• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Dominion of the Dark Djinn fan-translation released for Nintendo DS

stranno

2cz20ww.png
2e2ield.png

Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madōshi english fan-translation has been finally released for Nintendo DS, following a spanish translation released in 2015, based on the Playstation 3 version.

The translation also comes with the 372-pages mandatory book for playing.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ni-no-kuni-translation-eng.373770/

Impotaku

Extremely impressive that they got the puzzles in the book to work in english. I finished this game many years ago and it was hard going in Japanese the puzzles were fantastic, the book is used extremely well in the DS version it's a huge shame that in the PS3 version it was just seen as a novel extra. The post game content in this game is big enough to be a game in itself, restoring the tower is a monumental task as you scour the world looking for the ingredients to create the floors.

Nice that people now have the chance to try it without the language barrier, i still mantain this game is one of the best rpg games on the system.

Impotaku

I don't quite understand this. It's a text file, or an in-game book, or something else? Is it some sort of lore guide?

I'm confused.

It will most likely be a pdf, the magic master spellbook Oliver is given in the game contains the spell diagrams that he can use to cast magic. The physical book is an exact replica of this in game book & it contains a crazy amount of lore to the world he's in it also contains the pages on how to draw the spells, weapon & item recipies, monster guides and a guide to the realms Oliver explores it also contains a load of puzzles with hidden secrets that you have to decypher in the book. Some pages just look like random pictures but are actually clues on how to solve a certain dungeon or reveal a secret, the game can't be completed unless you have the book as there are words you have to enter in some quests to be able to continue.

The language of Ninokuni has it's own alphabet you used the book to translate this language into Japanese to solve puzzles & riddles, this is what is the hardest part as now instead of translating to Japanese they had to rework all the Ninokuni language to make the words fit english instead which means they would have had to redraw a lot of the book.

Last edited:
Top Bottom