• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 5 available as of now, starting at $349

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraly

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/android-for-all-and-new-nexus-5.html

Android for all and the new Nexus 5

nexusae0_upload_thumbh9qlt.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ0XTJqFLIE

Screen: 4.95-inch 1920×1080 display (445 ppi) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Processor: 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
Cameras: 1.3MP front facing, 8MP rear facing OIS
Weight: 130 grams
Storage: 16GB or 32GB
Ram: 2GB RAM
Battery: 2300mAh
Ports & Connectors: microUSB, SlimPort enabled, 3.5mm stereo audio jack, Dual microphones, Ceramic power and volume buttons
Dimensions: 69.17 x 137.84 x 8.59 mm
Wireless: Wi-Fi (2.4/5GHz) 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC (Android Beam), Bluetooth 4.0
Network: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10, WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19, LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41
Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat

OP will be updated.

Impressions

Accessoires
Bumper case (in four different colors), $34.99

Quick Cover, $50

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
32 GB Black bought, shipping from warehouse on 11/5. Don't let me down, Google.

GJS

£299 for 16GB and £339 for 32GB + shipping on top.

£20 more than the nexus 4 was.

Triggered my fraud protection so had to deal with that as well.

Ordered the white 16gb for a change.

Snagged a 32 GB black! This was so much easier than last year.

I was tempted to go with a white, but I dunno, the two-tone thing just looks kinda weird. Plus, white devices can discolor, depending on the material.

Was interested in a 32gb Nexus 5 but at £339 + £10 postage that is a bit too much for my tastes since I already have a Nexus 4. I was hoping Google would go with £249 for 16gb and £299 for the 32gb.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
32GB Black Bought

$399 + $16.99Shipping + $47.88Tax = CA$463.87

Ships Nov. 5th

* 16GB Black/White, Sold out on Canadian Play Store. *

GusBus

Ordered four, plan to have them all sold for profit before the credit card bill is due. I'm a shmuck, trying to make a buck. Come at me bros.

Snagged a 32 GB black! This was so much easier than last year.

I was tempted to go with a white, but I dunno, the two-tone thing just looks kinda weird. Plus, white devices can discolor, depending on the material.

I considered the white heavily, until someone pointed out that the earpiece on the front is also white, which looks terrible.

kharma45

£299 for 16GB and £339 for 32GB + shipping on top.

£20 more than the nexus 4 was.

Triggered my fraud protection so had to deal with that as well.

Ordered the white 16gb for a change.

I had hoped it'd just replace the N4 at the price tiers it had plus £20, so the 32GB would've been £299.

£350 delivered is too much for me, pity.

CPW will apparently have the 16GB for £295 too.

teiresias

That it works on T-Mobile and Sprint is very tempting, as I'd like to try T-Mobile, but have no idea what their coverage is like where I tend to be, but I know Sprint is ok, so I at least have a fall-back in case getting the T-Mobile prepaid doesn't work because of coverage.

I'll just need to verify that this can be activated on Ting in case I want to stay on the Sprint network because I'd rather not have to be on my Sprint contract anymore.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
This is really such a good value. To think that a Galaxy Note 3 on Sprint is $349 ON CONTRACT. Thank you based Google.

Since my contract is up in December I think I'm gonna get this and an iPhone at the same time.

Totalriot

Seems I was too late for the 32 GB model. Got the 16 GB black for 349€. I guess this is still OK for me, as I currently have a 16 GB SD card in my Galaxy 1 which is never even half full.

Amazing how this has Dual band wireless ac and the new consoles don't.

Does this phone have a light/indicator so you can tell if you received a text/phone call without turning it on?

Stuart444

I'll probably get the 16GB on Monday. Don't have money in until then.

My HTC Desire HD which I've had for several years is on its last legs.

Anyone got their confirmation email?
I got the page with "Order placed", but didn't receive any email.

Yeah, I got a confirmation email.

I considered the white heavily, until someone pointed out that the earpiece on the front is also white, which looks terrible.

Oh yikes, didn't notice that.

And we seem to be getting enough varieties in color from the official bumpers and cases that the white seems kinda irrelevant, unless one insists on going naked.

GusBus

Hope that works put for you. The fact that this is still selling without problems might mean anybody who wants one is getting one.

Maybe you can make a buck selling to countries that came buy it?

I have a few days to cancel. I'll see if it sells out or not.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Time to do the fun phone number and carrier shuffle after I get it.
Looks nice, but it's way too big... I want a Nexus 4 (4 inch screen)
Code:
The Nexus 4 measures 133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1mm and weighs 139g, compared to the Nexus 5 which comes in at 137.84 x 69.17 x 8.59 mm and hits the scales at 130g.
Yeah okay.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
16GB black now no longer "in stock" and will "leave warehouse by Nov. 8th." 16GB white and both 32s still in stock.

Just called my local Sprint store, they've never even heard of it. So there is really no way to get this before Monday, is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom