• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastword

Banned
I think those boxes being so close say like a 12tf to say 12.5/13tf machine would be great. Really if numbers are close like tht no one should be giving a fuck about a power advantage. I'm invested in it only bcus most leaks have had ps5 with the advantage and ppl are basically saying "oh thts bs those leaks don't count" lol so now I want it to be true.
I would not mind that at all, consoles would be close in power......Superior first parties would shine even brighter.......

Gamernyc78

Banned
7J8LkKb.jpg

giphy.gif

Lol word we've been infiltrated.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I would not mind that at all, consoles would be close in power......Superior first parties would shine even brighter.......

Yeah bro, almost identical and powerful. The best situation for a dev to go ham and code for and give us the best tht they can.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Well looks like cboat aint gonna say anything. whats his track record.

Just looked through a few threads from the past.

June 2013.

^_^ confiemed micresft actively attemptbuyinr PS44FOUR nonmetnions. IF y dont explifitly here 3rdparty say OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE confdinetly assuem Ps4 version is avabilelbe behind scenes. #truthfact

^_^ stag2 indethpth drm mesaging a@t gamescom. rental stretegy is no stratgy, nolpan for support, just watnt o keep quiet. nontalk execs! beacuse mesaging isnt done. stagae1 waslast Tursyfday...clusterfuktotal

^_^ cloudpower=praroleofficer. desined from day1@s DRM. peirod. uknoo this alreyad thogh.,, MS idaea. aproached third parties wplan not otherway around. EA/Ubi bigest boostrs but lesa Activbliz whcih makes mye haed fulll of weird#!

^_^ ONE drm tos plans iws worse than you know. asmnow btw but I can;t get cororobating proof frrorm my fpeoples. theyr sadcared for jobs. it s com*ing tho IT IS COMING ):

^_^ MEedge2 at MS conf. langlewdell not mkaign an appearnce.

^_^ princeofpersian retgurgiate. for msfconf

^_^ sspecial sekrit Philupspensergame/? - world of banks frmo warmggamin.et

^_^ LIVEpaywallfirm like myb utocks in place for ONEE!1 f2p? sorury.

^_^ deadreising3 and exclcusive DLC for other capcpom game

^_^ onlingamingpayo.w.-allklk for Sony? ahha nope.noconfirm

^_^ sonty rapped up tighterrea than Virgin mosquito when on drm istuf. Frustartin!g myinfogloves!

Fianl things bef0re I hbieranate onte.h sleptime for ahwile.

1. aAll praisee neogaf
2. athanku alLL doubtersn ivirals, youre bitter tearzr are my bidet
3. be nice to mrajor nelson, he has ijob to do. like al snow
4. my balls, my wordd

cya

Co-op shooter for Dead Space 3. Dated May 2012

played down horror elements and play upthe shoootbang with friendsd.

TRUTH discuss

Teased the title of Halo in May.

These guys are either mods or games media editors. Klee has also been verified by the mods on Resetera. These are people in the know on whats going on. Jason Schreier states that the was told PS5 and Scarlett are both above 10TF's whereas the Github leaks put the PS5 at 9.2TFs. I doubt Jason would put in jeopardy his Resetera account to spread FUD, the same with the other insiders.
Tom Warren around E3 last year posted the PS5 devkit being around 13TF's and Xbox Series X around 12TF.
If you have this many people in the know all singing the same tune then clearly there has to be some truth to it.

The github leaks probably contained 'some' information that was accurate and probably the reason for why it was taken down. However i believe that not everything in that document is correct.
Again Matt posted to not take the github leaks as being accurate. Again, a mod won't go out of their way to spread misinformation.

You're free to believe what you want regarding the insiders. Its just like i said before, too many of them have been singing the same tune for a few months now.
You see, when you press into the flesh you see what is really there.
So Tom posted this in 30 Nov 19, 6 months after E3, talking about Scarlett Dev kits.
'hardly anyone has them, and they’re nowhere near final. That’s why you’re hearing a lot of nonsense about them not being powerful etc. Microsoft wants to surprise Sony this time"
So you cling onto what Tom said that feeds your belief, but when Tom comes out 6 months later and says that it nonsence about them being less powerful ,and that MS wants to surprise Sony all of a sudden he isn't in a position to know and isnt really an insider.

I hope CBOAT drops a bomb. I want to see the REE mods struggle to control that discussion. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

yapm9h5.jpg
Fucking hell.

That's childish as fuck.

I really dont get it. One would think after all this time that this kind of animosity towards another fellow gamer site would make one realise the childish petty nature just hurts or splits the online gaming community BUT no. Let us continue to be a jackass and butthurt for decades or perhaps forever.

Here's to hoping that future mods or owners of resetera can put aside this childish shit inf about of the community as a whole.

June 2013.

Wtf does he work in the industry??? Kind of scared that he might confirm ps5 is 9tflops after all 😪😭😭😭

Nickolaidas

Out of excitement. I really would hump anything. I hope to god its true
Yeah, if this is true then I'm pre-ordering FFVII and RE3 on the PS4 the second Sony confirms it.

Your friends better not be around you when revealed.

Vague as all hell. Just so they cant be held to anything. He could come out and say that the Sony fanboys claiming the PS5 will be 12 tflops are the ones who will regret it later.
Considering he's been saying that the PS5 is more powerful, it's not the PS fans he's talking about ...

Do you guys think that both Xsex and PS5 will have a decent launch? Decent launch meaning:

1) Besides backwards compatible games, a decent number of new and quality launch games covering plethora of genres: racing, sports, fighting, rpg etc (Sega Dreamcast launch was the best! 9.9.99 baby!)
Doubt it. Didn't all generations started with 2-4 AAA games? Though things could be different this gen ...

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

Nickolaidas

I've been thinking about hiphopgamer's Remastering Engine 'leak', and this could be actually true.

We have Bluepoint teasing us with MULTIPLE old games, not just a Souls game. Which could be that Bluepoint is somehow involved with this remastering engine in some way, or they will somehow use it to create multiple PS5 patches for those old games to have better textures or something. So the Demon's Souls will end up being true, just that it's not going to be a PS5 AAA remake, but rather a solid remaster with better textures, like Resident Evil 6 for the PS4.

We also had Ed Boon, creator of Mortal Kombat, telling us that there's a BIG surprise coming in 2020 for MK fans. What if this surprise is all past MK games becoming available with this remastering engine on PSN for purchase, allowing the MK fans to experience all previous MK games on a single console, upscaled to 4k?

The more I think about it, the more I think it's true. So hoping it's true!

June 2013.

Long story short, his posts tend to be hyper negative and very sensationalist about xbox is what you really need to know. I wouldn't trust a word he says, but that's me.

ruvikx

Banned
The more I think about it, the more I think it's true. So hoping it's true!

I also hope it's true, i.e. even just a straightforward backwards compatibility with ps3, for example. My own ps3 finally died a few months ago (doesn't read disks anymore) so I'd most certainly get a ps5 if it rescues my ps3 library (including my digital library as well). As for 'remastering' older games, I could imagine stuff like the Core Design Tomb Raiders or MGS 1 would be amazing to revisit (if they could add trophy support, it would be even better). But I won't get my hopes up just to be disappointed.

Nickolaidas

Well, HipHopGamer strikes again. He says that Street Fighter 6 is going to be announced this year, and will have 2v2 and 3v3 modes.

Take it with a massive grain of salt, as always.

Last edited:

demigod

Fucking hell.

That's childish as fuck.

I really dont get it. One would think after all this time that this kind of animosity towards another fellow gamer site would make one realise the childish petty nature just hurts or splits the online gaming community BUT no. Let us continue to be a jackass and butthurt for decades or perhaps forever.

Here's to hoping that future mods or owners of resetera can put aside this childish shit inf about of the community as a whole.

Discussing a banned source will get you a swift ban.

Entroyp

Long story short, his posts tend to be hyper negative and very sensationalist about xbox is what you really need to know. I wouldn't trust a word he says, but that's me.

Was there anything positive to say about xbox one back then? Also I remember he was right almost or every time.

But this time any info leaked regarding MS should have a positive vibe since they’re doing everything right.

Gamernyc78

Banned

Why bcus he blew up the drm, always online shit tht was mostly true till Microsoft saw the backlash and scrapped it 🤔

Was there anything positive to say about xbox one back then? Also I remember he was right almost or every time.

But this time any info leaked regarding MS should have a positive vibe since they’re doing everything right.

He flat out said that the Xbox One GPU would be getting downclocked before release, and he was extremely wrong about that big piece of information.

Why bcus he blew up the drm, always online shit tht was mostly true till Microsoft saw the backlash and scrapped it 🤔

He really had nothing to do with that. Microsoft announced their plans, communicated about it preetty horribly, seemed confused, and the obvious happened. Francis making that sensationalist video pretending to be something he wasn't had more impact and harm than anything cboat. Almost nobody knew who the hell he was in the main stream, and contrary to popular belief, even at its height GAF wasn't at all entirely representative of the majority of the gaming community.

And most people since owning an xbox one and ps4 have literally had them connected to the internet nearly the entire time. Not once was my system ever not connected to the internet. All else is just a derail. Let's see if he has any good info to drop. If he has anything at all I probably already know what direction it will take lol.

Gamernyc78

Banned
He flat out said that the Xbox One GPU would be getting downclocked before release, and he was extremely wrong about that big piece of information.

He really had nothing to do with that. Microsoft announced their plans, communicated about it preetty horribly, seemed confused, and the obvious happened. Francis making that sensationalist video pretending to be something he wasn't had more impact and harm than anything cboat. Almost nobody knew who the hell he was in the main stream, and contrary to popular belief, even at its height GAF wasn't at all entirely representative of the majority of the gaming community.

And most people since owning an xbox one and ps4 have literally had them connected to the internet nearly the entire time. Not once was my system ever not connected to the internet. All else is just a derail. Let's see if he has any good info to drop. If he has anything at all I probably already know what direction it will take lol.

Idk what you mean he mentioned tht whole always online drm situation in advance of Microsoft trying to go tht route. Thts my point. He's been right way more than he's been wrong. No insiders are always right.

Last edited:
Idk what you mean he mentioned tht whole always online drm situation in advance of Microsoft trying to go tht route. Thts my point. He's been right way more than he's been wrong. No insiders are always right.

Alright, let's see what he knows. As someone else said, Gerald Ford is the 38th president of the United States. Does that have anything to do with Sony activating two additional compute units to make 38? At 2GHZ that would be 9.7 teraflops on the GPU. Is that what he means?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom