• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ngozi, Marvel's newest superhero was inspired by Nigeria's chibok girls.

Sesha

Venom Ghost Rider?

I can't deal with that foolishness.

How about Venom Rulk Rider?

0d4.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I am down for some crazy absurd shit
Whatre the best stories atm featuring ghost rider (card driver)

the newest rider has three runs. his original, ghost racers(the secret wars tie in thats not connected to anything)and his recently cancelled book

PixelatedBookake

Fucking Comics

Oh yes Ghost Racers. I thought it was a good premise but kind of dropped the ball storywise. Cool to see all those AU Ghost Riders tho.

Anyways... it's great to see more Nigerian representation in media recently. It's dope to see more of that like Doomfist in Overwatch. It's too bad this is AU only but once upon a time Miles and Old Man Logan were AU only so.....

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Man, I really want to get more into comics and give money to Marvel for their efforts to be more diverse, but it's so god damn hard to figure out where to start, haha. I'll keep an eye on this one though and hopefully I can grab a copy.

Kamala Khan Ms Marvel vol 1 - perfect starting point!!

Parallax

Oh yes Ghost Racers. I thought it was a good premise but kind of dropped the ball storywise. Cool to see all those AU Ghost Riders tho.

Anyways... it's great to see more Nigerian representation in media recently. It's dope to see more of that like Doomfist in Overwatch. It's too bad this is AU only but once upon a time Miles and Old Man Logan were AU only so.....

she would probably make more sense as an AU character in the mainline than miles does though

PixelatedBookake

the newest rider has three runs. his original, ghost racers(the secret wars tie in thats not connected to anything)and his recently cancelled book

Robbie Reyes became the Ghost Rider in 2013 (I think). His run starts there and I forget who the artist is for the first 6 issues but that art was fucking AMAZING. I stopped reading after the artist changed but I'm sure the story was still good.

Parallax

Robbie Reyes became the Ghost Rider in 2013 (I think). His run starts there and I forget who the artist is for the first 6 issues but that art was fucking AMAZING. I stopped reading after the artist changed but I'm sure the story was still good.

tradd moore was the initial artist. if you can you should seek out the luther strode series

A.J.

Banned
Yep, and unlike Venom!Punisher, Rocket, Old Man Logan, All-New Wolverine, another Black Panther etc she doesn't look like she'll be part of the main book so this is it for her until someone goes AU surfing since Marvel aren't announcing a Venoms/Web Warriors book.

Wasn't Gwenpool one of the EoV hosts? Did they disclude her for some reason?

VAD

I'm still behind on why the symbiote jumped from Flash to that edgy mobster dude (totally not ripped off The Darkness) and they do this? I guess this Klyntar likes to go around.

That art fits the situation so well. It's just so goofy and bright-looking, perfect. Sounds like a stupidly awesome concept too.

How did the symbiote get to Africa?

It came from space, so I can imagine somebody with it happen to be in Africa, & it got unleashed there. It's not impossible to believe.

SRG01

I'm still behind on why the symbiote jumped from Flash to that edgy mobster dude (totally not ripped off The Darkness) and they do this? I guess this Klyntar likes to go around.

The whole book is a swerve -- it's just a plot to bring the symbiote and Brock together.

Parallax

The whole book is a swerve -- it's just a plot to bring the symbiote and Brock together.

This all started when they killed of anti venom and had Eddie dirty dicking toxin to get him back to venom

Tizoc

Yeah I'm aware of the bibliography so far, but which of them are the better books to read?
Like is thre at least 1 or 2 stand out books?

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
It's awesome there are people in this thread who are touched and inspired by this representation. Really cool! This is why diversity matters. : )

Parallax

Yeah I'm aware of the bibliography so far, but which of them are the better books to read?
Like is thre at least 1 or 2 stand out books?

the very first run is the best, since you get to know robbie and gabe. riders is a what if story thats off the walls insanity, the comeback book was weak, mainly due to the setup of trying to recreate the new fantastic 4

Ryuuroden

Sort of related but not really but sort of do you think that when Marvel reboots the cinema universe they tell the story of an alternative universe or maybe combined a couple alternative universes together or do you think they'll try to continue with the main line with just new representatives of the same superheroes. At this point I think it would be more interesting if they brought in a whole new line of Heroes rather than replacing the ones they exist with new actors and doing it in a different universe/reality. Even keep some of the existing superheroes but tell stories entirely differently with maybe more emphasis on different Heroes that haven't really been emphasized yet. Stuff like what is in this.

I I mean maybe this question is better asked in a different thread but seeing the story kind of inspired that thought because I would like to see stuff like this in cinema. It is why I'm so excited about the Black Panther movie. And I will say as a white person I think the Black Panther movie will be very popular with everyone. That's to the people who think that minorities can't sell movies to white people. Some of the best stuff that's been in cinemas and TV recently has been minority actor driven and I want to see more

PixelatedBookake

This is so stupid and amazing at the same time. What is it from?

It's from a 4 issue AU Secret Wars tie-in called Ghost Racers where all the Ghost Riders are picked from alternate universes and are forced to race against each other with Arcade being the Grand Master behind the whole thing. It was okay but no where near the best to come out of the Secret Wars tie-ins. Has some nice ass art tho.

Sesha

The sad, sad destiny of all female venoms :C

Tho in seriousness it would be cool if she caught on.

Would be cooler if it wasn't a mantle[ish] character.

That's Marvel and DC in general. They love to introduce characters for then to just throw them away. From Marvel, characters like Araña, the casts of Runaways, X-Men Academy, Young Avengers, Avengers Academy, Generation Hope and more are mostly languishing in limbo.

Malyse

That's Marvel and DC in general. They love to introduce characters for then to just throw them away. From Marvel, characters like Araña, the casts of Runaways, X-Men Academy, Young Avengers, Avengers Academy, Generation Hope and more are mostly languishing in limbo.
We need another Avengers Arena to thin the herd.

Parallax

One of the dumbest fucking ideas in recent marvel history. And that includes the events.

I honestly can't believe marvel thought it was a good idea

Sesha

That solves nothing, as they'll just keep introducing new characters for the same thing to happen. We need writers who want to write about characters other than just the ones they liked growing up, and write some stories with finality.

PixelatedBookake

How come the characters in these books never really stuck. I mean, I love Young Avengers and Runaways but they aren't very popular compared to other kid heroes in this age like Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man (Miles) I hope its not because they don't have name recognition...

Parallax

How come the characters in these books never really stuck. I mean, I love Young Avengers and Runaways but they aren't very popular compared to other kid heroes in this age like Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man (Miles) I hope its not because they don't have name recognition...

Ms marvel was a stroke of luck. Good thing she was well written as well. And miles got a push for being s minority spider man. The few teen heroes that exist don't last long enough to get pushed

Venomverse has been so weird.

Instead of copying the Spider-Verse forumla and creating a bunch of cool original characters with symbiote powers, they've just been going "Look it's your favorite characters, but now their outfits are black!" Their personalities haven't even been all that different.

This story was a breath of fresh air because they at least tried to do something.

SOLDIER

Yet another "new" female superhero who has to be tied down to an existing hero.

Because the fan base would never be interested in original female superheroes otherwise, right?

Oh wait...

8cd52aa98c57cb6b3f7792881a7bc01f.jpg

Top Bottom