• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL is over...Time for baseball!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to start hyping the upcoming season :)

Spring training starts in a few weeks

Without hockey this is all I have to look forward to now :(

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
impirius said:
NFL is over... time for NFL Offseason!

YEAH!

Hell yeah! Combine, DRAFT, free agency!

The NFL Draft is the best, dare I say, ONLY worthwhile sporting even in the spring and summer months.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Maybe this is the year the White Sox once again take their incredibly horrible division!

but if not, i can at least enjoy another spectacular cubs chokejob

mCACGj

Phoenix said:
Go BRAVES!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The Phillies have the East wrapped up with the acquisition of Keith Adams to the bullpenn, I really see no one stopping them. No one.

i am such a baseball militant that to celebrate the upcoming season i will kidnap some football fans and post a video on the internet calling for war against the other sports. baseball is the one true and ruth it's great prophet. praise be to steinbrenner. (not for the politically correct folk)

rareside

Hell yea! Bring on the baseball season of 2005, the historic year that the Texas Rangers take it all! Did you see all the moves we made in the offseason? We're primed to explode this year!

Go TEXAS!

What?

Joe

so did you guys know that maglio ordonez went to austria to get some sort of laser surgery on his knee because the procedure wasnt approved here in the states. and that him nor boras would allow teams to watch him practice.

at least the tigers left themselves a lot of options in the contract concerning his health.

Joe

according to a newsday article, clemens and astro's owner drayton mclane have an agreement that if the astro's are far out of the playoff race that the rocket can request a trade to the yankees. :O

the article also says that andy's elbow wont be ready until at least may. you bastards killed andy.

Joe

other than ebay where can i get baseball tickets?

im thinking about buying tickets for the yankees home opener

Boomer

Cubsfan23 said:
I will make a $100 bet that the Cubs will go farther in the playoffs than the Mets

:lol Cubs won't even get to the playoffs buddy. Did you forget they're in Cincinnati's division?

griffey_points.jpg

"Don't laugh, bitch".

We made some decent moves this offseason. Griffey, Dunn and Kearns should be good to go. One more pitcher and the trophy is ours.

Triumph

Banned
mCACGj said:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The Phillies have the East wrapped up with the acquisition of Keith Adams to the bullpenn, I really see no one stopping them. No one.
huddy1.jpg

"Wrong, foo!"

14 Straight, bee-yotch! In September I'll be able to tell the rest of the NL East teams to SUCK IT DOWN(but ESPECIALLY the Mets). And then in October I'll be able to congratulate whoever beats my Braves in the Divisional or LCS series!

mCACGj

Raoul Duke said:
huddy1.jpg

"Wrong, foo!"

14 Straight, bee-yotch! In September I'll be able to tell the rest of the NL East teams to SUCK IT DOWN(but ESPECIALLY the Mets). And then in October I'll be able to congratulate whoever beats my Braves in the Divisional or LCS series!

Yes, I know...but how I wish, oh how I wish the Phillies make the Eagles loss go away with a playoff birth. All I want is a playoff birth, but I'll take a Braves divisional loss, and the Yankees not winning the world series.

PS I mean Terry Adams in my first post, not Keith, hah.

Meier said:
I hope Adrian Beltre suffers a career-ending injury in Spring Training.

Refocus some of that anger toward your cheapskate owner and hope J.D. Drew doesn't have his annual two-month injury.

"Let our 25 year-old stud walk and sign a near 30-year old with a history of injuries to a contract for similar money Beltre was asking for? Brilliant!"

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Meier said:
I hope Adrian Beltre suffers a career-ending injury in Spring Training.

Don't hate on the M's... Besides you guys got... :lol Nakamura... to pick up the slack

Miguel

:lol

As much as I hate the Braves, they're in the same league as the Pats and why I picked them for the Superbowl. Until someone beats them (in the Braves case, until someone beats them in the division) I'm not betting against them.

