• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, i figured it out. both 800% view from the original pics that Bo uploaded.

Halo
M3RP3dd.png

DS:
8YXwTI8.png

The tricky thing about Halo is that I believe they said "up to 4K" so It might not be 4K the entire time. While Demon Souls is using a locked resolution for both modes if I'm not wrong.

In fact, according to the YouTube channel of the series, it seems that Infinite will not have a resolution that is UHD native on the Xbox Series X “on the Xbox Series the X will run at 60FPS and at a resolution of up to 4K”.

Last edited:
Just for fun guys, use your use, trust your eyes. I'll use 2 screenshots, one is claimed by DF to be native 4K (Halo Infinite), and another claimed to be 1440p with no evidence but BS (Demon's Souls), and will chop the screenshot:

Halo Infinite:

vlcsnap-2020-09-28-00h00m55s733.png

Demon's Souls:

vlcsnap-2020-09-28-00h01m46s240.png

Now let's crop 300x300 pixel out of 3840x2160

dsc1.jpg

dsc1-1.png

Now Halo, the same:

hic1.jpg

hic1-1.png

Where is the fucking native 4K here in that blurry mess?

Ok, let's try another one.

vlcsnap-2020-09-28-00h18m25s787.png

300x300

hic2.jpg

hic2-1.png

Yup, you can count that easily.

Now again, Demon's Souls

dsc1-1.png

How the fuck you gonna measure that?

Go back to the original PNG's posted above, and zoom for yourself. Yes, DF 1440p is BS, they're not used to this level of quality.
Halo infinate has a very inconsistent shaders and alot of 2d low res spirits in the distance. It reminds me of PS2 games.

The tricky thing about Halo is that I believe they said "up to 4K" so It might not be 4K the entire time. While Demon Souls is using a locked resolution for both modes if I'm not wrong.

woot, but everyone is saying it's native. anyhow. this is a better ds 800% view for pure pixel count purpose

OgjiB1z.png

Neo Blaster

You have seen the prices of the new pci4 nvme drives right???.....their base prices start at the same price as that expensive expansion slot

personally I hope you can move games from an external drive to internal as u use them as both solutions cost almost half the price of the consoles
Yep, but for the price of XSS+card you could get a XSX. At least both PS5 versions have more storage than XSS, not even mentioning machine capabilities.

sircaw

Banned
Whats wrong with us Aussies?

i have met a couple of Aussies in my life, no disrespect, but it's kinda a good thing you guys are isolated out there.

Fucking NUTTAS i tell ya "lollipop_disappointed:
Even there Shelias are crazy,
All their animals look fucking weird.
Their snakes, spiders,cane toads, box jelly fish, bullet ants all that shit are some of the nastiest things on the planet too.

And then there are their Cricketers, worse than god damn Liverpool scum. Is that even possible.

Other than that, i love you, your dirty dingo. Wave. :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
Ok I'll make it easier for you, 800%:

Why the fuck Demon's Souls having more/smaller pixels? Is it now 8K? Or Halo was already 1440p but DF were too tired?
The image in Halo does have a high pixel count, but it looks a lot more smudged. If you are taking the Halo footage from YouTube, there will be a higher level of compression than in the Demon's Souls video (which was uploaded at a very high bitrate). Otherwise, it's probably a combination of poorer texture quality and VRS (possibly even affecting shaders and not meshes, so that geometries are full quality but their coloring is done at a lower resolution - I don't know how it works or is set up in this specific case).

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The image in Halo does have a high pixel count, but it looks a lot more smudged. If you are taking the Halo footage from YouTube, there will be a higher level of compression than in the Demon's Souls video (which was uploaded at a very high bitrate). Otherwise, it's probably a combination of poorer texture quality and VRS (possibly even affecting shaders and not meshes, so that geometries are full quality but their coloring is done at a lower resolution - I don't know how it works or is set up in this specific case).

I'm sorry, mate, both are from youtube. Demon's Souls video is 751MB, Halo Infinite is 1.51GB.

Use firefox with

YouTube Video and Audio Downloader (Dev Edt.)

extension, and you'll install further patches to merge WebM audio with WebM video.

And The crop shows that DS has double the pixles of that same 800% crop from Halo, which proves that Halo is 1440p but the poor DF snowflakes can't say that.

HAL-01

To be fair, maybe it is 1440p but is being SuperSampled with AI. ( Yet to be released AMD secret sauce comparable to DLSS 2.0 )

1440p DLSS 2.0 looks better and sharper in Death Stranding than Native 4K... While ALSO having better framerate. I'd honestly prefer 1440p supersampled with higher frame rates than native 4K.

But I dont get the 'No RT'. It looks like they have raytracing but I'm not an expert
It could even be some form of temporal upsampling similar to what Insomniac did for spiderman. Either form of upscaling looks great, so I see no reason not to believe DF's 1440p count if that's the route Bluepoint decided to go for.
It actually bodes really well for MM, Ratchet & Clank and any future "performance" modes in games. You can count on them looking nearly identical to their fidelity modes, just at double the framerate.

As for RT, they didn't say no RT, they just didn't want to get ahead of themselves. There seem to be a number of different techniques used, from baked shadows on environments, to traditional shadow maps, and even a few of the soft shadows on characters could be high quality capsule shadows. They'll probably wait until they got hands on with the game to get a closer look.

Jerm411

Still think it’s crazy how we are 6 weeks from launch and still haven’t seen any series X gameplay.

Still think it’s crazy how we are 6 weeks from launch and we still haven’t seen the PS5 UI, any semblance of Quick Resume or Smart Delivery, a tear down of the console, or any changes to PS Plus.

See I can do this FUD nonsense too....

sircaw

Banned
Still think it’s crazy how we are 6 weeks from launch and we still haven’t seen the PS5 UI, any semblance of Quick Resume or Smart Delivery, a tear down of the console, or any changes to PS Plus.

See I can do this FUD nonsense too....

Don't you think not seeing games running on a console that is so close to launch is a bit worrying?

I do think its a bit strange especially since good old truthful reliable Phil spencer said he had a console up and running in his home a century ago.. What's going on.

X files reboot incoming, AGAIN

Last edited:

Jerm411

Don't you think not seeing games running on a console that is so close to launch is a bit worrying?

I do think its a bit strange especially since good old truthful reliable Phil spencer said he had a console up and running in his home. What's going on.

You’re right...it’s over, it’ll be a 720p/15fps console and they’re hiding it.

Wait what if it blows up the first time I boot a game up...?

Bo_Hazem

Banned

I do think its a bit strange especially since good old truthful reliable Phil spencer said he had a console up and running in his home a century ago.. What's going on.

Imagine comparing no games running on actual HW to seeing UI. Bullshit Has No Limits.:lollipop_flores:

Jerm411

To me, I think teardown around RDNA 2 reveal,
UI probably early November.
But soon, all will be revealed.

I wasn’t even being serious...just was trying to make a point.

None of that shit matters to me, just like I don’t need 35 hrs. of XSX gameplay before launch.

Yeah, Halo pixels are subtle, like distracted pixels.

Neo Blaster

Not aimed at you, but there has been a lot of unfounded doubt on this forum in general about MS and Xbox with regard to the console market.

I mean the full backing of the MS CEO, elevation of Phil Spencer within MS, the hardware group designing multiple consoles at once, acquisitions the last 2 years, growing internal studios to 2 or more teams, purchasing studio buildings, and even before the Bethesda purchase people still doubted the commitment to console? I mean pretty sure the last time i saw someone post something stupid about "reasons why MS are getting out of the console biz" was only a few months ago. This has now switched to "MS is going third party". It's the reason i pushed back on it as something i always thought didn't make sense. Been almost 20 years for MS in the console biz, and it makes billions in revenue. Its one of the lone sectors of the software industry still growing. Why would they want to do anything (intentionally) to impact this? I do remember don mattrick and he was fired for messing up.

Just because they are using game pass as a reason for many of these moves/changes, doesn't mean they were not committed to console. MS is committed to PC, but they still make PC high-end notebooks and other hardware that they sell software on.
All this text, yet you didn't show a single reason why anyone should grab a console from MS on November 10th. If anything, Xbox is living on future promises, it's 'wait for E3' all over again.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
You’re right...it’s over, it’ll be a 720p/15fps console and they’re hiding it.

Wait what if it blows up the first time I boot a game up...?

what a ridiculous thing to say, why so on the bloody defensive at a simple question, its not like i serveredd a limb from you.

I am not happy we have not had a breakdown from sony yet, there, its ok, you can criticize your beloved piece of hardware without the sky falling on your head.

Last edited:

Geruda065

Ah, where were you when ps5 rdna 1.5 fud were around. Man, I just drafted a nice article about XSX gpu actually is rdna 1.1 based on the clock speed, shader layout and yields. took me so much time bro. Can’t shut me down like this easily :lollipop_sad_relieved:

/jk
Here we go with "based" again. You can argue this both ways. Its a vague term at best. Same when ps5 got hardware BASED ray tracing. Why not just say we got hardware raytracing? Same with this custom rdna. Why not say we have rdna 2? But its based on rdna 2 that can cover so many thing. It can mean anything.

Jerm411

what a ridiculous thing to say, why so on the bloody defensive at a simple question, its not like i served a limb from you.

I am not happy we have not had a breakdown from sony yet, there, its ok, you can criticize your beloved piece of hardware without the sky falling on your head.

It’s straight up concern trolling and you know it...just like the post I made was, THAT’S THE POINT.

ethomaz

Banned
UPDATED:

Just for fun guys, use your use, trust your eyes. I'll use 2 screenshots, one is claimed by DF to be native 4K (Halo Infinite), and another claimed to be 1440p with no evidence but BS (Demon's Souls), and will chop the screenshot:

Demon's Souls:

Halo Infinite:

800%:

Why DS is having more pixels, smaller? It's either DS is 8K or Halo is 1440p but DF were too tired to acknowledge!
To be fair Halo textures go low like 720p.

sircaw

Banned
It’s straight up concern trolling and you know it...just like the post I made was, THAT’S THE POINT.

What, wtf is concerned trolling, is a genuine question the guys asked.

We are what 6 weeks out from launch and have not seen gameplay, that is a legit question you should be asking, What kind of consumer are you?

If you ever buy a car from the car dealership and least take it out for a spin and check whats in the boot ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom