• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next "Tales of " Wii - First Pic

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Since it was shown today - here a picture from the Conference. The Hero looks kinda strange for a Tales of game...don`t know.

Any other Pictures ot there/informations ?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
farnham said:
looks considerably worse then Tales of Symphonia 2

:lol :lol

Jesus, we have a single, blurry shot of a character, and we're ready to make that statement?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
farnham said:
I don't think that's possible considering ToS Wii looks considerably worse than Abyss already, unless it's a DS port of ToI. Shame it looks to be in 3D though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
schuelma said:
:lol :lol

Jesus, we have a single, blurry shot of a character, and we're ready to make that statement?

that`s what i thought :lol

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
farnham said:

70384439_ba1fd5b9de.jpg

That's...not 2D.

Looks like we are in for another ride in the awesome show that 'try to discover who the hell is working on this new tales game' is!

Paracelsus

*Paging Duckroll*

So, who's working on it? Is it supposed to be released in Spring 09, just like that rumor said?

Rpgmonkey

*Goes to 2ch*

Well there was a video posted here (approx. 59:30), that plays music and thenIwata talks about the series or whatever.

It's sounds like one of the ToD2 songs iirc (plus they said it was an arrangement of one of the songs apparently), so someone was speculating on ToD3 (...).

farnham

Banned
the character reminds me of Judas/Leon

140px-63790.jpg

Lion_Magnus_2.jpg

If im not mistaken he is hands down the most popular Tales of character.. (damn you leon)

duckroll

schuelma said:
Ok detective ducky..who is making it?

I'm not dumb enough to speculate when I haven't even seen the teaser. :)

I stand by my theory that this will be a Team Destiny Tales by the normal Team Destiny leads though. Even though that pic doesn't look 2D, everything else still points to it being a strong possibility. If Team Destiny is making a 3D game, that'll be kinda disappointing though. :/

Linkup

farnham said:

Yeah the end boss could have used more polish, that stupid glitch that stopped you from getting the Wolf's Bane blade was really dumb.

can't judge the graphics on a technical level, but I don't dig the actual character art style. Reminds me of Maxi from Soul Calibur.

duckroll

Nibelung Valesti said:
Oh well, it's useless to speculate now, we'll just have to wait a few days ^^

Or maybe a few months, if they don't show anything at TGS and choose to unveil it at Jump Festa in Dec instead. That wouldn't be out of the question since that's one of the traditional places they unveil new Tales stuff.

duckroll said:
Or maybe a few months, if they don't show anything at TGS and choose to unveil it at Jump Festa in Dec instead. That wouldn't be out of the question since that's one of the traditional places they unveil new Tales stuff.
But why mention it now? Just before the TGS...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
farnham said:
nah.. it looks much better then ToS on Gamecube for sure

http://www.planet-playstation.de/img/articles/6983/Tales-Of-Symphonia-PS2-4.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://files.nintendic.com/wii/tales-of-symphonia/tales-of-symphonia6004152008010813554311big.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://files.nintendic.com/wii/tales-of-symphonia/tales-of-symphonia6004152008010813554412big.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://files.nintendic.com/wii/tales-of-symphonia/tales-of-symphonia6004152008010813554414big.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
A Wii game looks better than a 5 year old gamecube game? No fucking way

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
cell-shaded? take that, muthafleckers!

Rpgmonkey

Nibelung Valesti said:

Probably just to say it exists really, they did it before a few months ago.

I think they'll wait until Hearts is a little closer to release for a public unveiling of this like they did with Innocence to Vesperia, so they don't cut off ToH's hype, and they seem to wait until one major project/mainline game is about to release in a few weeks/days before showing the next one, but I don't really know what's going on anymore...

Nibelung Valesti said:
Yea, I would hope Capcom and Namco (and Sega) would release some direct feed trailers soon.

I also want Nintendo to show some vid of that Woman-with-Sword game.

Judging from that screenshot the gameplay looks to be terrible at best. The flames indicate to me that Namco really isn't bothering with this one. Looks to me like another pander to the Wii crowd. I feel sorry for you guys.

farnham

Banned
Black-Wind said:
He looks rich . . . and formal.

Thats interesting to say the least.
as i posted above he looks like leon magnus

that kid from ToD I and II

he is damn popular in Japan

ToD2Judas.jpg
lion.jpg

So we are looking at Tales of Destiny III is my prediction...

Could be wrong though

Top Bottom