• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-generation Pinball FX announced

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A “new, next-generation version” of Pinball FX is currently in development for release in 2021, developer Zen Studios announced.

Here is an overview of the project, via Zen Studios:

Zen’s most ambitious pinball project to date, Pinball FX will introduce Pinball Royale, a frantically exciting multiplayer action mode incorporating battle royale-style gameplay. The game will also feature a new Career mode, challenge modes, a clan system, enhanced visuals and more. Leagues, tournaments and competitive play have been retooled to bring the community together in unique ways, and live events and seasonal content will mean there’s always something new going on. In addition, Zen will introduce original tables featuring brand-new intellectual properties, which will be revealed in the future.

Last edited:
Back when I took a couple year hiatus from mainstream gaming, I still continued to play Pinball FX and Pinball Arcade pretty regularly. I'm excited for any new announcements from Zen Studios, but I hope they don't further deviate from the core gameplay that made many of their early tables popular. The tables already look great so it'll be interesting to see what they can do with all the extra power of a modern console.

CamHostage

Those Arcade1UP game machines haven't been compelling enough to get me to pay up (although the price is really great on those,) but I could really see myself owning a digital pinball machine if it worked with Pinball FX and/or the other pinball apps out there. Sharpin has out for something like $350 that looks like a nice party accessory (and having a bonus machine around the house for playing tate-mode games would be sweet.)

Top Bottom