna be fun anyway lol

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Sorry, I probably read it and then forgot to answer or didn't want to. Only revenue, Microsoft doesn't disclose profit/loss figures on branch levels only company wide. In 2017 Nadella did say that the Xbox division was growing profitably (source), and since then nothing really major changed to have an influence on those numbers. Services and revenue went up since then, and I don't see a major cost except for console the release now.
That Nadella's quote was two months after Gamepass launch date, just too soon. And if I remember correctly, last time they disclosed revenue numbers, services had nearly flat growth compared to a much greater increase in subscriber numbers, looks like people are coming in paying even less than the regular fee.

Average metacritic is at 92. I can already see the outcry in the forums as some people say Sony paid the reviewers

Never a better time to grab a PS4 for those folks. God of War at $9.99 in some places... that's a top 3 game of the gen right there. Don't understand why they do that to themselves.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
We're back to claiming people are saying 10>12 now? Seriously?

Fast 10TF vs slow 12TF, so it's not so simple to compare as it looks ;p

The Digital Edition should at least be -100$ than the standard, otherwise i don't see how they would attract more people to buy it.

Depends on the country/region and its USD exchange rate, 50 bucks might be already way more than enough to convince many many people in some areas to pick up the digital edition.

Dodkrake

Banned
Never a better time to grab a PS4 for those folks. God of War at $9.99 in some places... that's a top 3 game of the gen right there. Don't understand why they do that to themselves.

Because they care about some fictitious war where it matters winning, not getting the best product. Meanwhile, I've completed all AAA Ps4 exclusives and will start playing the next one on Friday.

GRIEVEZ

Nobody's been as triggered and defensive as you since the 250M deal was outed and your concern over the WB rumors. But nice try with the snide remarks 😉

You (and many others) act like that $250mil was done under the cover of night :p

Here's some more ammo. Travis scott who was featured in the Fortnite digital concert viewed by over 27million players - his label is owned by Sony!

"Conspiracy" intensifies!!

GRIEVEZ

nah, the state of play. coming off of TLOU2, the animations do not look good.
Ohh ffs. So if its not on par with Tlou2 animations its bad?

Prepare to be disappointed for lots of games with ""shitty"" animations.

Not every game needs to have physics based ragdolls. Specially not in a Samurai game, where death is stylised.

They probably could've done a hybrid approach, but when im looking at those particle effects/foliage moving - I wonder how much "room" they had left.

Were talking about a 7 year old machine with shitty cpu's my man.

Sorry if I come off as an ass.

sircaw

Banned

Not every game needs to have physics based ragdolls. Specially not in a Samurai game, where death is stylised.

They probably could've done a hybrid approach, but when im looking at those particle effects/foliage moving - I wonder how much "room" they had left.

You don't sound like an arse at all

BUT your an arse for choosing a cat avatar over a fishes one. Sorry, no hate. you should know me by now. :messenger_grinning:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Interesting to see how Got turns out, looks incredibly beautiful to me, I am expecting an 85 on the good old Meta critic.
Keep in mind metacritic has not been kind to many PS5 exclusives this gen. Most recently Days Gone was review bombed for the most insane reasons despite being a great fucking game. DS was very harshly reviewed too. detroit is at 78. the last guardian is at 82. I dont know what these critics are smoking because they are all high 80s and 90s games.

It looks very janky my man. You can compare it to god of war if you like. For a game that looks that good, the animations looking like that just makes it look off.

the game could still be fun to play though. Sucker Punch hasnt let me down, and i dont see Sony releasing a poor game, but critics are much more harsh than i am. see above.

sircaw

Banned
Keep in mind metacritic has not been kind to many PS5 exclusives this gen. Most recently Days Gone was review bombed for the most insane reasons despite being a great fucking game. DS was very harshly reviewed too. detroit is at 78. the last guardian is at 82. I dont know what these critics are smoking because they are all high 80s and 90s games.

It looks very janky my man. You can compare it to god of war if you like. For a game that looks that good, the animations looking like that just makes it look off.

the game could still be fun to play though. Sucker Punch hasnt let me down, and i dont see Sony releasing a poor game, but critics are much more harsh than i am. see above.

there are a couple of animations, like when he shoots the bow, its looks abit strange when the chap flies back in the air. So yer i can see where you are coming from into that regards, saying that i have seen lots of footage were it looks stunning like a film sequence. to me maybe its not a big deal, maybe for others it is.

sorry to burst your bubble but Onimusha on PS2 had better combat animation.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I think people are underestimating how much consumers are going to resist digital only consoles.
If Sony hikes the price of the disc console to push the discless console sales, it will backfire.

I think you're wrong. "IF" priced properly, consumers will quickly warm up to digital only consoles. A $399 disc less PS5 will do a number on a $499 XSX.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I think you're wrong. "IF" priced properly, consumers will quickly warm up to digital only consoles. A $399 disc less PS5 will do a number on a $499 XSX.
tbh, i see see where FranXico is coming from. I am already pissed that all my physical copies would be useless if i only manage to get a digital preorder in. if in have to pay an extra $100 just for BC, im not gonna be happy about it either. And im a sony fan. How would mainstream consumers react to what they might see as a $100 BC surcharge.

that said, i think mainstream consumers have warmed up to digital over the course of the gen. Capcom said their digital sales make up 80% of their total overall sales. who is to say it wont be 95-100% next gen? most gamers are lazy and dont want to get up and change discs. i also think the $100 discount might actually be more appealing to mainstream consumers.

it could go either way. i just dont know if people will switch to the xsx or the xss just because of this.

i dont have a good feeling about this one. lol the animations look really bad.

Clearly you don't have a good eye. You never have a good feeling about anything. your always worrying ,crying ,fearing & emotional. Just chill brudda. The fact this game comes after TLOU2 and Naughty Dog should tell you how much confidence PS have in Ghost. Not just anyone can just follow up after Naughty Dog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom