• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

squicken

Key Dates
Hall of Fame Game--August 4
Regular Season Opener--September 5

Link to the more Xs and Os focused thread-- http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509316

vXdKLhg.jpg

Landry-Jones-GIF.gif

tom-brady-dance-1.gif

Dog-on-a-jetski_large.gif

jakncoke

Banned
squicken 1,066
jakncoke 948
Alligatorjandro 843
eznark 776
Futurevoid 694
BlackGhost 636
bionic77 626
chuckddd 554
wienke 542
Dutch Patriot 485
yankeehater 476
cajunator 474
DeaconKnowledge 384
Godslay 383
The_Darkest_Red 383
MechDX 378
Fox318 361
cdyhybrid 354
BaltimoreLarry 342
Kave_Man 335
JABEE 302

Hall of Shame OT1

squicken 1,184
jakncoke 676
Futurevoid 653
Alligatorjandro 627
BlackGhost 608
cdyhybrid 595
Wes 477
Godslay 472
chuckddd 465
Milchjon 458
wienke 452
The_Darkest_Red 428
bionic77 426
eznark 372
ChanHuk 347
MechDX 347
yankeehater 333
Kave_Man 328
FrenchMovieTheme 305
Dutch Patriot 301

Hall of Shame OT2

Godslay

Banned

Never trust a man who let's jaggies stand in the way of bliss!

Sharp knees == jaggies

Godslay if you see this I wondered at your opinion of Monte Ball, despite some not so hot reception from the media my dad is pretty excited for him as he watches a lot of college ball. Seemed like a decent choice. A big guy like Mcgehee and supposedly faster.

I like the pick. I thought that the RBs would go a little later, but that's why I don't get paid to do this.

He's got the right size, his speed seems fine, and from what I've seen and read he's a very patient runner. He seems like the perfect guy for short yards and goaline, but seems to be somewhat all-purpose if he can block.

He states how he came back in 2012 with the drive to become a more complete back, and says that he is somewhat comfortable with audibles (from Wilson), realizes the importance of protecting the passer, and can make catches out of the backfield.

I realize now that he really wasn't asked to do much in the Badger's offense outside of running, but the guy says all the right things. I hate to compare him to TD (so many have already because of exact size and speed, even Elway compared him to TD), but the one thing that I loved about TD is that he took pride in his pass protection, so much so that he beat himself up over blown blocks. Ball seems to have that in him as well, and in this offense it is very important, so that puts me at ease about him.

I'm excited about him, and hopefully those roadgraders on the right side will help him be successful.

I doubt Moreno is on the table to be traded.Manning turned him into a received, and he solved his early fumbling problems. He is pretty athletic, can hurdle and move like no other on the Broncos. Mcgahee is probably worth little and will be a depth guy. MCgahee still had the highest yards per down for the broncos last year, but it was not too impressive. Plus, he has a long history of knee problems. Without a star RB I do not see a trade from the broncos on RB.

I think it will be Moreno, Hillman, the two Balls, and Hester.

I think McGahee is going to be released. He's older, expensive, coming off an injury, and was catching fumblitis. Moreno stays on because he's not that expensive, can pass-protect, and catch out of the backfield. Hillman will continue to develop, he's not going anywhere 1 year after drafting him. Lance Ball will stay on due to being a utility depth guy. He plays ST so he's valuable beyond just the RB position.

I think Montee will start slow and work his way into the offense. I'm sure Fox will treat him somewhat like Hillman, unless his pass protection is up to snuff. If he can pass protect right off the bat, I'm sure he will get utilized early and often (more in pass plays than just obvious run downs).

Hester will probably be back, because it seems like Fox likes having a FB.

get a life jnc

Oh you!

Top Bottom