• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
EifaEsfU8AETrAz

Seems like the production of those consoles been rough. They took all the money of making new consoles to get Zenimax and pay their debts while at it. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I don't know if it is just me, but every time I think of a control pad (in this day and age post-Wiimote) without an integrated rechargeable battery I get the picture of cars when people used to have to run in front of them with a flag to warn others of it coming - it is so old-school.

I know some people defend this design by having spare batteries on-hand to quickly swap, but surely everyone in rechargeable land just has a 2nd controller permanently plugged in to the console on charge, no - to switch pads when one is running low?
Good thing we don't have to buy all new controllers and battery packs for our new Xboxes.

Rudius

No, you are very wrong. Is not stores and companies increasing prices just for the sake of it. The devaluation of the currency in Argentina made $1 usd = $75,65 pesos, and on top of that we have a fucking 70% tax, and on top of that we have a $200 monthly restriction to buy dollars (is forbidden to buy right now). It's a fucking mess. Yesterday i went to a game store to talk about getting a PS5 and the owner was so sad and upset from all this shit hes gonna try to move to other country.

PS4 Pro, officially sold by large stores in Brazil for 3000 reais. Not gray market.

PS4 Pro still sold for the oficial price in the US, 399, the same of PS5 digital.

Both are officially imported and pay the precise same amount of taxes, but PS5 digital is sold for 4500 reais in Brazil.

Also, it's a 10% diferrence in price vs the disc version. Everywhere else the difference is 20%.

Last edited:

Rudius

Because they knew people would fly over DE due to it being cheaper. Ye olde Brazilian greediness.
It is the usual Sony Brazil crap. The digital is 20% less because it will more than make up for the difference in software profits. But somehow it does not uply to us, due to the weather or something 😒

What drives me nuts is seing people justify that as "taxes". If that was the case at least the proportion in prices would be the same: X and PS5 for 5000, S 3000 (as they are) and PS4 digital 4000. That 4500 price is abusive.

CrysisFreak

Banned
It is the usual Sony Brazil crap. The digital is 20% less because it will more than make up for the difference in software profits. But somehow it does not uply to us, due to the weather or something 😒

What drives me nuts is seing people justify that as "taxes". If that was the case at least the proportion in prices would be the same: X and PS5 for 5000, S 3000 (as they are) and PS4 digital 4000. That 4500 price is abusive.
Tbf Brazil is Brazil.
First they lose 7:1 to us in the world cup.
Then based Bolsonaro unfortunately catches the old 'rona.
Then they need to resort to buying Xboxes.
Brutal.
/s

VargasPaPuM

I heard they close the factory is Brazil.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

PS4 Pro, officially sold by large stores in Brazil for 3000 reais. Not gray market.

PS4 Pro still sold for the oficial price in the US, 399, the same of PS5 digital.

Both are officially imported and pay the precise same amount of taxes, but PS5 digital is sold for 4500 reais in Brazil.

Also, it's a 10% diferrence in price vs the disc version. Everywhere else the difference is 20%.

WTF? Sony are still selling for the uninformed people, even here around $470 bundles with 1-3 games.

ps4rpo.jpg

Could someone in the US check the link and see if it's just a "global" price, not the US price?

Sinthor

Gold Member
If you care about the quality of games, you had better hope Sony continues to dominate the gaming landscape. The Game Pass model removes the consumer from the equation. With the current model we have the option of not purchasing a game if it isn’t polished, buggy, or doesn’t provide the content we desire. In Microsoft’s model we move to a “you get what you get model”. There might be a large variety of games, but the goal is to produce content not quality content. Look at their latest example: Halo. In the current model consumer pushback is forcing Microsoft to go back and fix the broken mess. Fast forward 10 years and we’re in an all subscription model, you can bet your ass that it’s releasing in its current form on the scheduled date. Yes, there will be competition within the subscription model, but content providers will be focused on quantity not quality. The days of games being delayed 6 months to get that last 10 percent of polish will be over. It’s not a gaming world I’m excited about.

That may be so. History shows us though that subscription models often really take off. So we'll have to see what gamers choose with their wallets. Whatever that direction is, I sure hope it doesn't result in what you describe. I'm afraid that you have a good chance of being right, though.

Pre-orders have been open for +10 hours now, both xboxes are still available in my country, looks like it is even less popular than xbone.

Ps5 pre-orders are now stating that "order now, get it january - march 2021" so it is epicly sold out now, first batch went in minute or two.

Prices must skyrocket before xmas

LucidFlux

Serious question as I don't live in the US.
Do you pay the full price for the preorder? If not, wouldn't paying for it in advance solve the scalping issue?

Nope, my receipt says the following:

"Credit cards aren't charged until your order ships. If you see a pending charge on your account prior to shipping, this is an authorization hold to ensure the funds are available."

My card has no charge nor any authorization hold. Ordered through Walmart FWIW.

INC

Pre-orders have been open for +10 hours now, both xboxes are still available in my country, looks like it is even less popular than xbone.

Ps5 pre-orders are now stating that "order now, get it january - march 2021" so it is epicly sold out now, first batch went in minute or two.

Any idea on stock shipping for both? How pre orders have been made available? You ps5 sold out, but how many?

Last edited:

splattered

Dude just stop, you keep going into every thread trying to shit post about Xbox preorders. I don't know what country you're from but given the mass panic that just happened in the US and the fact that the console has been sold out in several other countries it's safe to say it's been a success. Who gives a flying fuck if PS5 preorders sold more in one country or the other, just be happy with your Playstation and stop being a debbie downer.

KingT731

Yeah this is such a weird comparison considering most TVs manufactured are over 40”.

Here’s a rough comparison from my setup (55” TV, cabinet width is 29” from center, shelf height ~6”):

LEVG15k.jpg
I was gonna say the same thing. The image makes the Switch+Dock look tiny when it's actually not that small lol. The PS5 looks absolutely massive in comparison.

kyliethicc

Not at all, example, look at TESLA and Nikola

Those shares are traded in a secondary market, I buy share from another customer who sold those shares. MS has nothing to do with these transactions or no benefit at all.

So, market cap being 1T or 1M is simply a market perception of the value of the company, its no where near being an accurate representation of state of any company.
this is laughably wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom