• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
No but I’m all seriousness I’m usually good at seeing shit but I can’t see anything in the cape on my phone other than PS5?

Do I need to cross my eyes or what?
A hint: have more faith, people.

BCgsgcn.gif

Last edited:

M-V2

Why would software sales be affected when the PS5 will play PS4 games?
If they announce BC with enhancements, people will feel comfortable buying PS4 games now, knowing the next box will still play them.
It's not about the sales only, it's about the community focus, they don't wanna shift that focus from their biggest titles.

I just want an announcement. Announcement of announcement is also fine. Sony just give us a date to wait for even if it’s 2 or 3 or 4 months away. Just give us an official date for the love of god.
I’ve been saying this for a while now. Either Sony doesn’t know when they are revealing the box, which I doubt, or they’re just enjoying putting their hardcore fans through this daily torture of expecting some kind of communication from them, when they know that is far along from happening. I just don’t get why they can’t give us some kind of timeline, and “over the coming months“ was too vague.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
FranXico FranXico absolutely this. PS5 already has at the very least PS4 support and will at the very least play them at pro levels of quality, if not more.

Going all in with info about PS5 won’t hurt sales of it. In fact I would say it would likely push them through the roof, because people will say “fuck a duck they look like this now?! What will the ps5 do!”

BG's answer naturally invites you to speculate again - and that's what this thread is for.

But if he almost lost his job saying that the PS5 has the better performance but less TF, it could mean that the PS5 may actually have less TF than the XSeX and would like to keep it secret, at least until the tear downs come .

There can be many reasons why the performance is better, but that doesn't mean that the hypothetical TF advantage of the XSeX doesn't pay off when the consoles go on sale.
lol of all the outcomes from his post u got that?lol he almost lost his job because he talked too much not because he lied . if he would lie he wouldnt almost break NDA and there would be no punishment for it. and no 9 TF cannot outperform 12 tf under any circumstances

PaNaMa

Banned
So PS5 《 XSX < PS5 Pro - and Lockheart may or may not come to market. Is that about right?

MS 12 TF bomba was known or suspected for months inside SOE, which incentivized Sony to try and get more power out of PS5 with mad clocks. Sony tried that but it wasnt viable (screaming fans, heat etc) and is instead speeding up the time table on PS5 Pro model to compete with Series X out of the gates.

Am I close, insiders?

BGs

Industry Professional
I only see 'PS5' in the cape.

I was not going to say it because I found it quite sickly, but from this Gif you can also extrapolate a "number".

Do you want yo play?

There is more information than is seen (not a joke). But it is not easy. Whoever finds out will earn a personalized avatar image for me, at the choice of the winner (what bullshit, right?).

It is not valid to guess only the number (which can be integer or floating). You must also reason your deduction.

Time ends when official PS5 data comes out.

I was not going to say it because I found it quite sickly, but from this Gif you can also extrapolate a "number".

Do you want yo play?

There is more information than is seen (not a joke). But it is not easy. Whoever finds out will earn a personalized avatar image for me, at the choice of the winner (what bullshit, right?).

It is not valid to guess only the number (which can be integer or floating). You must also reason your deduction.

👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 lets get to it detective gaff

Zefros

Neo Member
Guys be patient. I dont think anyone has a date for the reveal and im 100% that if anyone has it it will be around 2-3 days right before they send out invites. Dont trust anyone unless HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 or OsirisBlack OsirisBlack tells you " event is in x days". That means they have evidence of it.

When it comes to specs: Tommy Fisher Tommy Fisher come out and plaaaaaaayeaaaaa.

Anyways he is of my list. Osiris, hesenberg and bgs are the ones i will stick with until the reveal.

chilichote

lol of all the outcomes from his post u got that?lol he almost lost his job because he talked too much not because he lied . if he would lie he wouldnt almost break NDA and there would be no punishment for it. and no 9 TF cannot outperform 12 tf under any circumstances

I'm confused, where does it say that I think he lied?

On the contrary, I also think that he said too much.

And i don't mean 9 vs 12. Where in my post you get that?

Last edited:
I don’t think this has been posted here before, but changes Oberon went through from B0 (the stage it was at at time of Github leak) to E0 were more substantial than just minor tweaks. This AMD link shows that letter changes are actually model revisions, while the steppings are the number changes. So this chip went through 4 model revisions since Github, and each letter is given a new model number.

Last edited:

FranXico

I don’t think this has been posted here before, but changes Oberon went through from B0 (the stage it was at at time of Github leak) to E0 were more substantial than just minor tweaks. This AMD link shows that letter changes are actually model revisions, while the steppings are the number changes. So this chip went through 4 model revisions since Github, and each letter is given a new model number.

LIES! If it wasn't in the Github repo, it never happened! Waiting for unbiased confirmation from Leadbetter on this!

Neo Blaster

Why would software sales be affected when the PS5 will play PS4 games?
If they announce BC with enhancements, people will feel comfortable buying PS4 games now, knowing the next box will still play them.
It all depends on Sony charging for the enhancements or not. Besides, confirming PS5 will definitely have these enhancements may make uninformed people postpone this buy, maybe because they want a full PS5 version disk.

LED Guy?

Banned

Do you want yo play?

Is this it? Maybe that's her heart pointing to a 11 TF number? Or maybe a 12 TF number?

Shio

In my opinion, BGs BGs almost can't believe what Mark Cerny has done. It's so good that it's like he made a deal with the devil to get it.

Either that or PS5 is hot as hell and only the devil would have made such a horrible pile of shit 😂

To me it looks like Cerny has tamed the beast into a graceful being, something which is assumed to be hot, powerful and uncontrollable into a delicate, controlled thing which can be handled by a human without danger (cool), I think the eye signifies that it's so unbelievable that one can't even close their eyes for fear of missing this event, yet ones mind cannot fathom how it was done.

Do you want yo play?

It would be too obvious but the S on PS5 is also a 2 as in RDNA2 or 2 Ghz. Did I win?

Maybe it doesn't come to mind anymore, many pages have gone by, but I think it's being a bit unfair, especially with some Insiders.

In addition, I have received some PM in the last hours and, based on all this, I would like to make some things clear.

The job of an Insider is not to give information. It is true that there are several types of information:

- The one that comes directly to you.
- The one that comes to you indirectly.

If the information reaches me directly and I publish it, I am risking my position. That is why, for example, I did not come here to give information, I already made it clear in my first message. I am not paid to give information. And it is the information I can give at that time, neither more nor less. And I give it for courtesy, not for obligation. Who says "here," I say "anywhere."

Similarly, many Insiders have information that does not compromise them but does compromise their sources. And that must be respected.

I do not know everyone, nor their intentions, but I find it hard to believe that some risk their positions for some photos. I think something else must be behind that explains the situation. Likewise I have not been able to follow the case in real time and I don't know exactly what happened (if someone can summarize it to me) but I am sure it will be solved in the best way.

You should also understand that, although silence is frustrating and information is scarce, it is not as easy as not saying a name. If an information comes out, it ends up knowing where it came from.

I have signed confidentiality papers. And therefore, the confidants of Osiris (for example) also (surely).

With all this we go to mistakes. As I can't come here to say anything exact, I can't go wrong either. My only mistake would be to tell the exact truth. And it would be a mistake because that would involve getting into legal trouble. I don't care at all if someone here believes me or not. I worry about choosing the right words to say the maximum allowed without any legal repercussion. And as I have said once in public and in private, the only time I said clearly that one was better than the other at a certain moment, it almost cost me my job. And that won't happen again. Similarly, if Osiris compromises your information, it will be compromising its sources. Seriously.

It's bullshit? Yes. It's crap. But that's what there is. It is either this or absolute silence.

I am sure that if there are no more "public" Insiders it is not because they do not want to but because they cannot.

Therefore, the only thing that can be done is to give you the information in a way that is not direct and in which you should know how to interpret. Some will interpret it well, and others will misinterpret it. I understand that those who misinterpret it will feel frustrated and deceived. But that's what there is. You can only give one guide. I cannot allow a story to appear on the Internet that says "I have said that ...". So I give you examples (or similes) for you to interpret.

If an Insider goes out to say exact things, it is because he can do it and because he is allowed to. If you ever see real publications ahead of time, I am sure they will not come from any Insider, unless you want to compromise someone.

The rest is called leaks, and they are anonymous. And the risk they have is that being anonymous can be true or false. And that's where the logic of each individual comes into play.

Logically many clauses are falling as information appears, and therefore, in those cases I can be a little more direct and affirm or deny things, since in that case I am not the origin of the information and I literally cover my back. The same must happen with other informants. And in other cases the information is denied by its own weight and logic and I only confirm the obvious (as has already happened). Similarly, what I can't say today, maybe tomorrow I can. But in any case, it will always be subject to your interpretation.

Yesterday I commented with some users by private. I can give you a Gif about my vision and you are the ones who have to interpret it.

giphy.gif

The fact that after this, some draw wrong conclusions is everyone's problem.

In the same way. Saying one thing does not mean denying another. That is, saying that PS5 is great does not mean that the XSX is automatically crap. And the same in reverse.

I know what everyone wants to know. But you have to understand that I am not willing to lose my job because of it. Similarly, people who give information to OsirisBlack OsirisBlack trust him. And so it should be.

I hope you can understand what I am trying to convey. Do not be so demanding with those who bring you information. since for better or worse, try to make your wait more enjoyable or pleasant. Everywhere there are malicious people, but I think they are well known.

Cheers

If this message does not have the desired effect I think it will be my last "long" message.
Motherfuckin best post of the thread.

et3rn1tyGR

Neo Member
Maybe it doesn't come to mind anymore, many pages have gone by, but I think it's being a bit unfair, especially with some Insiders.

In addition, I have received some PM in the last hours and, based on all this, I would like to make some things clear.

The job of an Insider is not to give information. It is true that there are several types of information:

If the information reaches me directly and I publish it, I am risking my position. That is why, for example, I did not come here to give information, I already made it clear in my first message. I am not paid to give information. And it is the information I can give at that time, neither more nor less. And I give it for courtesy, not for obligation. Who says "here," I say "anywhere."

Similarly, many Insiders have information that does not compromise them but does compromise their sources. And that must be respected.

I do not know everyone, nor their intentions, but I find it hard to believe that some risk their positions for some photos. I think something else must be behind that explains the situation. Likewise I have not been able to follow the case in real time and I don't know exactly what happened (if someone can summarize it to me) but I am sure it will be solved in the best way.

You should also understand that, although silence is frustrating and information is scarce, it is not as easy as not saying a name. If an information comes out, it ends up knowing where it came from.

I have signed confidentiality papers. And therefore, the confidants of Osiris (for example) also (surely).

With all this we go to mistakes. As I can't come here to say anything exact, I can't go wrong either. My only mistake would be to tell the exact truth. And it would be a mistake because that would involve getting into legal trouble. I don't care at all if someone here believes me or not. I worry about choosing the right words to say the maximum allowed without any legal repercussion. And as I have said once in public and in private, the only time I said clearly that one was better than the other at a certain moment, it almost cost me my job. And that won't happen again. Similarly, if Osiris compromises your information, it will be compromising its sources. Seriously.

It's bullshit? Yes. It's crap. But that's what there is. It is either this or absolute silence.

I am sure that if there are no more "public" Insiders it is not because they do not want to but because they cannot.

Therefore, the only thing that can be done is to give you the information in a way that is not direct and in which you should know how to interpret. Some will interpret it well, and others will misinterpret it. I understand that those who misinterpret it will feel frustrated and deceived. But that's what there is. You can only give one guide. I cannot allow a story to appear on the Internet that says "I have said that ...". So I give you examples (or similes) for you to interpret.

If an Insider goes out to say exact things, it is because he can do it and because he is allowed to. If you ever see real publications ahead of time, I am sure they will not come from any Insider, unless you want to compromise someone.

The rest is called leaks, and they are anonymous. And the risk they have is that being anonymous can be true or false. And that's where the logic of each individual comes into play.

Logically many clauses are falling as information appears, and therefore, in those cases I can be a little more direct and affirm or deny things, since in that case I am not the origin of the information and I literally cover my back. The same must happen with other informants. And in other cases the information is denied by its own weight and logic and I only confirm the obvious (as has already happened). Similarly, what I can't say today, maybe tomorrow I can. But in any case, it will always be subject to your interpretation.

Yesterday I commented with some users by private. I can give you a Gif about my vision and you are the ones who have to interpret it.

giphy.gif

In the same way. Saying one thing does not mean denying another. That is, saying that PS5 is great does not mean that the XSX is automatically crap. And the same in reverse.

I know what everyone wants to know. But you have to understand that I am not willing to lose my job because of it. Similarly, people who give information to OsirisBlack OsirisBlack trust him. And so it should be.

I hope you can understand what I am trying to convey. Do not be so demanding with those who bring you information. since for better or worse, try to make your wait more enjoyable or pleasant. Everywhere there are malicious people, but I think they are well known.

Cheers

If this message does not have the desired effect I think it will be my last "long" message.
Hi man
First of all 2 points about me
a) im not a native english speaker and
b) im lurking this thread for a long time and just recently registered so i may post my thoughts...your post is a good place to start

Having said the above ...thank you for all the information you gave/give us.

I have a genuine question about all this insider/leaker etc think that going on not only here in neogaf but other sites as well. I dont know if you can answer me but its an open question to everyone besides you.

Im sincerely buffled how can you risk your job for telling for example one console is better than the other. I mean surely there are 100s of people/developers etc that have dev kits in their offices. How can anyone trace you back to the job (unless your account is know to be you somehow.)

I mean i try to puy myself in the place of an insider. If i had access to some widely know info (for example ps5 tf power ) and know that people OTHER than my self know this...how could they trace it back to me?
Lets say i work in ubisoft...i know the tf count ...surely there are more colleagues in other companies (example cd project/ea/) that have the same info.

I can understand professional courtesy but i cannot understand how can they track my saying back to me (unless im stupid and use for example work pc to post the info)

Can you please explain this (if its possible?) or to that matter anyone in here have any input?

I believe the reason for not having any leaks is that people just dont care to feed neogaf or any other enthousiast site simple as that. Not that they will get caught in the act.

Please do understand im not saying you are not telling the truth and i really appreciate your information. Please stay safe. Job+family priority always.

[/QUOTE]

giphy.gif

Cheers

Not to be egomaniac, just to be egomaniac, this is what I said:
Then get hired by Sony or buy viagra. Even "big" guys like Jason do not offers absolute evidence of what they are saying, maybe because they are full of shit or because they just can't due to practical reasons.
Insiders do not exist to give up their job and connections on Internet, they are jurnalists or developers which, as a mere plus, share some infos. They do it because they KNOW they are true or just for trolling, to them proving something is irrelevant both ways, that's it.

Yes, I agree with you.

Last edited:
LIES! If it wasn't in the Github repo, it never happened! Waiting for unbiased confirmation from Leadbetter on this!
Lol...and even if you don’t believe 4 model revisions are substantial, then you have to believe Oberon was RDNA2 from the very beginning, which I think is a big stretch.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
So looking at the video, there is a team of people, three in fact, and the A Team debuted in 1983, so 3 x 1983 is 5949.

They touched a finger. So that would make 5950. But there is the colour red in the video, and red in RGB is 255, 255, 255. 255 x 3 is 765. So 5950 + 765 = 6715.

But... there were two eyes. So times 6715 by 2 and you get 13,430.

Now, the first letter of the alpha bet is A. The third is C. The fourth is D. The third again C. And 0 in this case stands for the letter O. That ACDO. Which is an anagram of “A COD”.

The last COD as you all know sold 4.6 million units. And released on 2 consoles.

Which means if you multiply 4.6 by 2 you get...

HANG ON A MINUTE...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom