• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I think that the gamepass model does not allow for extraordinary funding or development time. So cuts will be made to bring games fast and in rapid succession to go. These things won't make for better games as the last 4 years of xbox/go exclusives have proven. The come two years my ps5 will be more than i need. After that let's see if xbox can live up to the ongoing empty promises phil is making for the last few years.
And why do you think this? Halo Infinite a Game Pass title is literally doing the exact opposite of what you are now saying... Huge game, given the time to build it properly, with a lot of funding.

As everybody predicted. Xbox produced an extremely limited amount of xbox's to express "extreme demand" while Sony tweeted mainly to apologies for not meetings demands and catastrophic preorders, websites crashing everywhere.
Please share the numbers you have access to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Blaster

You are Lucky then.

I chose to deliver at home. Im not sure i would feel secure getting a PS5 at a store where I am currently living (Fortaleza). 😂
The store is inside a shopping mall, so I have no worries. But, just to be sure, I'll keep it inside the delivery package

Yet they sold on polish "amazon" allegro through whole day 40 XSS xD
And 340 XSX.

Is anybody beside US even interested in those boxes ?

Are they counting all those Xbox ONE X mistakingly sold as Series X?

MistBreeze

guys do you think if a publisher sale war happened between the giants amazon google microsoft tencent

do u think sony will survive long in the console business??

zaitsu

Banned
Where do you get the Numbers (340, 40). I'm just interested.

GdhlPfE.jpg

OCyw78c.jpg

I've lied its actually 35 and 321 😅

LED Guy?

Banned
I feel like this way of buying everything isn’t good for gaming and we won’t have any competition, Monopoly ruins everything, I feel like IF gaming had another crash, it will be because of Microsoft.

Microsoft wants to make Game Pass much more attractive, looks like this is their future, they wanna keep people subscribing to Xbox Game Pass all the time, but at the same time, I feel like Game Pass will prevent developers from making HUGE AAA Single Player experiences like Sony/CDPR/Rockstar Games do, it will limit developers’ ambitions, scope and capabilities because releasing your games DAY ONE in a $10/month is not sustainable for games like TLOU 2 or RDR 2 or Cyberpunk 2077, no doubt about it.

I can see why Sony is saying that putting their games DAY ONE on a Game Pass-like service is not sustainable, and I agree with them a 100%

I don’t like the sound of that, at all.

Last edited:

TrippleA345

guys do you think if a publisher sale war happened between the giants amazon google microsoft tencent

do u think sony will survive long in the console business??

Ask Nintendo. They surviving pretty well. They are neither technologically nor financially capable of competing against Sony or even Microsoft. And now the funny thing. The Switch is the fastest selling console ever.

Addendum.
Sony is in a very good position. They have everything they need. Technology, relationships, cash and a strong brand. They will always be present as long as they do what they do now.

Last edited:

B_Boss

Geeze, it's as if they believe this acquisition just won XBOX the console war and turned the clock back to the late '00's. XD

Maybe for some, It’s been a rough and weird year so far for MS. I’m sure many of their gamers wanted something cool, something explosive just to lighten the mood and even change the conversation a little. Definitely cannot and will not blame them.
Resident Evil: Village screenshots I just made!

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h25m40s219.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h16m19s701.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h06m04s516.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h07m32s839.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h08m06s262.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h08m22s501.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h08m46s163.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h14m38s621.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h14m56s065.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h16m07s294.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h16m19s701.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h16m47s124.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h19m50s120.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h21m25s096.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h21m58s504.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h20m29s186.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h22m32s992.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h22m41s374.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h23m18s130.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h23m41s970.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h23m52s241.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h24m06s399.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h24m18s833.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h24m57s760.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h26m08s833.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-22-23h26m17s094.png

Shit that 2nd image from the top is absolutely nightmare inducing :messenger_face_screaming:!!!!! (thanks Bo :messenger_grinning_sweat:)

Last edited:

Oligarch097

Neo Member
You lot need to prepare for the reality of gaming industry consolidation, people here make it as though Sony struggling for pennies when they worth close to $100 billion and have $30 billion in cash. Sony know how important Playstation is, they have not just got lucky for 20+ years but rather know how to run the business. When the times comes which very much seems to be now, these mega corporations are going to be buying publishers left, right and centre.

I just hope all these journalists keep the same energy when these other publishers start getting purchased by Tencent, Sony, Amazon etc. It's foolish to think Sony are looking at yesterdays news and thinking "haha no worries no worries it's all good". They will make moves but what those are remain to be seen. The one reality is that none of the hardware manufacturers going forward want to be replying on 3rd parties to sell their console.

MGS has been rumoured to be a 2nd Bluepoint project for a while.

Some guys love copying rumours from
The store is inside a shopping mall, so I have no worries. But, just to be sure, I'll keep it inside the delivery package

Are they counting all those Xbox ONE X mistakingly sold as Series X?

Thats the right call😂

Keep It Very well hidden inside the bags screaming that its Just a PC monitor until you finally get into your car :fuu:😬

Yoboman

Why do you guys say Sony should buy blue point? They haven’t made a game, yet just remakes. Sony can continue to contract them for remakes if they want. Once bluepoint has a original game that’s good than Sony should buy them.
Sony have plenty of properties that could still use remaking, I have no issue with them dedicating their talents to that

Sw0pDiller

And why do you think this? Halo Infinite a Game Pass title is literally doing the exact opposite of what you are now saying... Huge game, given the time to build it properly, with a lot of funding.
Did you not follow the news? Ms tried to launch a weak ass halo on xbox / gsmepass with some last gen effects. And if not for the total fallout (see what I did there?) From the interwebs. They would have launch rushed this beloved franchise and it would crash and burn. Don't think Microsoft had any other choose but to do what they did, they were forced to.

PaintTinJr

Xbox's acquisition of Bethesda, although a gaming business move was maybe part of a company wide policy by all sectors to look at buying assets to add company value - maybe to offset any move in global markets and accusations of Microsoft being overvalued and then seeing value lost in share price.

IMHO buying companies like Bethesda at this point in time, before UE5 is even publicly available is a terrible time to buy - unless you've got a Xss type device in the market where last-gen looking games isn't going to hurt game sales; especially if you don't sell the games to GP subscribers. But for everyone else in the bleeding-edge next-gen graphics category I would want to see what they produce following UE5 release, when a new benchmark for fidelity and AAA polish is established - because what are these companies worth if they can't transition to the next-gen tier of user expectation?

If you just wanted the IPs, then it would surely be better to wait, as the chances of paying a lot less are more favourable - in the current climate - than the risk of paying a bit more IMO. obviously, Bethesda are a good fit for Xbox because if Microsoft leave them as is - and just fix their vile anti-gamer T&Cs in games to look like a Xbox user agreement - they'd provide a decent amount of AA games optimised for XsX - that fit the xbox hardcore demographic - and give an instant launch year slate of games.

I guess the real issue is how much extra money was factored in to get key staff(everyone in a game dev) to commit to their companies for another two years? Game development is filled with brilliant people, and I suspect if a bonus of half a year's salary hasn't been offered to all the top staff, then lots of them will resent the suits at the top getting such an obscene windfall and be looking to setup as independents or go elsewhere - at a time when demand for talent is probably high.

Andodalf

Banned
Whats up with Digital Foundry? They really not gonna do any analysis videos on specific games shown at that PS event? :messenger_sleeping:

They've been busy and had other videos out, they mentioned earlier that the conference came at a somewhat "bad" time for them. Assuming they can get HQ versions of the trailers I'm sure we'll see something soon.

I'm sorry guys, a little off topic, but i wanted to bring this assclown to your attention to see what your thoughts on him are. Personally I think he believes himself to be more intelligent than others but in reality, it's just his inferiority complex making him believe he's better than others when he's not. But what are your thoughts about him, i would love to hear them.

Xbox's acquisition of Bethesda, although a gaming business move was maybe part of a company wide policy by all sectors to look at buying assets to add company value - maybe to offset any move in global markets and accusations of Microsoft being overvalued and then seeing value lost in share price.

IMHO buying companies like Bethesda at this point in time, before UE5 is even publicly available is a terrible time to buy - unless you've got a Xss type device in the market where last-gen looking games isn't going to hurt game sales; especially if you don't sell the games to GP subscribers. But for everyone else in the bleeding-edge next-gen graphics category I would want to see what they produce following UE5 release, when a new benchmark for fidelity and AAA polish is established - because what are these companies worth if they can't transition to the next-gen tier of user expectation?

If you just wanted the IPs, then it would surely be better to wait, as the chances of paying a lot less are more favourable - in the current climate - than the risk of paying a bit more IMO. obviously, Bethesda are a good fit for Xbox because if Microsoft leave them as is - and just fix their vile anti-gamer T&Cs in games to look like a Xbox user agreement - they'd provide a decent amount of AA games optimised for XsX - that fit the xbox hardcore demographic - and give an instant launch year slate of games.

I guess the real issue is how much extra money was factored in to get key staff(everyone in a game dev) to commit to their companies for another two years? Game development is filled with brilliant people, and I suspect if a bonus of half a year's salary hasn't been offered to all the top staff, then lots of them will resent the suits at the top getting such an obscene windfall and be looking to setup as independents or go elsewhere - at a time when demand for talent is probably high.

065.gif

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
So am i right or am i left
That image is finding part of the "shaded" parts of the controller and then part of the "shaded" parts of Sonic's head to find a matching code...

Unless you are blind you should be able to see that the controller isn't really Sega blue lol I do have particularly good color perception though so maybe you guys just are kinda color blinded. It's obviously not the same color though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom