• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
main.jpg

matchup.jpg

spcr.jpg

analysis.png

bal-logo.png

BALTIMORE RAVENS
No one was quite sure what to make of the Baltimore Ravens for the first seventeen weeks of the regular season.

They escaped with wins inclose games that they should have dominated and struggled on the road, close games to the
Eagles, Redskins, and Bengals. As such, neither fan nor analyst was impressed.

The Ravens were projected to be one-and-dones in the playoffs but fortunately for the loyal denizens of Baltimore,
fate appears to have had something completely different in mind.

After drubbing the Colts, the Ravens walked into Mile High for a shootout with Peyton Manning and the Broncos.
The Broncos were poised to go to the AFC Championship but the Ravens rallied to win, shocking the Broncos faithful to
advance to their second AFC Championship in 3 years.

sf-logo.png

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers
The 49ers on the other hand, were early Super Bowl favorites heading out of the NFC.

With a stout veteran defense and a reliable back in Frank Gore, coach Jim Harbaugh was able to make the change at
quarterback from longtime starter Alex Smith to rookie Colin Kaepernick. Lucky for Niners fans,
Kaepernick has played great in less than ten starts, although one wonders how he will perform if he can't tuck the ball
and run as his accuracy has been suspect at times.

The once automatic David Akers has been on the skids as of late and one wonders if that will come into play at all
in New Orleans next Sunday night. Besides a couple of spotty performances on special teams and tough
divisional play in the regular season, the 49ers have been dominant.

Unfortunately for them, when the team struggled, it was against physical defenses like St. Louis, Seattle, and Baltimore.

See Football thread for more >>

spcr.jpg

halftime2.jpg

spcr.jpg

afc-recap.jpg

spcr.jpg

nfc-recap.jpg

spcr.jpg

last.jpg

spcr.jpg

in-memory.png

Narag

I know everyone's been waiting on my selection since I was torn between FMT having a good year or blarry's life finally getting back in order and resuming some sense of normalcy but I've finally decided:

Go Niners!

Cipherr

Which team winning would result in more misery, meltdowns and fury across the country? Ravens because of that retiring guy right?

I'm in to root for them then.

Wrayfield

I'm just thankful that I don't despise either team.

So do I. The bar I go to is usually full of Ravens fans, some 9ers and Falcons bandwagoners started showing up midway through last season though. Ordered a bottle of Highland Park from my trusty barman, this one will be a classy Superbowl for me. Unless they have the strippers at halftime again, they don't even show the halftime show then and those mediocre girls are trying to make a buck, it's a disgrace for a sports bar. I think they gave up on this last year though.

Trey

Got the Niners.

Though it should be a good game overall. Ravens certainly have the capability to win the game.

So do I. The bar I go to is usually full of Ravens fans, some 9ers and Falcons bandwagoners started showing up midway through last season though. Ordered a bottle of Highland Park from my trusty barman, this one will be a classy Superbowl for me. Unless they have the strippers at halftime again, they don't even show the halftime show then and those mediocre girls are trying to make a buck, it's a disgrace for a sports bar. I think they gave up on this last year though.

Is this the same sportsbar you mentioned before? I should go there.

Nice job,OP.

I'm not sure it will be close. Either the Ravens will get ahead and dat defense, or Ravens will have trouble with the read option and Kaeps will have a big day. (see RG3)

Here we go!

Oh wait first up is the pro bowl. :(

Last time we'll see Cribbs and Dawson with the Browns helmets. :(

Has the league gotten to the point where divas are a dying breed?

I asked this same question last season. Really seems like teams have a lower tolerance than ever for that "me first" mentality, regardless of talent.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Has the league gotten to the point where divas are a dying breed?

I asked this same question last season. Really seems like teams have a lower tolerance than ever for that "me first" mentality, regardless of talent.

I think TO and Ocho Cinco really ate up the quota for the whole league for the next 15 years

Don't worry, if NO becomes powerful again, Drew Brees will break some record somewhere, somehow and try to get shine...

I think technology also has played a fucking part

Before players needed to go HAM on themselves to be in the media spotlight
Now create twitter account, get more than recognized, with-out creating a spectacle
Your words could do more now through social media than cry @ press conferences

Case in point soon to be NFL player Manti "Where did she go?" Te'o

I think TO and Ocho Cinco really ate up the quota for the whole league for the next 15 years

Pretty much this. Although Randy Moss has been a problem, he's been a good boy this year, and has a chance at another ring.

Gotta wonder if Chad can make a comeback in the NFL at this point. or at 35, maybe he's considered too washed up.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
About goddamn time.

Hoping for a good game, don't give a shit who wins, though Moss deserves a ring before he fades out.

jakncoke

Banned
Nice job,OP.

I'm not sure it will be close. Either the Ravens will get ahead and dat defense, or Ravens will have trouble with the read option and Kaeps will have a big day. (see RG3)

Last time we'll see Cribbs and Dawson with the Browns helmets. :(

The last link to the 99 expansion roster

ari

Banned
Baltimore gonna take that shit.

steps for mediocre QBs to become elite:

1) Go on radio station claiming you are elite.
2) Let the world laugh at you.
3) Blame your mediocre play on someone else and get them fired.
4) ????????????
5) Profit

Cutler,Romo,and Schoob? Take notice.

effzee

So after a long night of meditation and council I have decided to root for the Ravens in this here Superbowl.

I'd like to see the older brother win first. Felt bad for the Ravens last year how they missed out on the playoffs. Juanita is on the coaching staff. Love Boldin and how he plays. Flacco gonna Flacco. Ray Rice was my FF RB and helped me win a league.

But really two teams I don't have a strong dislike for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom