• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Mass Effect 3 DLC has "high potential for tears"

Tears indeed.

BioWare is already working on the next story DLC for Mass Effect 3, the first details of which have appeared online.

While we don't know the name or proposed release date of the new content patch, we do know that BioWare is enlisting the helping of several names that have previously been involved in the series.

In a post on the BioWare forums, designer Jos Hendriks explained that a team of about eight writers were penning the script, most of whom had worked on some aspect of the game before, saying, "It's all hands on deck for this one. Pretty much every ME3 DLC writer here in Edmonton is involved. (which would include both Patrick Weekes AND John Dombrow)."

While that handles the story of the game, what about the music? Well, it seems series veteran Sam Hulick is set to return to score the new DLC, tweeting last night, "What I'm up to lately: working on an unannounced Mass Effect 3 DLC! More details on this coming later on."

Hulick has previously worked on the first and second Mass Effect games, as well as Mass Effect 3, though he was noticeably absent from the soundtrack for the recent Leviathan and Omega expansions. He also dropped in a little tease about what he's planning on bringing to the table this time, tweeting, "Tossing in piano and muted strings for this one particular piece. High potential for tears. #ME3DLC"

The final piece of info we have covers some of the voice actors that are set to return. It seems Seth Green, who's voiced Normandy pilot Joker since the series began is back as BioWare producer and voice director Caroline Livingstone tweeted him to say, "@SethGreen thank you for yet another fantastic session. And thank you for being such a kind person. You are lovely!"

Additionally, Raphael Sbarge who voices squadmate Kaiden Alenko tweeted back in October that he was recording new lines for the game. With none of the squadmates appearing in Omega, it looks like this was also for the unnamed upcoming DLC.

This will be the fifth major single-player DLC pack BioWare has released for Mass Effect 3. With such a host of big names being called back in, do you reckon this could be the studio planning to see the title off with a bang?

Source

New onion squadmate?

C'MOOOON they already did Alenko's goodbye! It was just fine! It was the 10 minutes that followed that were unbelievably bad. Hopefully this will be the last DLC, it takes away from the impact of it somewhat when we know where it's all heading.

Rapstah

Tossing in the piano could bring me to tears too. How would you clean it up afterwards?

Edit: Maybe Kaidan's voice actor is voicing the Carth-alike in the next ME game and they're using this DLC to bridge the games together.

Midou

I'm sure it will join To The Moon and The Walking Dead for truly emotional scenes in games. I mean Bioware has always been so good at that right?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand how they expect us to give a shit and even CRY about the characters. We already know the shitty ending, and we've been detached from everyone since March or so.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
It's probably the rumored(at least, I think I remember seeing it somewhere) citadel romance DLC scenario, given that all the writers are involved.

Your date gets interrupted by CERBERUS or something. Wonder if it'll be 15 bucks like Omega was.

Prove me wrong Bioware. Troll the shit out of everyone and have it be related at all to the ending.

Ugh, after this weeks bombcast, it sounds like the Mass Effect 3 DLC is kind of terrible and overpriced.

I bought like 2 of the Mass Effect 2 DLC's (only because they were half off and really wanted to play shadow broker), but these sound over priced and add nothing. Bioware basically has proven that DLC is not amazing most of the time with the whole Jarvik thing. I have not played any of the DLC because I am not willing to pay for it, but basically I am letting that color my relatively poor experience of Mass Effect 3 (I am not raging about it, but everyone can agree it was surely a middling experience at best) because out of the box, I guess this is how Bioware wanted me to play it, and that is how I did, so I missed the whole Protheon Jarvik content.

It's probably the rumored(at least, I think I remember seeing it somewhere) citadel romance DLC scenario, given that all the writers are involved.

Your date gets interrupted by CERBERUS or something. Wonder if it'll be 15 bucks like Omega was.

I'm sorry guys.

I'd probably pay for it V___V

Tizoc

If it's not a scenario where you go on a quest to
revive/ressurect Mordin
, it is a waste of time and coding.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Shepard gets a cute puppy which dies at the end, just like in every other piece of fiction involving cute puppies.

Then he see nightmares on puppies. The Catalyst then becomes a puppy.

The tears comment probably refer to the price of the next DLC. When people see Bioware asking $15 again for another Omega some will cry and some will laugh so hard they will cry.

They'll probably kill off another key character.
Joker.

... or
Liara
!

That would make me tear-up as they were the two characters i had most involvement with but of course that was before i got halfway through ME3 and i started caring about the characters as much as Bioware do.

I wonder if you get to choose which of three pretty piano musics is played?

Arjen

This will be the fifth major single-player DLC pack BioWare has released for Mass Effect 3.

Fifth? What did i miss between Leviathan and Omega? Or do they count weapon and costume packs as major DLC now?

Top Bottom