• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus Challenge 2.0 (Overwatch x Heroes event): D.Va, Genji skins, 10 lootboxes, more

Zomba13

Is week 2 live yet? I have no idea when HOTS resets are...

Seems to be Wednesday for Europe and Tuesday at the same time as OW for America. Which is annoying because OW gets updated at the same time as NA in EU and HotS even had the week 2 splash page up in the EU when it changed for NA. But my friends friends who play a lot of HotS say it's always a day after America and it seems to be right.

Royce McCutcheon

So just 10 games to get genji and dva stuff? Don't gotta do no tutorials or anything? Where do you check to see if you completed the challenge, game is confusing.

Ken

So just 10 games to get genji and dva stuff? Don't gotta do no tutorials or anything? Where do you check to see if you completed the challenge, game is confusing.

There's an unskippable tutorial but I think it's no more than 20 mins.

The challenge is a quest so bottom right ! button.

What days does the weekly reset happen? I know WoW is on a Wednesday (EU) so does that mean we're on week 2 now?

EDIT: Yes it is!

Beartruck

I'm getting conflicting information about this event. I skipped week 1 of the event because I don't care about Genji, but the destructoid article about this event says you need to have completed week 1 in order to have access to the quests for week 2. Is that true? If so that's total bullshit, as the explanation video doesn't tell you that at all.

Alucrid

Banned
I'm getting conflicting information about this event. I skipped week 1 of the event because I don't care about Genji, but the destructoid article about this event says you need to have completed week 1 in order to have access to the quests for week 2. Is that true? If so that's total bullshit, as the explanation video doesn't tell you that at all.

you can still access the week 2 quest, you just have to finish the week 1 quest. i.e. in week 2 you can and have to do both week 1 and 2 quests to get the dva skin.

Finished week 1 last night. 1/5 on week 2.

The game is alright and sort of fun, I just have no interest in another game like this as a recurring game to play. I already have sc2 and overwatch. That's as much as my multiplayer budget as I have.

Linkark07

Banned
Finished week 1 last night. 1/5 on week 2.

The game is alright and sort of fun, I just have no interest in another game like this as a recurring game to play. I already have sc2 and overwatch. That's as much as my multiplayer budget as I have.

Same opinion. First week was annoying because I got only Cursed Hollow map but this week got varied maps, and actually, me and my friend started enjoying it. Still, not something I would play regularly. Overwatch is already eating all my free time.

you can still access the week 2 quest, you just have to finish the week 1 quest. i.e. in week 2 you can and have to do both week 1 and 2 quests to get the dva skin.

That's annoying. I was planning to skip Week 3 and come back for Week 4. Oh well, 10 HOTS matches for 10 Overwatch loot boxes is still a lot quicker than grinding for them in Overwatch.

Got my matches in last night.

D.Va skin was worth 50 matches.

When you boost, the sirens go off like she's pulling someone over! I continue to be impressed by the polish and overall effort that's put into a lot of the OW skins.

Week 3 stuff looks kinda unappealing but I guess I'll do it to get to week 4 and get 10 loot boxes for free.

Auctopus

Jus got the D.Va skin. Mainly played as Nova and got the hang of it. The game's pretty fun in short bursts but I don't think I could stick with it.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I've pick up the game recently thanks to this event, I'll probably be playng some matches this weekend during the day (Europe time).

Mistouze#1307

The game feels like a lot to take in so far, but I think I'm getting the hang out of playing Zul. Any advice regarding easy to grasp melee characters? (For info, I got the Flex pack)

psyfi

Banned
I installed this game last night and clicked around for twenty minutes before going to bed. There's A LOT of information to process, and the character art is extremely off putting. But I'm looking forward to playing! My first MOBA. :)

No, sadly. I did two rounds against AI with a friend before I noticed.
That's unfortunate. I only played one Unranked match, and realised it is not for me. The hero selection process takes forever, and chat got toxic within minutes. I guess I'll faff around a bit in Quick Matches for the remainder of the Nexus Challenge, and probably drop the game after that.

Got my matches in last night.

D.Va skin was worth 50 matches.

When you boost, the sirens go off like she's pulling someone over! I continue to be impressed by the polish and overall effort that's put into a lot of the OW skins.

Week 3 stuff looks kinda unappealing but I guess I'll do it to get to week 4 and get 10 loot boxes for free.

Awesome on the skin. I still think I'll use the one that makes her look like an scv, but this could win me over.

And yea, I want those 10 loot boxes so I will push through .

Anastasis

That's unfortunate. I only played one Unranked match, and realised it is not for me. The hero selection process takes forever, and chat got toxic within minutes. I guess I'll faff around a bit in Quick Matches for the remainder of the Nexus Challenge, and probably drop the game after that.

For the Nexus Challenge 1.0 I played all AI matches (needed 15 for Genji skin and 30 for Heroes characters) and somehow stuck with the game for a bit afterwards, just grinding quests for gold. After a while I dropped the game. It just wasn't fun.

Last night I played my first Quickplay matches for the Nexus Challenge 2.0 and had a blast. I think I'll keep playing AI to grind quests and levels and try to get the hang of new characters, but Quickplay with a character that you can wrap your head around is really, really fun.

Given the way basically all their games work, I'm guessing they've found that playing with a friend increases retention.

I roped my wife in to play a few rounds. She really likes HotS now (she never played a moba before) and even bought a couple boxes to get candy beard muradin. Blizzard is goddamn genius.

I hope the overwatch skins come to overwatch soon after this ends! Tried playing it on my wofe's laptop (to get her the dva skin) but it cant run the game without it being a choppy mess.

MaxiLive

I hope the overwatch skins come to overwatch soon after this ends! Tried playing it on my wofe's laptop (to get her the dva skin) but it cant run the game without it being a choppy mess.

Can you not log in with her account on another machine that can run HOTS?

Shame about no long able to do co-op :( Sorry serious HOTS players my skills in this game are going to make you rage !

JMZ555

i want the dva skin so im going to install.

AJCYBERPUNK#2494

Im from UK, please add me if you fancy just doing a few matches.

HMD

I just my played my first game that I somehow won, I got carried and I have no idea what I was doing I kept dying repeatedly and I think I killed like 2 people the entire game. The game is so confusing what the hell is the objective?

Hexer06

Been playing with a few characters now and I actually like it. Smite is still my preferred moba, but it's nice not having to worry about what items to buy. Jaina is a good mage and I forget the warrior girl that I was using that's good. Maybe Freya? She has 2 swords and does a whirlwind attack. She's pretty legit when you go with a heal build.

Edit: It's Sonya, the Diablo Barbarian. Thanks Mattdaddy

No need to party up with GAF people. Nothing wrong with that if you want to but there are many randoms in the game constantly looking to team up with people. All you gotta do is add them to your party and have them accept your friend request.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Been playing with a few characters now and I actually like it. Smite is still my preferred moba, but it's nice not having to worry about what items to buy. Jaina is a good mage and I forget the warrior girl that I was using that's good. Maybe Freya? She has 2 swords and does a whirlwind attack. She's pretty legit when you go with a heal build.

Sonya (the barbarian from Diablo). Yah she's a lot of fun. She can put out good dps, wave clear, stay alive. One of my favorites characters.

Hexer06

Sonya (the barbarian from Diablo). Yah she's a lot of fun. She can put out good dps, wave clear, stay alive. One of my favorites characters.

That's the one lol. Yeah, she's a beast when you get her going. I was able to take on 2 ppl at once at times. Looking forward to playing more matches after work tonight.

FHIZ

Did matchmaking improve yesterday?

I was in a group that was taking forever to find a match. Just sitting there for minutes on end going "you guys here for Overwatch loot too?"

Can you not log in with her account on another machine that can run HOTS?

Shame about no long able to do co-op :( Sorry serious HOTS players my skills in this game are going to make you rage !

Its the only computer we have, sadly. I have considered going to my parents house but I feel weird going over then just being on their pc all day then leaving lol

Yukinari

I pretty much only used ETC for my 5 Dva skin matches cause hes easy and fun to play, i absolutely despise moba games.

Cursed Hollow go away.

I missed Week 1. Is it still possible for me to get the D.Va skin or am I fucked now?

Still possible, but from what I understand the quests are a sequence. so you'll have to play 5 games to unlock Oni Genji before you get the quest to play 5 more games to unlock officer DVa.

Crzy1

Kind of want the DVA skin, but boy do I hate playing MOBAs. Just getting through the​ tutorial was painful. If missing the first week counts me out, I guess I won't be getting it anyway.

Kind of want the DVA skin, but boy do I hate playing MOBAs. Just getting through the​ tutorial was painful. If missing the first week counts me out, I guess I won't be getting it anyway.

I've been just playing vs AI which is very tolerable. Most games last about 8-9 minutes, which is way faster than the 20ish minute quickplay matches. It helps having all 5 teammates swarm the map together for fast easy kills and then snowball everything.

Fancolors

You can still do it, although you will have to go through the week one quest first before jumping into the D.va skin

Pics_nao

It's not too late to get any of these right? >_>

Edit: I should've just read the last page <_<

Can I forfeit games in HotS to make this go faster?

Top Bottom