Playoff Bound teams.

Astros
Cardinals
Braves
Dodgers

Red Sox
Yankees
Mariners (YES I SAID IT! Mariners #1 in the AL West! ICHIRO IS NUMBAH WAN!)
Twins

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Miguel said:
:lol

As much as I hate the Braves, they're in the same league as the Pats and why I picked them for the Superbowl. Until someone beats them (in the Braves case, until someone beats them in the division) I'm not betting against them.

Playoff Bound teams.

Astros
Cardinals
Braves
Dodgers

Red Sox
Yankees
Mariners (YES I SAID IT! Mariners #1 in the AL West! ICHIRO IS NUMBAH WAN!)
Twins

Migs you rock... The M's got the west this year... no doubt in my mind. The AL central is what is freaking me out... My mind is playing tricks on me...but I like how the Tigers look this year....

There should be a pool every year for which month of the season Griffey suffers his injury.

Isn't it usually in April or May? Make it the day instead for a greater challenge. The same guy in my fantasy league buys him every year with the, "This is his comeback year" line. I think even HE will avoid him this time.

Can't wait to see the Sox new lineup of Schilling, Clement, Wells, Miller and Wakefield.

BarneyBP

I will poke my head in now to say go Indians. I'll be back on opening day. Fear them, AL Central! For they weild Juan Gone. :(

Fifty

Brian Fellows said:
.......GO BLUE JAYS :(

It really is pointless to be a Jays fan.

No it's not! Turn that frown upside down and support your team. That's what this city is missing, some real Jays fans. They'll turn it around soon enough, don't you worry.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Ohhh snap. Everyone's looking away from the true CHAMP TOWN. That's OAKLAND baby. That's alright, keep underestimating the A's. Sure, we don't have more than one starter over the age of 12. But haven't you guys seen ROOKIE OF THE YEAR? It happens dude. Besides we got

CHAVVY
Chavez.jpg

2004 ROOKIE OF THE YEAR BOBBY CROSBY
px_040829_bobby1.jpg

(He blows bubbles like a stud...)

2005 ROOKIE OF THE YEAR NICK SWISHER
402-oaklaned.jpg

...and last but not least, ERIC FREAKIN' BYRNES IF HE'S NOT TRADED!
eric_byrnes.jpg

Honorable mentions: Barry Zito, if he can regain his Cy Young form. Jason Kendall, who'd be up there if I could find a pic with him in an A's uniform, Erubial Durazo aka Crazy Eyes

ElephantA'sPennant.jpg

Yes folks, it's the year of the elephant!

Ramirez

Reading your posts is actually more depressing.That SB loss must be stinging :D :D

Anyways,with some much needed help in the bullpen in place,the Tribe is ready to take the sorry ass Central division from the Twinkies this year :D :p

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Blackace, can you ban the next punk that comes in here to knock on baseball? You gave me my tag, so even though you like the M's, I know you gotta good heart :p

Scoobert

1. CF Juan Pierre, .326 BA, 3 HR, 49 RBI in 2004
2. 2B Luis Castillo, .291 BA, 2 HR, 47 RBI in 2004
3. LF Miguel Cabrera, .294, 33 HR, 112 RBI in 2004
4. 1B Carlos Delgado, .269 BA, 32 HR, 99 RBI in 2004
5. 3B Mike Lowell, .293 BA, 27 HR, 85 RBI in 2004
6. C Paul Lo Duca, .286 BA, 13 HR, 80 RBI in 2004
7. RF Juan Encarnacion, .236 BA, 16 HR, 62 RBI in 2004
8. SS Alex Gonzalez, .232 BA, 23 HR, 79 RBI in 2004

1. Josh Beckett, 9-9, 3.79 ERA in 2004
2. A.J. Burnett, 7-6, 3.68 ERA in 2004
3. Dontrelle Willis, 10-11, 4.02 ERA in 2004