• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

XL_SAXF.png

?

brentech

Can someone explain this bounty shit to me? Just saw it pop up on ESPN before they moved to another topic

Saints players and staff were paying out for not simply big hits on opposing players, but for injuring them enough to remove them from the game.

This has cap ramifications along with going against the current, "we're trying to make the sport safer", image. The Saints won't get off light for this.

bionic77

I kind of hated the Wii game, honestly. I thought the art was uninspired and the continuation of the story lame. The animation is also awful and if I remember correctly, you had to sit through the whole thing for each battle, which made the game excruciatingly long.

I hate excessive animations and load times in modern RPGs. It is one reason a lot of the old school ones remain more enjoyable. This is making me want to replay the GBA fire emblem games...

Speaking of the GC I really liked the design of that system and controller even though I did not like many games on it (PS2s library was a million times better).

Path of Radiance for Gamecube was the most fun I ever had playing Fire Emblem, and I love Fire Emblem.

Radiant Dawn pales in comparison. I've restarted it three times and still can't stick with it.

squicken

Fuck it. I don't care if they get the next Mike Mamula. I want the Rams to grab Stephen Hill. Hope he's there at #33, but if it takes something like #22, that's fine. I just would rather have him in back half of round 1 than Blackmon in top 10. I don't think Blackmon will ever be a home run WR

Would you guys be interested in doing the first round mock twice? (Before and after Free Agency)

The final Mock Draft list - with all main fans Assigned to their teams (eznark will be taking the Bengals and Future the Chiefs). Please let me know if you volunteered and your name is missing:

Indianapolis (2-14) - LukeSmith, Narag, Skiptastic

St. Louis (2-14) - squicken

Minnesota (3-13) - Slo

Cleveland (4-12) - Wes, hiryu

Tampa Bay (4-12) - I H8 Memes

Washington (5-11) - mr2xxx, LiveWire

Jacksonville (5-11) - Tamanon

Miami (6-10) - Junie12

Carolina (6-10) - Bowser

Buffalo (6-10) - LJ11

Kansas City (7-9) -

Seattle (7-9) - Canuck76, Bluemax

Arizona (8-8) - Squall ASF

Dallas (8-8) - Sviatoslav

Philadelphia (8-8) - yankeehater, Brinbe, JABEE

New York Jets (8-8) - darkside31337

Cincinnati - from Oakland (8-8) -

San Diego (8-8) - Nightz

Chicago (8-8) - yacobod, cuevas, PhD.

Tennessee (9-7) - The M.O.B

Cincinnati* (9-7) -

Cleveland - from Atlanta* (10-6) - Wes, hiryu

Detroit* (10-6) - Doorman, goldlion054, Plinko, beast786

Pittsburgh* (12-4) - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, AngmarsKing701

Denver* (8-8) - Godslay

Houston* (10-6) - Vyer

New England - from New Orleans* (13-3) - Dutch Patriot, Alligatorjandro, Case, ActStriker, Bread

Green Bay* (15-1) - eznark, Buckethead, mastershake, TheLegendary, brentech, Greg, wienke

Baltimore* (12-4) - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

San Francisco* (13-3) - methodman, FrenchMovieTheme, LevelNth

New England* (13-3) - Dutch Patriot, Alligatorjandro, Case, ActStriker, Bread

New York Giants* (9-7) - Futurevoid, Wellington, Striker, BigAT

jakncoke

Banned
I was bountied as a child in midget football league. To sell shitty overpriced french bread pizzas to keep the league going, in return a chance to go to a Steelers/Bills game.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Tempting a class of kids with a pizza party, for selling chocolate... Is that a bounty? LOL

would this pizza be in addition to the five pizza parties per year maximum that was mandated by the school district?

Either he wrote the title on the backside of the "book" or it's the Asian version of the playbook. :/

Would you guys be interested in doing the first round mock twice? (Before and after Free Agency)

The final Mock Draft list - with all main fans Assigned to their teams (eznark will be taking the Bengals and Future the Chiefs). Please let me know if you volunteered and your name is missing:
Put me on the Colts but I think it's pretty obvious what we'll be doing with the first overall.

SonnyBoy

I fear that the NFL is becoming too successful. It's almost as if it's trying to appease too many people, groups, factions, etc, etc, to the detriment to "on the field" product.

On the subject of Plax:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/03/plax-return-to-giants-a-great-possibility

Plaxico Burress may have his sights set on playing for the Philadelphia Eagles, but he won’t rule out a reunion with the Giants. In fact, he called it a “great possibility” that he would return to play for Tom Coughlin, whom he called “a great coach.”

Oh, Plax. I have zero interest in bringing him in. I'd prefer to see one of the younger guys develop after Mario leaves.

Greg

Just got my Vita.

After 6 years of typing in my damn wireless password, I'm finally downloading the newest update.

Saints players and staff was paying not just for big hits on players, but paying they're guys if they injured players on the other team that could take them out of the game.

Had cap ramifications along with going against current safety attempts so it won't get off light.
That's majorly fucked up

jakncoke

Banned
god this team sucks

edit: lol at whoever said Randy looked like old randy on the ticker thing on espn. bullshit, i dont that for a second

eznark

Banned
I'm going to be an asshole and bail on the draft. I thought we'd start it was earlier. I'm going to be in Arizona fro spring training from Thursday morning to Tuesday and I'll be in a conference all day tomorrow.

ESPN is now reporting that onfield microphones heard an unidentified Saints defender yelling "Pay me my Money! Pay me my Money!" after Favre went down in the 2009 NFCCG.

Good job, Saints. Way to lose all the national goodwill that Katrina earned you. Not even the second coming of the great flood could get them out of this now.

brentech

ESPN is now reporting that onfield microphones heard an unidentified Saints defender yelling "Pay me my Money! Pay me my Money!" after Favre went down in the 2009 NFCCG.

Good job, Saints. Way to lose all the national goodwill that Katrina earned you. Not even the second coming of the great flood could get them out of this now.

LOL, no fucking way. I have to see this.

Greg

EHLnG.jpg

And as I've been saying for years, drew Brees is a fucking scumbag

Slo

LOL

Milchjon

Who started calling that shit "Sinnersgate"? Worst -gate ever. I propose we find a better name.

Pay-a-ton? Scrutiny on the Bounty? FloodGate? Ugh, I got nothing...

On the subject of Plax:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/03/plax-return-to-giants-a-great-possibility

Oh, Plax. I have zero interest in bringing him in. I'd prefer to see one of the younger guys develop after Mario leaves.

Which is hilarious, Plax is just doing his sell job. Here he is on Big Ben:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/03/burress-calls-roethlisberger-his-favorite-quarterback-is-open-to-returning-to-steelers/

I'd say the odds of him going back to NY or Pittsburgh are slim and none.

As for the Saints, the story is just getting funnier and funnier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom