• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 7 [OT] - Challenge of the SuperFrauds

bionic77

Cleveland plays Pittsburgh on Week 17, so you know that's the game where they decide to go 1-15 because the Cleve can't even lose properly.
Just imagine if that game was the one that determined if we were going to the playoffs or not?

That is the darkest timeline (where we somehow blow it).

God football is the worst.

I saw Mark Davis's interview with ESPN or NFL Network and there's about a 100% chance the Raiders move to Vegas. I think the meeting is about that.

He's already dating Olivia Munn though?

He did a radio interview yesterday that I listened to and the host asked him if he has had any communication with the league about his plans to move to Vegas, and he said that no one from the league offices have contacted him at all. The hosts couldnt even believe it but he said he hasnt heard a single word from anyone about the move. That seems so crazy to me.

Sproles and Matthews had 80 yards on 13 carries against the Racists, for an average of 6.2 yards per carry and yet the Eagles threw more then they ran. Going into the game all everyone talked about was how the Racists were 30th in run D but a top 10 pass D since the Steelers game. The Eagles opened up the game passing and it was a huge mistake. Hopefully dougie learns from this and doesnt go into the Andy Reid thing where he would double down on whatever wasnt working just to prove a point.

You can't run the ball when you're down by 10 points and have less than half a game left by the time your offense gets the ball though.

Bronx-Man

Banned
You can't take the Raiders away from the Black Hole again. That space is iconic, as is the Raider Nation.

Oakland-Raiders-Nation-500x290.jpg

God bless 'em.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He did a radio interview yesterday that I listened to and the host asked him if he has had any communication with the league about his plans to move to Vegas, and he said that no one from the league offices have contacted him at all. The hosts couldnt even believe it but he said he hasnt heard a single word from anyone about the move. That seems so crazy to me.

It's kinda odd. Supposedly the league is trying to figure out what to do because they don't want to move a team again so soon but Vegas/Nevada is literally handing them a stadium on a silver platter which would set an absurd precedent.

You listen to him talk though and you can tell he's done in Oakland. He straight up said something to the effect that the fans in Oakland are the greatest fans in the world and that he hopes that they will continue support the team in Vegas.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How can you root for a team that employs AP?

Minnesota always has this weird appeal to people that want to root for underdogs. Whenever they're good, they're suddenly everyone's #2 team...even in spite of having a child scrotum slasher apparently!

Zeke

Nice little read on the impact of having a good oline. Nothing earth shattering but some good comparisons. Maybe it's because I was a linemen so I'm biased but teams ignoring their oline always seemed like such a flaw. Teams go out and get big name qb's like Luck then surround them with mediocre protection and expect them to take the team deep into the post season. I wonder if more teams will start investing more in their lines and take average QB's.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/nfl...tt-franchise-quarterback-derek-carr-matt-ryan

It's kinda odd. Supposedly the league is trying to figure out what to do because they don't want to move a team again so soon but Vegas/Nevada is literally handing them a stadium on a silver platter which would set an absurd precedent.

You listen to him talk though and you can tell he's done in Oakland. He straight up said something to the effect that the fans in Oakland are the greatest fans in the world and that he hopes that they will continue support the team in Vegas.

Yeah he said that one the radio yesterday, that Raiders nation is worldwide now and that they will support the team no matter where it is. He also said what an easy trip it is from Cali to Vegas so he expects a lot of fans to come down for the games. He definitely made it sound like Oakland is no longer an option. I know that Jerry Jones said the other day that he believes Vegas has enough votes to pass from the owners. Hopefully they vote soon.

Pepiope

Well AP is gimped and not playing so no problem here and also because fuck the eagles. Only time I'll ever root for a division rival is if it benefits the cowboys.
Not like we're making the playoffs anyway. Root for us, not for a team that employs a child beater. This is almost as bad as rooting for the pats

Zeke

Raiders have been on their way out for long time now. This shouldn't be a shock to anyone. I can't really blame them their stadium is a complete dump and Davis doesn't have enough money to bank roll his own stadium. I was really crossing my fingers they would land in SA but in typical fashion my city got blue balled yet again from a major league team.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Raiders have been on their way out for long time now. This shouldn't be a shock to anyone. I can't really blame them their stadium is a complete dump and Davis doesn't have enough money to bank roll his own stadium. I was really crossing my fingers they would land in SA but in typical fashion my city got blue balled yet again from a major league team.

Don't think San Antonio or the state of Texas would have cut the Raiders a check for $750 million dollars like Nevada/Vegas did. You kinda dodged a bullet to be honest because that is some kind of horseshit for the taxpayer.

It's also why the league is going to jump on it because that will the new standard going forward for stadium negotiations.

MechDX

Don't think San Antonio or the state of Texas would have cut the Raiders a check for $750 million dollars like Nevada/Vegas did. You kinda dodged a bullet to be honest because that is some kind of horseshit for the taxpayer.

It's also why the league is going to jump on it because that will the new standard going forward for stadium negotiations.

Jones and McNair would never allow a team in SA. Both have pull with the owners and it would never pass

DM and YH will be dipping in Bead's stream account to pay for the taxes

Actually the Vegas deal is a kind of special situation. The city approved an increase in the hotel room tax. So the money is being funded entirely by people from outside the city. If you live in Vegas this stadium isnt costing anything. Plus some of the money, $42m I believe, is actually going to the school district to help with education. So even if you hate the stadium and dont want a football team this benefits you. I am not sure how many other cities in the US could raise this kind of money by taking tourists but it must be very low.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Actually the Vegas deal is a kind of special situation. The city approved an increase in the hotel room tax. So the money is being funded entirely by people from outside the city. If you live in Vegas this stadium isnt costing anything. Plus some of the money, $42m I believe, is actually going to the school district to help with education. So even if you hate the stadium and dont want a football team this benefits you. I am not sure how many other cities in the US could raise this kind of money by taking tourists but it must be very low.

Huh didn't realize it was a consumption tax on tourists alone.

Yeah I'm struggling to think of more than 3 or 4 cities that could do that. New York? New Olreans?

Mindlog

The Las Vegas deal is a double edged sword. The NFL has always been able to use the threat of moving to another city, but is another city really going to offer something like that and will the NFL ever take anything less again?

Zeke

I can't pretend to know how the financials would have played out but I'd bet my bottom dollar Davis would have been given a sweetheart deal. SA has been wanting a teams a long time. We built a stadium just for the possibility of landing a team. Took in the saints to show the city could and would support a team. I have no doubt SA would have done what it took to get the team here. I still stand by my assertion that a team in SA would have struck gold in South Texas and Northern Mexico. League talks big about wanting to get into the Mexico market having a team in SA could have been that bridge.

Line_HTX

San Antonio would be way more trouble than it's worth, plus Jerry's influence and stuff.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I can't pretend to know how the financials would have played out but I'd bet my bottom dollar Davis would have been given a sweetheart deal. SA has been wanting a teams a long time. We built a stadium just for the possibility of landing a team. Took in the saints to show the city could and would support a team. I have no doubt SA would have done what it took to get the team here. I still stand by my assertion that a team in SA would have struck gold in South Texas and Northern Mexico. League talks big about wanting to get into the Mexico market having a team in SA could have been that bridge.

Mexico and the RGV is Jerry World though. I'm fairly certain that charter buses are ran from Mexico City to Arlington for the games.

I think Mech is right that I'm not sure if either McNair or Jerry would want to give up that lucrative growing Hispanic market.

I'm happy that the odds of the Packers moving are infinitely small

Thank god because I have zero doubt in my mind that they would've been forced to move during the 70s and 80s...if even a full time relocation to Milwaukee.

Line_HTX

The League building a bridge from San Antonio to Mexico? Shieeet...

MechDX

Mexico and the RGV is Jerry World though. I'm fairly certain that charter buses are ran from Mexico City to Arlington for the games.

I think Mech is right that I'm not sure if either McNair or Jerry would want to give up that lucrative growing Hispanic market.

They wouldnt. Texans pushed hard to play that game in Mexico City this year vs the Raiders. McNair even getting an extra one over by not actually giving up a home to game to play there.

Still think they should have thought more forward and named the team the Toro's. Anything is better than "Texans".

Zeke

San Antonio would be way more trouble than it's worth, plus Jerry's influence and stuff.
Can you expand on this?

I think people would be quick to drop their cowboy allegiance with a team closer to them. Only reason they are jerrys is because there had been no competition for years. Cowboys were the only team in town until fairly recently. It's not exactly like Dallas has done anything significant in the last twenty years to keep those fans down south. Hell Jerry packs up and heads to cali for camp so it's not like he's reaching out to the fan base in South Texas.

Pepiope

I do indeed but I still want the Eagles to win. I hope Sam plays well, him winning MVP would be great after all the stupidity this offseason.
Howie looks even better after signing him.

I would trade 11M for a first round pick and a 3rd (assuming the Vikes make the NFL Champ game, they should) 10 times out of 10.

Not only that but the first draft that is 100% known to be his, he may have hit on the QB of the future.

You're stuck with howie for a long time.

Howie looks even better after signing him.

I would trade 11M for a first round pick and a 3rd (assuming the Vikes make the NFL Champ game, they should) 10 times out of 10.

Not only that but the first draft that is 100% known to be his, he may have hit on the QB of the future.

You're stuck with howie for a long time.

We will see about that. So many bad contracts given out by him, cutting a 2nd round pick after one year, not addressing the Wrs, there are a lot of questionable moves by him recently. Plus if this team really falls off after the hot start someones head will roll. Lurie definitely sounded like he was past the point of patience this offseason, so hopefully he sticks to that.

Top Bottom