• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next OXM: Halo 4 Info & teaser pic for "A Truly Spectacular Reboot"/"A Killer Sequel"

Assassins creed 3?
Dragon age 3?

I doubt it's anything exciting :( also its also seemingly not exclusive so let's see what gets rumoured in the next few weeks.

Woffls

Hitman, surely? Or do they only do covers this vague for unannounced games?

[edit] "Must read first details" - Oh, something new then? Cool.

Really confused why people are thinking it's Hitman. Didn't that get revealed like 6 months ago? And we have gameplay videos, articles, pictures, etc?

There's another Hitman coming as well, not from IO, but it's way way too early to start talking about that.

But bringing back Kane & Lynch for a reboot could be a thing speaking of IO.

Hitman was revealed last year. There are a bunch of videos, pictures, and info on it already.

Love to believe this, but still not totally convinced a magazine wouldn't pull some "but this is the first PROPER unveiling/RE-unveiling" or some BS shenanigans.

But yeah hopefully you're right.

If it really is KI I'm guessing it's for XBLA. Alan Wake: AN set a precedent I think.

Zeliard

A reboot implies that the previous game

a) wasn't successful - critically, commercially, or both

and/or

b) came out a long enough time ago

Dunno that a lot of the franchises mentioned fit with the notion of a reboot.

DaBuddaDa

Sharp angled blood stain. Parchment? Beige/yellow cloth? Any of those visual themes match logos or imagery from an old game? I can't think of any. Sometimes, especially in Edge, you can accurately predict their teases based on the visual design without having much to work with.

There's no way this is a Kane and Lynch reboot. How would a nondescript blood spatter represent that IP?

Hey...Killer 8 was already in Killer 7. This would be Killer 9.

But Killer8 actually had a meaning for that game mode. Killer9 wouldn't make sense unless they just added another Smith Syndicate character, which would be stupid. Plus, again, you don't "reboot" an IP that had a single release.

Oh god, what if it's Thief 4?

EDIT: Beaten by Kifimbo.

429884922_c7faedef45.jpg

Reboot of Killing Time!

Xater

It's so not going to be a new Killer Instinct. Who would even make that? Rare? maybe if it's Kinect title. lol

Feindflug

How do you figure that? Nothing really indicates that. Actually, Killer Instinct is more likely given it's OXM.

Because there is not mention of exclusivity? also I'm pretty sure this is not the first time that a console specific magazine like OXM will reveal a multiplatform title...anyway Thief is also a possible candidate I guess.

Don't get me wrong I want this to be a new Killer Instinct as much as you do,
I just don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed again. :(

Blinx: The Timesweeper 2.

It would make people want to kill themselves.

This actually wouldn't be too bad if it was made by Twisted Pixel. :p

It's so not going to be a new Killer Instinct. Who would even make that? Rare? maybe if it's Kinect title. lol

Fruit ninja Kinect style input, slice and dice enemies as you see fit mixed with the boxing elements from Kinect Sports.

Summer of Arcade launch title.

LowerLevel

A reboot implies that the previous game

a) wasn't successful - critically, commercially, or both

and/or

b) came out a long enough time ago

Dunno that a lot of the franchises mentioned fit with the notion of a reboot.

Man, I was going to say Tenchu until I read this.

Zeliard

A new Manhunt would be fantastic, but I don't know how commercially viable that series is at this point. First game was quite a thing.

There's no way this is a Kane and Lynch reboot. How would a nondescript blood spatter represent that IP?

But Killer8 actually had a meaning for that game mode. Killer9 wouldn't make sense unless they just added another Smith Syndicate character, which would be stupid. Plus, again, you don't "reboot" an IP that had a single release.

Oh god, what if it's Thief 4?

EDIT: Beaten by Kifimbo.

I think you took my post a tad bit too serious lol

Leflus

Dragon Age: Arena

The Dragon Age we were always asking for. A multiplayer-focused Dragon Age with tons of blood, gore, grunting and awesome buttons.

Ramblin

Banned
I know this is an Xbox magazine so they don't care about Asia, but how did Skylanders take over the world when it hasn't been released in the continent with the most people in it?

Because of the revenue they provide being made there.

Nibel

Why do people always mention Killer Instinct? The Rare which made Killer Instinct isn't the Rare of today which creates Kinect games.

Top Bottom