• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 07 on PS2 is different than NHL 07 on X360?

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Read title, then explain why the hell they are different. I don't get it, is it reall processing power that kept analog stick handling and shooting off the PS2 version?

Foil

Hitman said:
Read title, then explain why the hell they are different. I don't get it, is it reall processing power that kept analog stick handling and shooting off the PS2 version?

Next Gen was made by the main team in BC.
Current Gen was made by a new studio in Montreal.

Totally different games, 360 I hear is more powerful than PS2 so that probally has something to do with it.

Phthisis

Based on what I've heard, it appears that EA Montreal (the team behind the current-gen NHL games) was under pressure from EA to purposely not improve the game because the company wanted the 360 version to be the premiere version of the game.

If you ask me, I think EA has had right analog stick control of the hockey stick in the works for a long time, and once they development of the 360 version began, they decided to make it exclusive to next-gen.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Why would they name it the same game if they aren't the same game. Those asses.

FightyF

Banned
Hitman said:
Why would they name it the same game if they aren't the same game. Those asses.

Plus, they don't make a distinction in their advertising. What else do you expect though? Kush has been slapping them around as far as sales go the last couple of games.

Top Bottom