• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2K6 videos

DMczaf

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/740/740960/vids_1.html

nhl-2k6-20050728025949263.jpg
nhl-2k6-20050728025950732.jpg

VALIS

Wow, they have the new NHL logo already. Must've known about it for a while. And I hope passing can still be done with one button + stick.

edit: they also have the new fat blue lines. hmm.

dem

wow..
Bob Cole and Harry Neale sound terrible

How come they dont mention any players by name? Oh wait... its just like the real cole and neale! :lol

FightyF

Banned
Nooo...Bob Cole and Harry Neale sounded horrible in 2K...and I was hoping they wouldn't sound bad here.

Bah...they need Chris Cuthbert and...PIERRE MCGUIRE!

--addendum--

Cool to see the game in action, I can already tell that they've improved some animations that really needed it. Also, they move into a more televised type replay right away, and then go into the fancy impossible angle replays after that point. I think that's a good way of doing it. I don't know if this will be a consistant thing or if it just happened this once.

Does anybody know if this will be incorporating any of the rules changes that are being batted around right now? Is 2K5 the last version to feature "classic" rules?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
echoshifting said:
Does anybody know if this will be incorporating any of the rules changes that are being batted around right now? Is 2K5 the last version to feature "classic" rules?

there was articles in the toronto star about this with comments from both EA and 2K. Both were waiting to see what the rule changes were before they implemented them. They already changed the goalie pad sizes in the game (!!!) and the other rules will most likely be easily implemented. (except for maybe the goalie puck control zone rules) I have a feeling that they might include both sets of rules.

DopeyFish said:
there was articles in the toronto star about this with comments from both EA and 2K. Both were waiting to see what the rule changes were before they implemented them. They already changed the goalie pad sizes in the game (!!!) and the other rules will most likely be easily implemented. (except for maybe the goalie puck control zone rules) I have a feeling that they might include both sets of rules.

Great answer, thank you.

God the commenatry is terrible. It's some of the worst I've heard in a long time. It's so stiff and robotic. Nothing flows well at all.

DopeyFish

Reilly said:
I'm not buying this game unless Crosby is in it (along with all the other teams top prospects).

crosby and all the other draft picks won't be in either game until a roster update is issued because he hasn't played an NHL game as of yet.

Reilly

DopeyFish said:
crosby and all the other draft picks won't be in either game until a roster update is issued because he hasn't played an NHL game as of yet.

but it's not like that in the Madden or NBA games... :)

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Reilly said:
but it's not like that in the Madden or NBA games... :)

Yeah but the NHLPA has weird standards, they won't let them use players who haven't played an NHL game. But yet, they do allow it on NHL EHM so I dunno what's up.

Socreges said:
I turn off commentary in sports games. Always terrible, never necessary.

I love good commentary and like seeing advances in it. MLB from 989 Sports has some pretty damn good commentary that varies quite a bit, always supplying you with something new and keeps up with the action from past events. I love the atmosphere of good commentary but this is just terrible. I want to see more legacy commentary where stuff they talk about covers previous games. I want to see commentary that's taylored more towards playoffs and finals.

Kingpen

Damn it, I signed up for an Xbox 360 for this game primarily. They better have Crosby in it and all of the rule changes. The season starts on Oct 5, and the game won't be released for at least another month on that console. I have seen some NBA games that are released in Oct and it says the roster is up-to-date as far as 3 weeks before it ships. I think it would be terrible if they didn't include him, as he is the biggest story in the NHL in a long, long time.

Anybody got any videos of the 360 version?

DopeyFish

Kingpen said:
Damn it, I signed up for an Xbox 360 for this game primarily. They better have Crosby in it and all of the rule changes. The season starts on Oct 5, and the game won't be released for at least another month on that console. I have seen some NBA games that are released in Oct and it says the roster is up-to-date as far as 3 weeks before it ships. I think it would be terrible if they didn't include him, as he is the biggest story in the NHL in a long, long time.

Anybody got any videos of the 360 version?

well since the 360 version is coming out AFTER the season starts, he should be in there :p

and I think they're just going to finish up the current gen versions then work on the 360 version. (they'll have about 2 months time to work on it)

and since the core game is down, it's just going to be graphics updates basically

Socreges

Banned
Marty Chinn said:
I love good commentary and like seeing advances in it. MLB from 989 Sports has some pretty damn good commentary that varies quite a bit, always supplying you with something new and keeps up with the action from past events. I love the atmosphere of good commentary but this is just terrible. I want to see more legacy commentary where stuff they talk about covers previous games. I want to see commentary that's taylored more towards playoffs and finals.
I suppose commentary is easy to design for baseball games considering the slow pace. It has its place with trodding gameplay such as that, too.

Real-life baseball commentary, however, is awful. The game, of course, moves along even slower, so you've got two guys rambling on about the most hilariously trivial shit you can imagine. My friend and I were briefly watching a Mariners game.... the camera kept cutting to this guy in the stands who was showing off the ball he had just caught.

Me: That guy seems pretty happy. Do you know who hit that?
Friend: Hmm, dunno.
Me: I wonder if it was some kind of homerun plateau.
Friend: Maybe an individual achievement?
Me: ....wait.... huh...
Friend: What?
Me: He's in foul territory. The guy who caught the ball.
Friend: You don't think...
Me: Is baseball THAT uninteresting? That they'll so frequently show a guy in the stands who caught nothing more than a foul ball??
Friend: Holy shit.

I like playoff baseball, mind you, but you'd have to be drunk off your ass or obsessed with statistics to enjoy an ordinary regular season game.

FightyF

Banned
Socreges said:
I turn off commentary in sports games. Always terrible, never necessary.

I thought the commentary in the last few years of ESPN were great. The only problem was repeated phrases, but other than that it was excellent. Especially the replay commentary...AWESOME.

DopeyFish

if anyone notices, they have 2 feet blue lines in the screens instead of 1 foot.

I guess they expected the change but it never happened :p

Norse

DopeyFish said:
if anyone notices, they have 2 feet blue lines in the screens instead of 1 foot.

I guess they expected the change but it never happened :p

yup..noticed that too....hopefuly they fix that before shipping.

Top Bottom