• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Sorry I don't think medical technology has progressed enough to the point that Matt Schaub will be able to stay healthy for 19 games in a season.

Texans would have won the SB this year if Schaub was healthy.

Dude! Schaub has been healthy for the entire past two seasons. This past year he had fatass Haynesworth just fall on his ass. Personally I think it was a ploy by Belichek to release him and remove the Texans from his list of potential enemies.

KoolWade.jpg

Remember folks: Texans defense ended ranked 2nd in the league after 4 weeks on changing scheme and adding lots of new personel in the offseason and they got BETTER as the season moved on. What happens after a full offseason and adding some complmentary pieces??
KoolWade.jpg

In Wade we trust bitches!

squicken

Vikings wish list:

1) Draft either a CB (Claiborne?) or LT (Kalil).

Any preference there? Any sense what the team would do if both are available? I think if the Rams felt the Vikes would take Claiborne, they'd gladly trade with CLE. But just from parsing out some things the coaches have said, I feel certain the Rams want a LT

Rodgers was exhausted from the constant media blitz after SB XLV, so he was more than happy to let somebody else shoulder that burden this season.

<.<
>.>

Vyer

I may have to don a Texans avy from here on out for next season. Perhaps some OlajuWatt.

Also, time for Houston to pick something good from the crop of WR free agents this year. Enough Jacoby Jones bullshit.

Mort saying Haley confirmed as OC in PITT

Not sure what to make of it if it's true. I remember ESPN's guys were confirming Russ Grimm as the new Steeler head coach. I just wonder if Haley's hat will be all dirty and slimy like his KC one. Haley's a bit of a tool, but maybe Ben needs somebody like that. I dunno, we'll see what happens.

Dude! Schaub has been healthy for the entire past two seasons. This past year he had fatass Haynesworth just fall on his ass. Personally I think it was a ploy by Belichek to release him and remove the Texans from his list of potential enemies.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/KoolWade.jpg

Remember folks: Texans defense ended ranked 2nd in the league after 4 weeks on changing scheme and adding lots of new personel in the offseason and they got BETTER as the season moved on. What happens after a full offseason and adding some complmentary pieces??
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/KoolWade.jpg
In Wade we trust bitches!
Wade supposedly had a quote in an interview where he said something along the lines of "You think our defense is good now? Wait until you see what I can do with Mario Williams in there," so if he truly feels that way, I hope we go ahead and resign Super Mario and really start ruining offensive coordinators' lives.

brentech

Early wish list for the Packers.

1) Big man DE (2) Competent OLB opposite Clay
I don't want to let Driver go, but I know we have a lot of talent wanting their chances. Hopefully he'll restructure and stay aboard, but either way it's kind of a bummer.

Please drop Walden and don't sign Finley unless it's for pack of crackers.
With improved line and a marginally better OLB we should be able to get a better rush and it won't leave the CBs out to dry for so long.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I may have to don a Texans avy from here on out for next season. Perhaps some OlajuWatt.

Also, time for Houston to pick something good from the crop of WR free agents this year. Enough Jacoby Jones bullshit.

As a neutral observer I've always been fascinated at how the Texans explosive offensive has had a WR core of Andre Johnson and a bunch of dudes. Would be cool to see some actual other weapons lining up out there.

MechDX

woot Texans!

sign those players n stuff.

Resign Arian, Myers and Dreesen. Sign Stevie Johnson as a #2 and move Walter to the slot. If we can afford it resign Mario........If Schaub isnt healthy bring this man in:

peyton-caveman.jpg

Let him rub it in Irsays face twice a year on his way to back to back Championships.
yeah yeah it aint happening but it would be epically lulz worthy!

Not sure what to make of it if it's true. I remember ESPN's guys were confirming Russ Grimm as the new Steeler head coach. I just wonder if Haley's hat will be all dirty and slimy like his KC one. Haley's a bit of a tool, but maybe Ben needs somebody like that. I dunno, we'll see what happens.

All I know is that he's good at getting the best out of his receivers. I don't want the Steelers receivers to get even better :(.

Gah, miss football already. ESPN journos already backpeddling regarding the Pats. How can anyone say that their losses to the Giants do NOT hurt their legacy?

Nakazato

Reposting my mock for new thread

I do Have Washington trading for RG3 only trade here

1. Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck QB Stanford &#8211; Manning is gone

2. St. Louis Rams- Matt Kalii LT- The Rams have a 60+ million Dollar Investment under center it might be smart to keep him healthy

3. Washington Redskins Robert Griffin III QB - Skins fans Cry tears of joy knowing they have gotten Mike Vick 2.0 But hes smarter is and more accurate

4. Cleveland Browns- Justin Blackmon WR- They may trade out this pick BUT if they don&#8217;t and RG3 isnt there Blackmon is the pick.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Morris Claiborne CB- The Bucs Need to stop the pass in a division with Brees Scam and The Crowdedly Ryan

6. Minnesota Vikings&#8212; Reily Reiff LT- Lets not Give up on CP7 just yet he needs weapons and protection I think Reiff should become a good LT

7. Jacksonville Jaguars- John Martin T- Gabbert Needs time to throw and this should help
Panthers won the Toss and will be the 8 in the draft

8 Carolina Panthers- Dre Kirkpatrick CB- Pathers Cant do SHIT on D This Pick could be a CB or DT. But they need someone to help the Pass D

9. Miami Dolphins- Quinton Coples DE- The Dolphins Need Pass Rushes with Tom Brady in the Division and with the switch to 4-3 they need a stud pass rucher

10. Buffalo Bills- Melvin Ingram DE- Oh Wow 2 Teams in the AFC East pick pass rushers. Ingram has crazy upside and might be more explosive then Coples but some times he disappears

KC Won toss

11. Kansas City Chiefs- Trent Richardson RB- The Chief know they need a RB cause how knows if Charles will come back at 100% or even 40% for that matter

12. Seattle Seahawks- Devon Stills DE- Seattle has one of the worst pass rushes in the league

13. Arizona Cardinals- Courtney Upshaw DE/OLB- They need some help at MLB but they have been relying on popcorn Muscles to get to the QB

14. Dallas Cowboys- David DeCastro G- They need help there and he is BPA

15. Philadelphia Eagles- Luke Kuechly MLB- Cant stop run so the bring in a smart MLB

16. New York Jets- Mark Barron FS/SS- As a Ravens fan ill be the 1st to say Jim Leonard is a very good Safety&#8230; But he is now Bob Sanders.

17. Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland Raiders-)- Janoris Jenkins- His Senior Bowl and Combine will skyrocket his stock.

18. San Diego Chargers- Cordy Glenn G-They Really don&#8217;t have a choice there HoF Guard was injured and was thinking about retiring

19. Chicago Bears- Michael Floyd-If he didn&#8217;t have some many DUis he would be a top 5-10 pick likely he could be the best WR in the draft

20 Tennessee Titans- Peter Knoz C- CJ900 had no Oline to help him run so the coaches are going to be over backwards to help get going again

21. Cincinnati Bengals- Lamar Miller RB- Benson will likely not be back.

22. Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta Falcons)- Ryan Tannehill QB- Colt McCoy is a back up at best

23. Detroit Lions-Mike Adams LT- Jeff Backus will be a FA time to get younger (Maybe Ogden 2.0)

24. Pittsburgh Steelers- Donta Hightower MLB-Foote is likely done and Donta is a smart MLB Perfect for the steelers D

25. Denver Broncos- Michael Brockers, DT- Should Help collapse the pocket and get 2 QB

26. Houston Texans- Kendall Wright WR- His Speed will come in to play when AJ is doubled

27. New England Patriots (from New Orleans Saints)- Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB- Mercilus Could have JPP ability

28. Green Bay Packers- Fletcher Cox DT- Letting Cullen Jenkins Go was a mistake

29. Baltimore Ravens- Vontaze Burfict MLB- I love his ability but he is a crazy fucker and a walking penalty If Ray and Suggs can get him to Play without penalties we may have an amazing talent here.

30. San Francisco 49ers- Muhammad Sanu WR&#8211; Crab cakes sucks and Alex needs a WR that will at least try.

31. New England Patriots-Alshon Jeffery WR- Pats need a WR on the outside that why they lost the superbowl

32. New York Giants- Coby Fleener, TE- Enjoy the Win and your prize at the end of the 1st is a TE that will be like either Gronk/a young Todd Heap/Dallas Clark

Vyer

As a neutral observer I've always been fascinated at how the Texans explosive offensive has had a WR core of Andre Johnson and a bunch of dudes. Would be cool to see some actual other weapons lining up out there.

Yeah, Daniels and in the last few years Foster have added depth, but I've been worried about our WRs for a while now. AJ is getting older now (and sadly injuries are a concern) they need to get that worked out.

Also need to get Casey involved again. Apparently he fell down a well at the end of the season and nobody knew.

Fox318

Titans-QB-Locker-a-keeper-for-2012-NAN0UM6-x-large.jpg

Jake Locker Era!

YEaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

This is how it's gonna end with the Colts:

1. They draft Luck and keep Manning with the plan to groom Luck untill Manning becomes too old/retires.
2. Manning will annouce his retirement and immediately HC Rob Ryan will make Luck the starter.
3. Manning suddenly realizes he doesn't really want to retire and demands a trade or his starting position back. They trade him out of the AFC to the Seattle Seahawks ,where he signs a one year deal, and than he will start the season off great, to eventually just miss the play-offs because of a shoulder injury. After the season he will announce his retirement once again.
4. Sitting at his ranch in Tennessee, Manning misses football and signs a deal with the Titans. A team with a strong running game and a solide defense, which only misses a QB to make a playoff run. But most importantly in the same devision as his former team the Colts. He will play a magical season defeating Luck in both games against the Colts and he makes it all the way to the AFC championship game, but an bad decision leads to an interception by Vince Wilfork and the Patriots win the game and later the Super Bowl.
5. The year after that Manning is poised to repeat, but his old fragile body still hurts from the pounding he took in the AFC Championship game by the almighty Patriots Defense, so he crashes and burns losing game after game and will eventually be benched to be replaced by Jake Locker.
6. It then is finally time for the Old Peyton to retire, only having won 1 Super Bowl in this entire carreer.

Nakazato said:
31. New England Patriots-Alshon Jeffery WR- Pats need a WR on the outside that why they lost the superbowl

I'm in the 'Pats to pick a WR early this year if we can't get one during free agency' - fan club, but I don't think I like Jeffery for Pats, not only because he's the Freeman of the receivers, but because his style doesn't seem to be the thing that fits in the Pats offense. They don't need a fast guy that runs down the field on every play, because Brady can't get the ball there. Floyd would be amazing, if he can drop like Dez Bryant did with his off the field issues, but I also like Sanu.

ZZMitch

I am really excited to see what happens in the draft this year.

Seeing what happens with Luck/Manning is going to be interesting.

Whoever gets Flynn is the next Super Bowl champion, however.

Sanjuro

We don't need a wideout in the draft. Chad Jackson is sure to turn it all around any moment...any moment...any...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Worth mentioning that the hnnnnnngs are dead. NFL-Gaf has lost Cajunator for the time being after his AngelSoldier level performance in this thread. About as pathetic as Frankman's banning for linking pirated Sailor Moon links really.

Dammit Cajuntater! Who am I going to troll? All of the Pats lifelongs have already abandoned ship!

*looks at op*
B2n2S.jpg

Tom Penny

I'm in the 'Pats to pick a WR early this year if we can't get one during free agency' - fan club, but I don't think I like Jeffery for Pats, not only because he's the Freeman of the receivers, but because his style doesn't seem to be the thing that fits in the Pats offense. They don't need a fast guy that runs down the field on every play, because Brady can't get the ball there. Floyd would be amazing, if he can drop like Dez Bryant did with his off the field issues, but I also like Sanu.

Lloyd will be a Patriot. He's been following Josh and Ocho will be gone. On paper he's the perfect guy who has 3 years under the system. It's highly unlikely the Pats draft a WR with their first pick. I'll never forget Chad Jackson over Greg Jennings.

LiveWire

Someone else can takeover the offseason thread duties. I'm still too nauseous from last night to try and get hyped for the offseason.

fucking Giants

Today sucked.The sun didnt shine at all.

But I still feel good about the Patriots.They need to sign Welker,draft or get a FA deep threat WR and draft or FA defensive players.

Greg

Someone else can takeover the offseason thread duties. I'm still too nauseous from last night to try and get hyped for the offseason.
fucking Giants
Tebow bless you, but all that anticipation and that's how you treat us?

Jets-Age representing here. Shoutout to Giants-Age and Big Blue for vanquishing the fraudulent Dark Lord once again, and bringing football joy to millions.

Now, a new season can begin - and hopefully the level of play and conditioning can be proper again with a real offseason, real training camps and real free agency. The Jets pretty much trolled themselves into ruin the last 6 weeks, with Holmes idiocy and Rex tears and McElroy's big mouth and whathaveyou...but I can forgive all of that since finally, FINALLY Schottenheimer's gone. Maybe now we can get back to the Jets football that works - ground and pound running, play action passing, disciplined offensive play. We've got a lot of holes to fill...safety, D-line, O-line, WR.

This is Sanchez' year to take a step forward, like Eli in year 4.
This is the year to get a real backup QB in there, so at least Sanchez' job can legitimately be threatened.
This is the year to build a WR corps that features a consistent deep threat opposite Holmes so the passing game can work efficiently.
This is the year to get Wayne Hunter as far away from the starting lineup as possible - gotta build depth.
This is the year to get a guy who can consistently pressure the QB, and a guy that can legitimately defend TEs.

...but we'll probably draft someone we don't need. LOL TRADER MIKE

Smokey

Finally...got tired of hearing about inferior teams to the Texans for the last month. Texans going to dat Supa Bowl next year. Lifelongers can hop on now with no repercussions or consequences*. Resign Arian, get a 2nd WR, and pick up a CB in FA leggo

*anyone but Bob

Narag

Finally...got tired of hearing about inferior teams to the Texans for the last month. Texans going to dat Supa Bowl next year. Lifelongers can hop on now with no repercussions or consequences*. Resign Arian, get a 2nd WR, and pick up a CB in FA leggo

*anyone but Bob

Save us Mr... oh.

charsace

Texans going to dat Supa Bowl next year

Lifelongers can hop on now with no repercussions or consequences. Resign Arian, get a 2nd WR, and pick up a CB in FA leggo

ROFL. I told you a while ago that the giants>texans. Where's your better qb now!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom