• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osiris "Next box has more than 10 tflops"
Microsoft our machine is 12 tflops.
Neogaf "Shut it osiris you said > 10"
Osiris "Hey the actual console is out in the wild phil doesn't have the devkit and people (besides phil) have it."
Microsoft shows the actual console
Neogaf "You didn't know they were done with the actual console."
Osiris "Hey everyone, new Ghosts of Tsushima stuff looks amazing."
Sony shows new Ghosts of Tsushima stuff
Neogaf "Shut it Osiris you don't know Anything."

aww, You guys .... I love it here.
My favorite was when he said
“PS4k will have a 4k blue ray player “
Result: doesn’t
“PS4K will have a better CPU”
Result: up-clocked Jaguar
“Deep Down is still a thing”
Result: Isn’t

Last edited:
Screen shot this just in case
A marginal difference in my opinon.

Well, I honestly want PS5 and XSEX to be as close as possible performance wise.

Though I know that wasn't the main reason why Sony won this generation many have chosen the base PS4 for it's superior performance in third party games. The same applied with the pro consoles with many choosing the X for it's superior performance compared to Pro.

That way Sony and MS won't have nothing but games to propel these machines and when I mean games I talking about the first party ones.

The closer the consoles the more important the first party games are going to be and that will push Sony and MS studios even further.

If Sony can offer performance similar to the XSEX Sony and MS studios will battle to the death and gamers will benefit the most.

Marry me!
Prepare to be absolutely blown away by not just revealing over 13tflops GPU power for PS5 in PSM [2] February 2020.

People are either going to crucify you, or praise you for being a prophet. Bookmarked!

Btw, any chances of 7nm EUV? I don't see them hitting those clocks with regular 7nm.
7nm EUV

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
i asked him if it was RDNA flops or GCN flops

and this happened

OQzkIYN.png

Both consoles have announced using Zen 2 processors. If they were 7nm EUV, why wouldn't they use Zen 3?

Also, I don't understand this very well myself so somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Wouldn't using 7nm EUV make it more difficult to move the design to 5nm for a future slim version? I think I read somewhere that designs made for 7nm EUV are not usable in standard nodes (7nm/5nm). Is that right?

124 people think they're getting the graphical performance of a £700 GPU in an £400 console? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Going to be a lot of disappointed people.

So You think huge corporations in a multimillion contract with hardware companies have access to components coming right from the factory (no taxes) pay the same prices mere final consumer (mere mortais) does.

Really ?

Lol

So You think huge corporations in a multimillion contract with hardware companies have access to components coming right from the factory (no taxes) pay the same prices mere final consumer (mere mortais) does.

Really ?

Lol
No. You're right. AMD can't wait to go out of business. So they're going to render their mid range GPU range pointless by selling them to Sony /MS for a pittance. Sound business sense.

No. You're right. AMD can't wait to go out of business. So they're going to render their mid range GPU range pointless by selling them to Sony /MS for a pittance. Sound business sense.

You have no Idea How multimilionare contracts work, my friend.

AMD has a percentage gain for every little Xbox and PlayStation unit sold wich actually makes way more money than selling their own Pc components to the final consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom