• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
IIRC he said both were aiming for more than stadia’s 10.7. Which I think with Navi architecture, they’ve accomplished that and then some

edit: beaten by enigma
tenor.gif

ethomaz

Banned
IIRC he said both were aiming for more than stadia’s 10.7. Which I think with Navi architecture, they’ve accomplished that and then some
I found it.

It was about target and not he making a claim.
And he put it between " " that mean it was not literally 10.7TFs but more like Stadia power... maybe based in different archs like RDNA vs GCN.

Last edited:

Thedtrain

I found it.

It was about target and not he making a claim.
And he put it between " " that mean it was not literally 10.7TFs... maybe based in different archs like RDNA vs GCN.
Yeah, regardless he usually doesn’t put his name to anything unless it’s 100%

Msamy

I think we see the box and a select few games to really show off the hardware.

I do not think we get a price, UI or anything about back compat.
I think we are gonna see more gameplay videos than cinematics ,that journalist who leaked event date , said that Sony want most games at the event to run in real hardware, which mean most of what we are gonna see are gameplay video's, I expect it to be 2 -2,30 hours long

THE:MILKMAN

Quick follow-up to the PlayStation event news:

- Focus will be next-gen games running on PS5 hardware
- Don't expect details on price or an exact date
- next event is a State Of Play scheduled for early August; focuses on next-gen and current-gen games

Yeah I'm thinking we do get to see the games running on the console itself otherwise they'll be two questions:

1, Were the games really running on PS5 HW?
2, Where's the box!?

Keep in mind production is almost certainly underway and surely they don't want to risk a PS3 slim-like leak again.

Also if there is a SoP video in early August for games only then next week is the only realistic chance to show the design off. ONL at Gamescom is where they'll probably do the UI etc as with PS4 plus the price if Microsoft haven't forced their hand before.

FeiRR

Banned
Does that bar land right where your fingers lie? Wondered that
It lands exactly where I keep my middle fingers, makes me adjust the grip a little and isn't very comfortable. But the biggest problem is I constantly forget to use the extra buttons because... years of muscle memory training, I think. Like I still catch myself trying to shift gears even though I've had an automatic gearbox for 2 years.

Thedtrain

It lands exactly where I keep my middle fingers, makes me adjust the grip a little and isn't very comfortable. But the biggest problem is I constantly forget to use the extra buttons because... years of muscle memory training, I think. Like I still catch myself trying to shift gears even though I've had an automatic gearbox for 2 years.
Haha for years after I got rid of my wrx I randomly found myself pushing an imaginary clutch in to start a car 🤦🏻‍♂️
I still think I’d like it for FPS’s

thanks for the input

ethomaz

Banned
J.Schreier said literally:
The only thing to know for sure is that both Sony and Microsoft are aiming higher than that "10.7 teraflops" number that Google threw out last week.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ne...ecret-sauces-spicing-2019.91830/post-19279014

He wasn't talking more powerful, he was talking about the teraflop number specifically.
He was talking about target and not TFs number but the Stadia power... that is why it is between " "... not liberally 10.7TFs.
Nothing he said in that post was non-accurate.

Last edited:
He was talking about target and not TFs number but the Stadia power... that is why it is between " "... not liberally 10.7TFs.
To me, 10.3 teraflops is not higher than the 10.7 teraflops number of stadia. It's more powerful, because it's a better architecture, but it's not a higher teraflop number.

Sinthor

Gold Member
And Sony fans are refusing to look at the wording. This statement in no way says the demo can’t run on series x.

If it is this simple why hasn’t epic simply said this demo can’t run on series x?

Dude, seriously? Look, I'm not picking on or addressing this just to you, ok? But this has been gone over ad nauseam. THAT particular demo with THOSE ASSETS, Epic said could only be done with the PS5 due to the I/O requirements. OF COURSE the demo can run on anything....UE5 is a damn multi-platform engine! Just stop with the being obtuse already, people.

Epic said those assets with that demo would only work on PS5. They never said you couldn't run it on other platforms including XSX. Just probably needing different assets. Everyone has said this. I haven't seen ANYONE say that the XSX would never be able to run that demo or UE5. Just not THAT specific demo with THOSE specific assets. Period.

Can we stop with this shit now?

What we all NEED to see if we want to compare the two systems is the same code or demo running on multiple platforms. THEN we can pick and choose which hardware does what best. For now, all we have to go on is what Epic said, and THAT IS WHAT THEY SAID.

FeiRR

Banned
Is Stadia RDNA2? I don't even remember what they said. It's as dead as new features in my Google Home. They totally suck at service development.

Corndog

Banned
Epic can't say that since one of the strongest advantage of their engine is its scalability, so what Epic already explained is that demo could run even on a mobile phone, but it would be scaled down to fit the hardware's capabilities in terms of IO settings, etc ala Youtube. Same thing would happen on Xbox Series X since the demo was meant for IO complex and SSD's velocity of the PS5 which are superior to what Xbox SeriesX offers.
Now if Epic made this demo based on Xbox Series X's advantages, PS5 wouldn't probably reproduce 1:1 the demo, too.
It's not that hard to understand finally.
They could say will run at the same quality. There. Now there is no concern about cell phones or anything else. In my opinion the reason this point isn’t clear is they don’t want it to be.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Yeah I'm thinking we do get to see the games running on the console itself otherwise they'll be two questions:

1, Were the games really running on PS5 HW?
2, Where's the box!?

Keep in mind production is almost certainly underway and surely they don't want to risk a PS3 slim-like leak again.

Also if there is a SoP video in early August for games only then next week is the only realistic chance to show the design off. ONL at Gamescom is where they'll probably do the UI etc as with PS4 plus the price if Microsoft haven't forced their hand before.

Sony has been the kings of live demo gameplay and showing gameplay on hardware from uncharted 2 and forward. Most this stuff will be on hardware they don't really believe in live action bs or cutscenes, thyll throw an orchestra/symphony at you to get you in the mood then blast your retinas with actual gameplay 😂😂😂🔥🔥🔥

HAL-01

To me, 10.3 teraflops is not higher than the 10.7 teraflops number of stadia. It's more powerful, because it's a better architecture, but it's not a higher teraflop number.
And that’s why teraflops are pretty useless as a metric of power between generations. Stadia is GCN. I remember earlier in the thread someone mentioned 10 RDNA teraflops were equal to around 15 GCN Teraflops

SSfox

WhC6NO6.jpg

"Nathan Drake zbrush sculpt in max fidelity by Frank Tszeng at Naughty Dog. If ND can recreate UE5 tech of lossless assets, we could expect this level of detail in gameplay on ps5."

While it looks very realstic graphics wise, but i wasn't super big fan for this super duper realistic direction for Uncharted 4 aesthetically, still love the game but imo it lacks its little cartoonish touch that the first Unchrated games had, this super realistic / No cartoonish is awesome in its own and works amazingly for many kind of games, like works perfectly for a game like TLOU to just name this game, but for Uncharted a little cartoonish touch would be welcome.

Last edited:
This is indistinguishable from a real life human.
Not gaming-related but this is in the same league and even better, in my opinion. Easily the best computer human I've ever seen.

The final image was rendered using the RTX graphic cards from Nvidia with V-Ray's new GPU RTX render engine.

No scans were used. Modelled and textured in Maya and Mudbox, touch ups done in Photoshop.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I don't expect said Tweet today unless the leaks just force their hand.

Damn I said page 2035 for the announcement I missed...

If we could shave some useless posts claiming that the UE5 demo will work better on XSX and Sweeney is bribed by Sony and the SSD + I/O of PS5 is just an overkill then I guess you are right at 2035.

But you know, shit happens.

Last edited:

xacto

If we could shave some useless posts claiming that the UE5 demo will work better on XSX and Sweeney is bribed by Sony and the SSD + I/O of PS5 is just an overkill then I guess you are right at 2035.

But you know, shit happens.

Yes, and in a parallel universe, UE5 was shown to run only on Xbox and ResetEra was a paragon of virtue regarding all things console tech 😂

Sinthor

Gold Member
OH MY GOD those animations of the last of us 2 :lollipop_smiling_hearts:

I'm amazed that game is a PS4 title. From what I've seen and the delays, I was honestly expecting them to end up announcing it as a PS5 launch title or something. It looks AMAZING. Now, I just hope they didn't completely hose the story! I can't wait for this one to download! I ordered it digitally on the store since I wasn't sure I'd even be able to go into a store.

ANIMAL1975

One week is nothing compared to four months.
What if they told you it is tomorrow?....

O tempo não passa mano, vai ser uma eternidade!
SonGoku SonGoku is coming back tonight!
Welcome back breh! Why are you always asking for bans dude, yu crazy 🤪
And Sony fans are refusing to look at the wording. This statement in no way says the demo can’t run on series x.

If it is this simple why hasn’t epic simply said this demo can’t run on series x?
You have real reading comprehension problems

But of course you gonna spin it again,... like a broken record.

I'm amazed that game is a PS4 title. From what I've seen and the delays, I was honestly expecting them to end up announcing it as a PS5 launch title or something. It looks AMAZING. Now, I just hope they didn't completely hose the story! I can't wait for this one to download! I ordered it digitally on the store since I wasn't sure I'd even be able to go into a store.
I preorder the steelbook because I started time ago to develop a love for those kinds of editions .... except for the edition of Cyberpunk I am not not fan of that art style in the steelbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom